Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy!

+35
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
leslyeb
Pugsaunt
SacramentoPugs
Saira
TNPUGMOMOF3
Amanda
puglouie
pugmom
smoochieface
Buddy's Mom
Stitch Chan
CSollers
Cathy
PugLady3
akc0104
lindarpugma
Snifter&Toddy
sallyandtilly
Brenda
LisaIzzyAggy
Candace
ocnside
Aussie Witch
Maryjo
ayleash
puglover22
Rebecca and the Pugs
pugpillow
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
Renee
Mel
northernwitch
Miss Pugg
Millie'sMichael
39 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy! - Page 2 Empty Re: His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy!

Post  northernwitch 2/28/2012, 10:21 pm

Millie'sMichael wrote:Thanks, everybody!

I didn't mean to say that it would bother me if there was a terrier in the family tree! I just wasn't sure if pugs were thinner when adolescent and then fuller later. He's my boy now, and I'm gonna love him. Maybe he is all pug...just a different body type than I'm used to. And more athletic! Lord have mercy...he flies through the air from sofa to chair to table to my lap without fear.

For those of you who don't know his story, he was given up very young by someone who wasn't prepared to deal with a puppy. At 12 weeks, a foster family took him. I don't know how young he was when he was sold by the original breeder, but it had to be very young. When the foster family's eight year old pug was unhappy with a puppy in the house, they made him available to SEPRA. They are wonderful, caring people who only wanted the best for their pug and for Willie. They love Willie and miss him, but they are glad he's with me. I'm forever in their debt.
He likely will fill out, Michael. And I never thought you were a purist or felt less for him if he were a mix. Just wanted to let you know that we see a lot of the leggy guys in rescue.

And here's an axiom of dog ownership--whatever your first dog was, the second will be the polar opposite. Not that she was my first, but Scout came before Lola--a sweeter, better behaved dog didn't exist. And then came Lola.......
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy! - Page 2 Empty Re: His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy!

Post  Stitch Chan 2/28/2012, 11:14 pm

Gotta love that smile! Wouldn't worry about his size! Stitch was tall and lanky like that, now he is on a diet..... hehe
Stitch Chan
Stitch Chan

Number of posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post  Buddy's Mom 2/28/2012, 11:29 pm

Michael - I've been following your posts and I am so happy for you and Willie! His toofers are just like Oscars and I tell him I love them everyday! There is no doubt that you're in for a rassling but so much love too. He looks all Pug, my Buddy is tall like him. Willie is the cutest! How'd you come up with his name?
Buddy's Mom
Buddy's Mom

Number of posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 2/28/2012, 11:37 pm

Loving his adorable underbite! Leo is on the long and lean side, too. He filled out a bit but he's still got a lot of leg. His face isn't as smushed either. We find that a plus because he nosefold never gets yucky.

Welcome home, Willie!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 2/28/2012, 11:50 pm

You know who he reminds me of? My former foster Pippin. Long, lean leggy and with the same cute underbite. Good good boy. He has filled out nicely--although he's the Great Dane of pugs.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 2/28/2012, 11:54 pm

The pictures are wonderful! Willie certainly does look like he is right at home with you. What a lucky pug and what a lucky pug daddy. His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy! - Page 2 609723 I am looking forward to hearing a lot about the antics of Willie along with loads of new photos.
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  puglouie 2/29/2012, 12:00 am

I couldn't be happier for you Michael. Welcome Willie. I love your name and your cute pug face.

May you both have a long and lovely relationship. I know at least a couple of old pugs who are smiling down on you guys.
puglouie
puglouie

Number of posts : 618

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 2/29/2012, 12:19 am

He's just so precious. I think I need to make a trip to DC. :)

Millie'sMichael wrote: And more athletic! Lord have mercy...he flies through the air from sofa to chair to table to my lap without fear.
This is exactly how Nell was. Jumping from back of chair to sofa to table, bouncing off your head and doing it all over again. He'll keep you busy but he's a fawn boy and in my eyes they are just always perfect no matter what. Very Happy Nell was leggy and super skinny for a long time too and she definitely filled out! She's a tank now.
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Candace 2/29/2012, 8:08 am

northernwitch wrote:You know who he reminds me of? My former foster Pippin. Long, lean leggy and with the same cute underbite. Good good boy. He has filled out nicely--although he's the Great Dane of pugs.

That's what I was thinking. Whatever he is, he is just adorable. It will be fun hearing about him and seeing him grow up.
Candace
Candace

Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 2/29/2012, 11:08 am

Oh he's all pug for sure! Just not a "breed standard" version, more of a "rescue standard" version! Laughing He reminds me of my SEPRA alum/foster failure, Hank!! Hank has long legs, is definately leaner and has has a little more snoot than my others! But he is also the sweetest of the bunch and everyone LOVES the Hanky Man! I know Willie will charm the pants off everyone too! Love the name Willie too! I named one of my favorite foster pugs Willie and he was adopted by one of my best friends and I still get to see him all the time! Lots of great nicknames go with Willie! Very Happy I love his toofer smile! Sooo cute! I am thrilled for you both!
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 2/29/2012, 11:24 am

Amanda wrote:He's just so precious. I think I need to make a trip to DC. :)

Millie'sMichael wrote: And more athletic! Lord have mercy...he flies through the air from sofa to chair to table to my lap without fear.
This is exactly how Nell was. Jumping from back of chair to sofa to table, bouncing off your head and doing it all over again. He'll keep you busy but he's a fawn boy and in my eyes they are just always perfect no matter what. Very Happy Nell was leggy and super skinny for a long time too and she definitely filled out! She's a tank now.

Sophie was a flier too! Laughing He's just too cute, and I'm so happy for the both of you!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 2/29/2012, 1:43 pm

Eeeek, that smile! Just melts the heart. I love that you paid tribute to Millie with Willie's name. He has some big pawprints to fill, but it looks like he's wiggled his way into your heart already.
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 2/29/2012, 3:06 pm

Oh, he is adorable, and I love his toothy little smile. He could not have found a better home, and the two of you are going to be very happy together!!!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  leslyeb 3/5/2012, 9:34 pm

He is adorable and so very handsome. My Taz was a very tall and thin pug his entire life. Around age 9, he finally developed the extra skin around his neck area. Willie looks all pug to me and is probably just an energetic boy. I know you would not care if he wasn't, but I think you just have a long legged boy! I look forward to more pictures and updates.
leslyeb
leslyeb

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 3/6/2012, 10:32 am

He is just too cute!! I love his smile, it's absolutely precious.

He sounds like a fawn version of Mac, tall and leggy with all kinds of crazy energy. Gotta love those boys!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  PugMomto3 3/6/2012, 10:58 am

He is stunning, thats for sure!!! And he looks all pug to me!! :) Sure is a love pug at that!! Looking forward to more pics!
PugMomto3
PugMomto3

Number of posts : 543

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 3/6/2012, 1:53 pm

I sure would like to see some more pics. Very Happy
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Imon 3/6/2012, 4:09 pm

He certainly is adorable! Hugs to Willy!His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy! - Page 2 335895
Imon
Imon

Number of posts : 1898

Back to top Go down

Post  dianebarrybrazil 3/21/2012, 8:32 pm

Just had to add my voice: I think he is definitely all pug....Tallulah has a bit of a snout and thinner, longer legs than most pugs too. I read that in Victorian times pugs were taller, leggier and their faces weren't as flat - over time though the breed morphed into the stockier, flat-faced standard we have now. So I think of Tallulah as a Victorian Pug. As my vet told me when I rescued her and didn't know her background and questioned if she was truly a pug: "She's purely bred but poorly bred" LOL His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy! - Page 2 335895
dianebarrybrazil
dianebarrybrazil

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 3/21/2012, 8:56 pm

dianebarrybrazil wrote: As my vet told me when I rescued her and didn't know her background and questioned if she was truly a pug: "She's purely bred but poorly bred" LOL His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy! - Page 2 335895
I like that!
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Nan and BAGS 3/21/2012, 9:25 pm

Soooo cute!!!!! Congrats!
Nan and BAGS
Nan and BAGS

Number of posts : 869

http://http:/nanandbags.typepad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Millie'sMichael 3/23/2012, 10:54 am

dianebarrybrazil wrote:Just had to add my voice: I think he is definitely all pug....Tallulah has a bit of a snout and thinner, longer legs than most pugs too. I read that in Victorian times pugs were taller, leggier and their faces weren't as flat - over time though the breed morphed into the stockier, flat-faced standard we have now. So I think of Tallulah as a Victorian Pug. As my vet told me when I rescued her and didn't know her background and questioned if she was truly a pug: "She's purely bred but poorly bred" LOL His Name is Willie, And He's a Good Boy! - Page 2 335895

It's funny that you mentioned the Victorian pugs, as I have been thinking exactly the same thing about Willie. He looks a lot like pugs that are depicted in old drawings and paintings. He's wearing me out with those long legs!
Millie'sMichael
Millie'sMichael

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2