Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy!

+35
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
leslyeb
Pugsaunt
SacramentoPugs
Saira
TNPUGMOMOF3
Amanda
puglouie
pugmom
smoochieface
Buddy's Mom
Stitch Chan
CSollers
Cathy
PugLady3
akc0104
lindarpugma
Snifter&Toddy
sallyandtilly
Brenda
LisaIzzyAggy
Candace
ocnside
Aussie Witch
Maryjo
ayleash
puglover22
Rebecca and the Pugs
pugpillow
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
Renee
Mel
northernwitch
Miss Pugg
Millie'sMichael
39 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy! Empty His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy!

Post  Millie'sMichael 2/27/2012, 10:31 pm

I'm sorry to have been missing in action. I have a puppy now! Many of you know what that means far better than I!

I thought for a long time about what to name him, and decided on Willie. It suits him. He's been such a good boy so far. He's very healthy and super athletic. He can jump like an Olympian! He's crate trained, which is new for me. I will admit that I'm uncomfortable with it, but I'm convinced that it's the right thing to do for now. The dogwalker is going to come twice a day for as long as Willie is crated -- once around 11:30AM and again around 4:00PM I get home between 6:00 and 6:30. Once he's not chewing I'll gate him in the kitchen...if I can find a gate that he can't jump over!

I wonder if he might have a little something other than pug in him. He's very tall and thin, and his face seems a little less flat than the pugs I'm used to. I've never had a puppy, so I don't really know how much he might fill in as he ages. His personality is definitely all pug. He's very, very affectionate and smart as a whip. You'd think he had lived here forever, and it's only been since late Friday night.

So...here are a few pictures of Willie's first weekend in DC!

First meeting in a dark parking lot in the middle of the night...

His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy! FirstMeeting

He knows "Sit"

His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy! IKnowSit

He's got the Saturday morning routine down

His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy! SaturdayMorning

His pretty smile

His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy! WilliesSmile
Millie'sMichael
Millie'sMichael

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy! Empty Willy

Post  Miss Pugg 2/27/2012, 10:40 pm

He is breathtakingly beautiful! I'll be anxious to watch his pictures as he grows older.
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy! Empty Re: His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy!

Post  northernwitch 2/27/2012, 10:56 pm

You must have felt my vibes. I was about to come here and chastise you for not keeping us all in the loop.

And Michael, he looks all pug to me. We see a lot of the long leggy pugs with longer snouts and undershot jaws. Just means they aren't the best bred dogs in the world, but still pugs. Heck, you saw Hazel--she's definitely a pug, but leggy, lean, long and the total opposite of Tank's structure.

I think he's adorable.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy! Empty Re: His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy!

Post  Mel 2/27/2012, 11:12 pm

oh my goodness, what a cutie!
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 2/27/2012, 11:27 pm

How cute!!

I agree with Blanche - he looks all pug to me as well. I have seen many of the long, lean, and leggy pugs. they fill out around 4-5 years, in my experience. My own Ichiro was the same way!!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Lu Ci and Ri Ki 2/27/2012, 11:34 pm

Willie is adorable, love his toofers. The Saturday morning photo is wonderful. He does look so at home already...........a man and his Pug, you just can't beat that.
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
Lu Ci and Ri Ki

Number of posts : 569

Back to top Go down

Post  pugpillow 2/28/2012, 12:15 am

Love the name and love the picture of him on your knee, so relaxed.
pugpillow
pugpillow

Number of posts : 944

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 2/28/2012, 12:19 am

Bubba is long and lean with a bit of a snout. I think he is wonderful.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  puglover22 2/28/2012, 12:24 am

OMG he's darling! I love his smile!
puglover22
puglover22

Number of posts : 608

Back to top Go down

Post  ayleash 2/28/2012, 12:38 am

Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!

Everything about this boy for you is wonderful!

Lucky ALL of us!

hug dog hug dog hug dog
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 2/28/2012, 12:53 am

He's all pug... And I LOVE him! At 6 months, he is a 'teenager', so all legs.

I am so happy for you I could cry, oh wait, I've done that! I look forward to many new pics.
Crating keeps them safe, and a twice-a-day dog walker is more than most people do!
hug dog
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 2/28/2012, 12:53 am

He's so adorable, Michael! And as the others have said, he's definitely a purebred pug. He's also at that age when they're all a bit leggy and gangly, so that would have an effect too.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  ocnside 2/28/2012, 7:53 am

Awwwe, he's such a ham for the camera cheers Congrats on your new baby, they are 2 handfuls

Julian's legs are lanky right now too, he just turned 7 months on Monday...I look forward to seeing pics of him!
ocnside
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Post  Candace 2/28/2012, 8:08 am

Oh, he's all pug and cute as a button! He should keep you hopping about! I love his little toofies! They do fill out and get more muscles, after a year or two, although Mookie is still long and lean and he is 10!
Candace
Candace

Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 2/28/2012, 9:22 am

How cute. Love those toofers. The two of you look great together and I love your choice of name.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 2/28/2012, 9:37 am

Sooooo happy you and he are sooooo happy!!! I love happy rescue endings. Very Happy
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 2/28/2012, 9:52 am

Oh man! He is sooo cute!!!! pug2
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 2/28/2012, 10:06 am

So adorable.

I'd eat my hat if he turned out not to be 100% pug.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  lindarpugma 2/28/2012, 10:07 am

He's so perfect that the picture of him sitting looks like a statue. I can't wait to hear about your adventures with him.
lindarpugma
lindarpugma

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post  akc0104 2/28/2012, 10:39 am

He's beautiful! Congratulations.
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 2/28/2012, 10:53 am

Oh Michael, he is just the cutest little thing! I love him! His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy! 335895 As the others have said, he'll fill out eventually. And as far as the crate, my girls love theirs and go in them on their own for naps all of the time, even when we're home. I just leave the doors open & the only one that I will close when I leave the house is Zoe's (because she'll sneak a pee in the house otherwise, the stinker). Congrats again & I love his name! His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy! 609723
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/28/2012, 11:24 am

He is perfect!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy 2/28/2012, 12:46 pm

He's adorable, and I love the teeth! What's his story, Michael?
Cathy
Cathy

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  CSollers 2/28/2012, 8:31 pm

He's a great looking boy and you love him. What difference if there's a little non-Pug in him
CSollers
CSollers

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post  Millie'sMichael 2/28/2012, 10:10 pm

Thanks, everybody!

I didn't mean to say that it would bother me if there was a terrier in the family tree! I just wasn't sure if pugs were thinner when adolescent and then fuller later. He's my boy now, and I'm gonna love him. Maybe he is all pug...just a different body type than I'm used to. And more athletic! Lord have mercy...he flies through the air from sofa to chair to table to my lap without fear.

For those of you who don't know his story, he was given up very young by someone who wasn't prepared to deal with a puppy. At 12 weeks, a foster family took him. I don't know how young he was when he was sold by the original breeder, but it had to be very young. When the foster family's eight year old pug was unhappy with a puppy in the house, they made him available to SEPRA. They are wonderful, caring people who only wanted the best for their pug and for Willie. They love Willie and miss him, but they are glad he's with me. I'm forever in their debt.
Millie'sMichael
Millie'sMichael

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next