Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome News!

+9
Brenda
Cathy
PugMomto3
ocnside
Aussie Witch
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
northernwitch
pugmom
Stitch Chan
13 posters

Go down

Awesome News! Empty Awesome News!

Post  Stitch Chan 3/11/2012, 8:55 pm

We are officially flying out of Tokyo for Seattle on April 19th. AND Stitch and Lilo now have reserved in cabin spots!

Last edited by Stitch Chan on 3/11/2012, 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stitch Chan
Stitch Chan

Number of posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Awesome News! Empty Re: Awesome News!

Post  pugmom 3/11/2012, 8:59 pm

That IS wonderfuly news. I hope you have a great flight and that Lilo and Stitch enjoy their great accomodations. Awesome News! 335895 Keep us updated!
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 3/11/2012, 9:45 pm

EXCELLENT!
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lu Ci and Ri Ki 3/11/2012, 11:37 pm

Awesome News! 977583 The best news ever!! I know you are relieved.
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
Lu Ci and Ri Ki

Number of posts : 569

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 3/12/2012, 4:10 am

Wonderful!!
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  ocnside 3/12/2012, 7:53 am

Such relieving news, whew! Awesome News! 78340 Awesome News! 78340
ocnside
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Post  PugMomto3 3/12/2012, 8:25 am

Yay, great news!! Happy for you all!!!
PugMomto3
PugMomto3

Number of posts : 543

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy 3/12/2012, 11:28 am

Wonderful news!
Cathy
Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 3/12/2012, 11:49 am

awesome is right!! Hope your flight goes uneventful.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 3/12/2012, 12:55 pm

Yeah!! So glad it all worked out! I bet you can't wait to get stateside!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 3/12/2012, 4:19 pm

Outstanding! Awesome News! 977583
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Awesome News! Empty Update!

Post  Stitch Chan 3/24/2012, 7:21 pm

I had my separation command changed to Norfolk, VA. We will only be in Seattle for a day to rest before the next leg. Part of the problem we had with Washington was that the separation command was 1hr 30m by ferry from the airport, I didn't want to put the pugs through anymore stress than what was necessary. So I had the separation command changed to Norfolk, this way I can land in DC drop the family off at my dads house in fredericksburg, and head to Norfolk for separation, the family and pugs wont have to stay in a hotel. They can rest and relax before our road trip to our new home in North Carolina.

By the end of this trip the pugs will have nearly 20 hours of flight time under their belts and I would think this will make them Pet flight experts hehe.

By the way we ran into some complications last week that almost barred us from taking the pugs home with us, it was bad. But apparently we had misread what we were looking at, after confirmation with the import/export of pets in the Japanese government and Military vet command her in japan, turns out the export laws are a lot less strict if we don't intend to return to japan.

Apparently here in japan if you are leaving with pets, and intending to RETURN, then you need to have microchip, two rabies vaccinations AFTER the chipping, and a FAVN test prior to departure. As I said before this is if we were intending to return to japan.
Stitch Chan
Stitch Chan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 3/24/2012, 8:31 pm

So how long will you be in Norfolk? That's even closer to me than DC! I'd be happy to give you a pug fix. Very Happy
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Stitch Chan 3/24/2012, 8:51 pm

Ill be there for 2-4 days unfortunately the pugs will be in DC though I will be in Norfolk alone while I separate. but we will be driving down through Norfolk again when we head to North Carolina I would love for my family to meet yours and your pugs!
Stitch Chan
Stitch Chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Stitch Chan 3/28/2012, 5:33 am

Rabies certificates are done! Just need the health certificate, and that will be done a couple of days before flight. Unfortunately only lilo's sherpa bag made it to us, I think stitch's got lost in the mailing system still keeping the fingers crossed, I need to get them used to their carriers it is going to be a long flight.
Got a hotel reservation at the La Quinta Inn at the Sea Tac airport, we will be flying out alaska airlines the next day just need to make the reservations tonight over the phone (Won't reserve the flight untill I have confirmation of in cabin spots for lilo and stitch). Have an emergency vet lined up in Seattle in case something goes sideways on us. And I also have a post flight examination scheduled for them at my fathers vet after landing in DC.
Stitch Chan
Stitch Chan

Back to top Go down

Post  ocnside 3/28/2012, 8:20 am

I am in NC, where are you calling home??
ocnside
ocnside

Back to top Go down

Post  Stitch Chan 3/28/2012, 8:33 am

Gonna be in Fayetteville, NC
Stitch Chan
Stitch Chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 3/28/2012, 6:04 pm

It does sound like all systems are go. And I'm glad that you found a La Quinta that works for you. As I said, Penny and I stayed at many of them all across the country and never had a bad experience. Everything crossed here that Stitch's Sherpa bag makes it to you soon.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Stitch Chan 3/28/2012, 6:31 pm

Just got reservation comfirmation for my alaska Airlines flight from Seattle to Washington DC. Pets in Cabin spots are reserved!
Stitch Chan
Stitch Chan

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 3/29/2012, 10:25 pm

It looks like everything is falling into place for you. That is super. You certainly are preparing well and seeing to all of the needed details. Awesome News! 609723
pugmom
pugmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Stitch Chan 3/29/2012, 10:39 pm

Pugsaunt wrote:It does sound like all systems are go. And I'm glad that you found a La Quinta that works for you. As I said, Penny and I stayed at many of them all across the country and never had a bad experience. Everything crossed here that Stitch's Sherpa bag makes it to you soon.

I ordered another one, had it shipped priority, I can't seem to find any Sherpa bags here in japan :(. They do have sleepy pods but I don't like em. If push comes to shove I will have to run around kanagawa to find one.
Stitch Chan
Stitch Chan

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 3/29/2012, 11:18 pm

It sounds like things are moving right along! We stayed at a La Quinta a couple of nights with our pugs. The rooms were nice and roomy, clean, comfortable. Very pet friendly.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  ocnside 3/30/2012, 7:20 am

If you want to meet up with the pugs or plan something, PM me, I'd love to meet extended family from PA Very Happy Very Happy
ocnside
ocnside

Back to top Go down

Post  Stitch Chan 3/31/2012, 7:27 am

We're always game for meeting new people and pugs! I'll let you know when we get all settled down!
Stitch Chan
Stitch Chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Stitch Chan 4/3/2012, 6:53 am

Stitch's Carrier came in!!! Awesome News! 78340 We have been leaving them out in the living room and letting the babies explore them, they seem to not be scared to go inside, the next step is going to be closing the carriers for certain intervals of time, we have also considered going fun places for them if they are in the carrier like the dog park, so they believe when they are going into the carrier they are going someplace fun. Slowly but surely we will get them ready.
Stitch Chan
Stitch Chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down