Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Grief.

+6
Milosmom
SacramentoPugs
Aussie Witch
northernwitch
Renee
Saira
10 posters

Go down

Good Grief. Empty Good Grief.

Post  Saira 2/2/2012, 3:58 pm

We just got in 3 unadoptable pugs from the shelter with injuries. All young and reportedly friendly.

Elaine is under 2, has her knee popped out, a fractured hip, and some old underlying injuries. Vet suspects abuse.

Sandy is also under 2, she is limping and bruised. We believe she was hit by a car-there was a witness according to the shelter.

Charlie is also under 2 with a fractured femur.

And they all have kennel cough as well. Poor puppies. I'm going to get pics of them tomorrow before I leave.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Good Grief. Empty Re: Good Grief.

Post  Renee 2/2/2012, 4:08 pm

Dog, Saira, I cannot believe how hard you all are getting hit, one after the other with these injuries.

Breaks my heart to hear about any of them being abused. Crying or Very sad

I just made a donation. Wish I could do more, but I know every little bit helps.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 2/2/2012, 4:15 pm

I'll take "People are Jerks" for 500, Alex.

Jesus. Unbelievable. I made a donation, Saira. It's not much, but it might help.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 2/2/2012, 4:40 pm

Thanks guys, I still don't get why when it rains, it pours. 2 of the 3 are going to need surgery, yuck. It sure would be nice if they trickled in one by one. We also have like 3 dogs in that need to be only dogs. Someone is doing some really crappy breeding around here.

Twisted Evil
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 2/2/2012, 4:50 pm

Saira wrote: We also have like 3 dogs in that need to be only dogs. Someone is doing some really crappy breeding around here.
Twisted Evil

Saira, I don't get this. It breaks my heart every time to read about Buggles.

Do you think it would be worth it to pay the expense to have a trainer work with some of the dogs, before saying they have to be only dogs? I know that some dogs, no matter what, just cannot be rehabilitated.... but, I do believe many dogs can make improvements, in the right situation. The right home and owner can make all the difference too.

Yes, bad breeding. Good Grief. 359531
Renee
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 2/2/2012, 5:05 pm

Renee wrote:
Saira wrote: We also have like 3 dogs in that need to be only dogs. Someone is doing some really crappy breeding around here.
Twisted Evil

Do you think it would be worth it to pay the expense to have a trainer work with some of the dogs, before saying they have to be only dogs? I know that some dogs, no matter what, just cannot be rehabilitated.... but, I do believe many dogs can make improvements, in the right situation. The right home and owner can make all the difference too.

Sure..ideally, that would be perfect, and the ones who are in fosters now have been working on training. And yes, those dogs have made improvements, but they are still iffy with other dogs (even with careful management), and unfortunately, most people want a perfect dog to adopt. They actually could be adopted out to homes with other dogs, to the right home, as you say..but there are few "right" homes out there. But the reality is, as of right now, we don't have any fosters who can take on difficult dogs and work with them, trainer or no trainer. Unless we can find trainers who can foster! I personally can't take an dog aggressive dog in my house right now because of Sophie, and most people who have experience who could work with them have the other fosters with issues at the moment.
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 2/2/2012, 5:27 pm

Saira wrote:
Renee wrote:
Twisted Evil

Sure..ideally, that would be perfect, and the ones who are in fosters now have been working on training. And yes, those dogs have made improvements, but they are still iffy with other dogs (even with careful management), and unfortunately, most people want a perfect dog to adopt. They actually could be adopted out to homes with other dogs, to the right home, as you say..but there are few "right" homes out there. But the reality is, as of right now, we don't have any fosters who can take on difficult dogs and work with them, trainer or no trainer. Unless we can find trainers who can foster! I personally can't take an dog aggressive dog in my house right now because of Sophie, and most people who have experience who could work with them have the other fosters with issues at the moment.
Yep. That's the conundrum for most of us. Those of us who can work with the difficult dogs can't always take all of them in--the work is exhausting for everyone, including the resident dogs. I've had to take a break from the behaviourally disordered as my own dogs just can't be expected to deal with a never ending flow of dogs that will go after them. And most our trainers or the ones we use for consults already have dogs with issues.

And it's almost impossible to find homes that will adopt an issue laden dog. Sadly.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 2/2/2012, 6:05 pm

I know, everything you ladies are saying is true.

It makes me so sad. :(
Renee
Renee

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 2/2/2012, 6:11 pm

Renee wrote:I know, everything you ladies are saying is true.

It makes me so sad. :(

Me too. And like you had said (I think in a FB comment), they are so worth it, if people are willing to take the time and make the effort.
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 2/2/2012, 6:13 pm

Damn. Poor little guys. I'll make a donation next week.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 2/2/2012, 6:30 pm

These poor pugs came from the same shelter? Unreal. Although it does kind of seem like it goes like that sometimes -- we'll have a "run" on a certain breed out of nowhere.

Many healing thoughts to the three of them. Looking forward to pictures (even though I know they'll break my heart).
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Milosmom 2/2/2012, 9:30 pm

That just kills me Saira Crying or Very sad . One right after another after another and all with pretty serious injuries/things going on. People Suck is my motto lately. :(

I also know what you mean about when it rains em in , it pours. Ours of late has been black labs and allot of them. Good Grief. 253213 . 1 F dumped at the entry gate in the middle of the night with her 2 half grown pups and promptly delivered (9) but 7 living puppies a few days later , we had 5 already , then the one someone surrendered to the vet because he was "to much trouble" , the 2 the AC guy picked up roaming around town. Good grief!!
Milosmom
Milosmom

Number of posts : 1178

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 2/2/2012, 9:42 pm

Wow, that just totally sucks. Poor little ones and your poor rescue!
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 2/3/2012, 5:55 pm

I just can't wrap my mind around the concept of abusing a pug. Or any creature. Poor little things. Like DeeDee, I want to see pics, although I will probably end up in tears. I will be saying prayers for their healing.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  ocnside 2/5/2012, 9:21 am

I am sorry to ever hear about animals being abused...especially pugs bc they are like special needs children...if you are not willing to take the proper care of them then the right thing should be done...its not that hard to take a 'breather' to compose yourself...there should be more information on the breed of dogs to adopters and buyers...Julian is a handful, well he is 2 handfuls LOL BUT, my whole family loves him and we all pitch in when things get nuts and there are some pretty chaotic times with 7 kids everyday and a lab and 2 cats Plus Julian...I wish I could do more with rescue!
ocnside
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Post  CSollers 2/5/2012, 10:48 am

What kind of sick f*ck can abuse a Pug? And then breeding unresponsibly? I sometimes get tired of saying this , but people suck!!!!!!!
CSollers
CSollers

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down