Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Confess...I Don't Understand Kongs

+16
pugsandkids
Mel
Aussie Witch
SacramentoPugs
Pugsaunt
GingerSnap
Maryjo
sallyandtilly
Rebecca and the Pugs
ocnside
Buddy's Mom
MackandMattiesMom
Amanda
thminis
northernwitch
Millie'sMichael
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I Confess...I Don't Understand Kongs - Page 2 Empty Re: I Confess...I Don't Understand Kongs

Post  Buddy's Mom 3/27/2012, 6:46 pm

Mel wrote:we started Zoe with peanut butter in the kong but that got to be a bit much for her waistline so we switched to freezing the kongs with yogurt. haven't done that in a while. will be a great summer treat!

I do hooves with a little bit of peanut butter as dessert every morning after I feed my gang breakfast and have adjusted their food accordingly so as not to ruin their waistline Very Happy . I tried not doing it and they're like "WHAT?" Shocked They just won't settle in the morning without them.

The frozen yogurt kong is an excellent summer-time treat. If we're outside on the weekend I plan ahead and get some ready, they are busy for hours with them.
Buddy's Mom
Buddy's Mom

Number of posts : 218

Back to top Go down

I Confess...I Don't Understand Kongs - Page 2 Empty Re: I Confess...I Don't Understand Kongs

Post  pugsandkids 3/29/2012, 12:51 am

Great reminder about Kongs. I love that Willie goes straight to the box and gets a gift from Aunt Millie! I Confess...I Don't Understand Kongs - Page 2 335895
pugsandkids
pugsandkids

Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 3/29/2012, 8:12 am

Murphy still loves the kong to this day. I don't give it as much but when I do he will work on it for hours. Duke isn't as interested. When I need peace and quiet Duke gets a bully stick and Murph a kong. I think for Easter Murphy will get a new kong from the Easter bunny and Duke those keys. He loves nylabones. Where can I find them? And why have I never heard of them??
Newsie96
Newsie96

Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 3/29/2012, 8:35 am

Sam, my grocery store sometimes has them, or the pet chains like Petsmart/Petco. You can also find them online. You may want to get more than one set, because all of my pugs like to have their own keys.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 4/6/2012, 10:23 am

I've just seen this thread. Maggot (who at four and a half months is rarely still and is always looking for trouble) loves a kong with some kibble inside. It will keep her quiet, and therefore not annoying Hattie, for quite some time. Likewise a nylabone - the bone shaped variety, because the little beast managed to chew a lump off a flatter shaped one! Rolling Eyes
And for what it's worth, I too had forgotten what a challenge a puppy is! Laughing

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 4/6/2012, 10:54 am

Rebecca and the Pugs wrote:Sam, my grocery store sometimes has them, or the pet chains like Petsmart/Petco. You can also find them online. You may want to get more than one set, because all of my pugs like to have their own keys.

I will look in PetsMart tonight! The only time Murphy wants what Duke has is when he wants to annoy his little brother. They really are just like children!
Newsie96
Newsie96

Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

Post  akc0104 4/6/2012, 11:25 am

I'll have to try a kong out with BBBob. Not sure about Matilda, she'd probably want me to sit with her and hold it. Rolling Eyes
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 4/7/2012, 3:24 am

Thurston had a kong when he was a puppy but never took to it. I recommend them all the time to clients - filled with peanut butter, non-fat yogurt (frozen), pumpkin (again, frozen) or soft treats stuffed into the large end. Since Thurston was bored with them, it never occurred to me to try them with Kimchi. While visiting a Boxer client, she found his treat-filled Kong and adopted it. We immediately got her her own, filled it with several soft treats and promptly lost the girl for several hours! This is the dog who doesn't know how to play and doesn't stay occupied for long! After several hours, she brought the Kong into bed and fell asleep next to it. Let Thurston have those stupid squeaky things, she says, I've got my Kong!

Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2