Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Pug News to Share

+29
puglover22
Lindsey
ChaLou
PugMomto3
FurSprinklers
Rebecca and the Pugs
pugpillow
sallyandtilly
MandyPug
lotusseeds
Javalita
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
H the P
Pugsaunt
HK Pugs
Brenda
We're Here
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
MommaJones
Renee
Aussie Witch
Saira
Mel
northernwitch
GingerSnap
Snifter&Toddy
Two Crazy Pugs
TxAllieGrl
puglouie
33 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Good Pug News to Share Empty Good Pug News to Share

Post  puglouie 6/4/2011, 11:31 am

I was going to wait to talk about this, but there's so much sadness around here lately, that I wanted to share some good news and goodness that's happened to us since the passing of our dear, sweet Louie. As some of you know, our younger devil pug Chamuco, like Louie, is a rescue. Through a sequence of events, both happy and sad, he ended up under the care of our very own Pug Savers and we were fortunate to be the family chosen to be his forever home. Unlike Louie, Chamuco came to us with papers so we knew exactly where he had come from and other pertinent details. At the suggestion of some pug people, I contacted the breeder via email to let her know that her perfect and beautiful devil pug had ended up in our care. I wanted to assure her that he was in good hands and hopefully learn something of his history, etc. Well, the email exchange went well -- the breeder was horrified to learn that he had been "given up" at only 11 months but happy he had found a home with a serious and committed pug family, which I'd like to think we are. :-D

Over the course of Chamuco's time with us, I've been sharing photos and updates of him with the breeder so when Louie passed, she was on the list of people I emailed with the sad news. She wrote me back immediately to say how sorry she was and how she had recently lost one of her "special special" pugs (Chamuco's granddad) and she understood the pain and sadness I was feeling. And then she did something totally unexpected: she offered me one of her pugs! A young fawn had recently been returned to her because the family's child had developed a serious allergy to him. He is just about to turn two and, if I understand the lineage, is Chamuco's nephew (his Mama is Chamuco's sister). This was very soon after Louie's passing -- perhaps not even two days after -- so it wasn't something I was thinking about or expecting and my first thought was "I'd like to see a photo of him" and my second was pure unadulterated guilt. How could I bring another pug into my house so soon after losing the pug who was my best friend in the whole wide world? I consulted a few people (pugwise and otherwise) and got some very clear-headed and kind advice. My favorite of which came from my best two-legged friend who said "I have to say, the best way to move on from the loss is to open your heart to another furry love bug. It's like those parents who are worried and guilty about having another baby and ask themselves if they could ever make room to love another kid.... the heart has enough room for the whole world."

I've thought about what she said "the heart has enough room for the whole world" and of course, cried a lot of tears and wrestled with my husband and wrangled with my own guilt and ultimately, we've decided to bring this little bundle of pug energy (who, according to his breeder, is apparently full of the same piss and vinegar as his uncle the Devil) into our home. The details of getting him from Canada to California still have to be worked out but this is going to happen. Our preliminary plan is for me to pick him up (accompanied by a friend) and drive him out west on my way back from my class that I've been taking in North Carolina. Too much of this feels like kismet for me to seriously wonder if indeed there are no coincidences in this world, only fate. I have many trepidations still in my own heart and a lot of guilty feelings, but yet a few weeks to start to work them out. I know I'll never replace Louie but one pug person I confided in about this said she looks at all the pugs she's brought into her home as a long, continuous line --a beautiful, living legacy from her very first pug, the one who pugged her heart and made sure she would always have those funny and strange little flat-faced furry friends in her life. Frankly, I can't argue with that sentiment, even now barely two weeks since the passing of That One Special Heart Pug. Louie will always be my first and he led us to Chamuco and now Chamuco has led us to "Joey" (name to be changed when we decide on a new one) and Joey will lead us to the next pug and the next pug after that and so on. Who am I to argue with the Way of the World According to Pugs? It's certainly a legacy deserving of the King of All Pugs and will ensure that little spot in my heart named "Louie" will always and forever be lit -- a beautiful reminder every time I look at the faces of the pugs around me.

So, without further ado, here is our new family member. I will of course keep y'all updated as to my travel plans and alert you to his official arrival to Pug Hill. As always, thank you for being you.

Good Pug News to Share MVC-010F

Good Pug News to Share MVC-020F

Good Pug News to Share MVC-012F

Good Pug News to Share MVC-003F

puglouie
puglouie

Number of posts : 618

Back to top Go down

Good Pug News to Share Empty Re: Good Pug News to Share

Post  TxAllieGrl 6/4/2011, 11:38 am

Elizabeth - he's a handsome guy. I have to agree that there is room in the heart for the whole world. While "Joey" (aka pug-to-be-named) will never replace Louie, I do hope he will help you and your family heal.

And yes, some things are just meant to be. Much luck with the logistics to bring him home.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Two Crazy Pugs 6/4/2011, 11:55 am

That is one handsome face! I bet Louie is smiling down on you and you decision. He wouldn't want you to be sad. I like the thought of your heart being able to hold the world.
Two Crazy Pugs
Two Crazy Pugs

Number of posts : 1295

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 6/4/2011, 12:35 pm

He's very, very cute and I am glad you have decided to open your heart and home to him.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 6/4/2011, 12:42 pm

He's just adorable! I think that everyone's grieving process is different, and everyone's heart has its own timetable. There's no right or wrong length of time to wait, and it sounds like this handsome little man has come into your life at just the right time for you. Congratulations!
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 6/4/2011, 12:53 pm

Oh a handsome man! Looking forward to hearing of the adventures of this fawn stunner.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 6/4/2011, 1:09 pm

I got Zoe just 2 weeks after Jack passed. she has been a tremendous help in the healing process. I hope that this new baby will do the same for you. Louie would want you to share the love you did with him. Congrats! Good Pug News to Share 609723
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/4/2011, 1:34 pm

Even though you were not looking, sometimes the universe has a way of opening up and bringing you want you need. Louie has touched so many of us here because of you, and will have hold a soft spot in my heart.
This new man will fill you back with joy again and I'm sure Louie would have approved.

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 6/4/2011, 1:51 pm

He's so handsome! I agree that animals find is when the time is right, and it looks like Joey was meant to be with you guys.

Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 6/4/2011, 2:26 pm

You know how I feel Elizabeth, so I'm glad you're sharing the good news with everyone! As mentioned, the universe sometimes takes control and we just have to go where it takes us. And this couldn't be better.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 6/4/2011, 2:53 pm

I am so very happy for you! He is very cute, and I am sure Chamuco and him will have a blast getting into trouble together.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 6/4/2011, 5:33 pm

Everyone has said it so much better than I can. I think this is just the right thing for you and your family. I can't wait to hear more as all the details get worked out and 'Joey' comes home to pug hill.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Lu Ci and Ri Ki 6/4/2011, 6:18 pm

Elizabeth, "Joey" is gorgeous and I'm so happy for you, your husband and Chamuco. Can't wait to hear how he makes his way to Pug Hill and all about his new and fabulous life with you. I really think Louie is smiling.
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
Lu Ci and Ri Ki

Number of posts : 569

Back to top Go down

Post  We're Here 6/4/2011, 6:35 pm

He is handsome, cobby, great grin. Maybe Spencer Tracy in a fawn suit. Love him already.
So glad this happened.

We're Here

Number of posts : 893

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 6/4/2011, 7:11 pm

He's absolutely beautiful!! I am thrilled for you and can't wait to hear of his adventures on Pug Hill.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  HK Pugs 6/4/2011, 8:10 pm

Elizabeth, how wonderful; he is a handsome boy and I can see the mischief in his eys.
Louie did create a legacy of love and what a wonder legacy that is.
Good Pug News to Share 27965
HK Pugs
HK Pugs

Number of posts : 1550

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 6/4/2011, 11:36 pm

Oh, the handsomeness! Things tend to happen the way they are supposed to happen, and this is a wonderful happening. Hugs to Chamuco.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 6/5/2011, 5:11 am

This is lovely news and I for one think you are doing absolutely the right thing. Quite apart from the fact that he is impossibly gorgeous and a close relative of Chamuco, of course! Good Pug News to Share 335895

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 6/5/2011, 11:45 am

Truly amazing how things work out sometimes. Congratulations to all of you!!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 6/5/2011, 11:56 am

He's beautiful. I shed a few tears reading your email - it pretty much says it all…the guilt, the joy, etc.etc.etc. I'm happy for you and can't wait to meet him in person.
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  lotusseeds 6/5/2011, 3:37 pm

He is so, so beautiful and looks like he is full of personality! I think it is wonderful that while you still mourn for Louie, you can open your heart to this little man. I just love his face!!!
lotusseeds
lotusseeds

Number of posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post  puglouie 6/5/2011, 4:38 pm

Thanks everybody. He IS adorable. What a face, right? His breeder says he's got plenty of attitude so we're prepping the house for the takeover of Uncle Devil and his Nephew. Right now, we're thinking of names. Drop one on us if you think of a good one. My husband wants to call him Puccini cause we call all our dogs "poochie" all the time but I'm wondering if that might be confusing. Names I've considered and sort of passed on: Dizzy, Polpette (Italian meatball), Mookie. I think this might be one guy who won't get a name until eyes are laid on him.

Speaking of ... anybody ever rent a car and drive across the border to Canada and back? Any suggestions on the best and cheapest way to go? I'm heading for the Calgary area. I could fly in and drive out or drive both ways or .. I don't know. I'm investigating my options. Renting a car one way from NC to SF is expensive so now I'm looking at possibly flying with him. Though I'd have to have him in the cabin with me. It's my last choice really. I just don't think it's good for them on so many levels. We'll see what we see. In the meantime, I'm open (and hoping to get) any advice y'all might offer to me.
puglouie
puglouie

Number of posts : 618

Back to top Go down

Post  MandyPug 6/5/2011, 4:44 pm

puglouie wrote:Speaking of ... anybody ever rent a car and drive across the border to Canada and back? Any suggestions on the best and cheapest way to go? I'm heading for the Calgary area. I could fly in and drive out or drive both ways or .. I don't know. I'm investigating my options. Renting a car one way from NC to SF is expensive so now I'm looking at possibly flying with him. Though I'd have to have him in the cabin with me. It's my last choice really. I just don't think it's good for them on so many levels. We'll see what we see. In the meantime, I'm open (and hoping to get) any advice y'all might offer to me.

No idea what the rules are. However, what day will you be in Calgary? That's a hop skip and a jump from me! You could meet Izzie the wonder pug if you wanted :)
MandyPug
MandyPug

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 6/5/2011, 4:52 pm

I'd try to fly to Calgary and then drive to CA if I were you, but I know nothing about international car rentals, so I don't know if that's an option. If not, I'd try to fly into a US city near the border near Calgary. (My Canadian geography sucks, so I have no idea what airport that might be!) Then I'd rent a car there and pick him up and head home. I can't imagine that they'd limit your ability to cross the border completely in a rental car. Driving all the way across the continent doesn't necessarily seem the best way to do it.
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  MandyPug 6/5/2011, 4:59 pm

GingerSnap wrote:I'd try to fly to Calgary and then drive to CA if I were you, but I know nothing about international car rentals, so I don't know if that's an option. If not, I'd try to fly into a US city near the border near Calgary. (My Canadian geography sucks, so I have no idea what airport that might be!) Then I'd rent a car there and pick him up and head home. I can't imagine that they'd limit your ability to cross the border completely in a rental car. Driving all the way across the continent doesn't necessarily seem the best way to do it.

The closest city to the border to get to Calgary would be Great Falls i believe and that's still a 3 hour drive to my city then 2 more to Calgary. It'd be best to fly into Calgary International and rent a car if you can or fly from Calgary to SF.

ETA: Kalispell would be another choice for flying to a US city, but it's still a 5 hour drive up to Calgary.
MandyPug
MandyPug

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next