Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senior in Owensboro, KY kill shelter.....

+3
GingerSnap
Amber
TNPUGMOMOF3
7 posters

Go down

Senior in Owensboro, KY kill shelter..... Empty Senior in Owensboro, KY kill shelter.....

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 7/17/2009, 5:25 pm

Anyone know anyone close that could help get this guy out and to Nashville? It's about 2 hrs north of Nashville and about 4 hrs for me to drive.... Plus I have 8 dogs at my house this weekend....2 are only for the weekend, but still!!!! Drinking

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14157428
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Senior in Owensboro, KY kill shelter..... Empty Re: Senior in Owensboro, KY kill shelter.....

Post  Amber 7/17/2009, 5:31 pm

Oh he looks like a big love. I am free pretty much all weekend. I will check and see if they are open tomorrow. Do we know if there is a rescue who could take him in? Call me if you know, not sure how much I'll be online tonight!
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Senior in Owensboro, KY kill shelter..... Empty Re: Senior in Owensboro, KY kill shelter.....

Post  Amber 7/17/2009, 5:34 pm

Ok I just called. They are open 9-12 tomorrow so I can pick him up if a rescue can take him.
Amber
Amber

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 7/17/2009, 5:40 pm

That picture of him smiling is breaking my heart!! I called John and he said we could foster him through the weekend if a rescue can take him by Monday.
Amber
Amber

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 7/17/2009, 5:53 pm

That face, that face! I can't imagine that someone can't take him. I'm not sure who the best contact is for MAPR. Jana, do you know?
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 7/17/2009, 8:20 pm

That face is to die for!! Amber thank you for offering to take him for the weekend. I think Marci's in touch with MAPR and they said they can squeeze him in somewhere.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 7/17/2009, 8:51 pm

Yep I'm going to get him in the morning! I can't wait to meet that sweet face!
Amber
Amber

Back to top Go down

Post  rachi 7/17/2009, 9:36 pm

Thank God you can get him out! What a sweet face, I love the senior pugs. hug dog
rachi
rachi

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 7/17/2009, 10:05 pm

Sorry, I just now seeing this. Can MAPR take him in? If not, what about MCPR? Good luck and pug hugs for the trip and the little one hug dog
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/18/2009, 2:16 pm

He must be already sprung from the shelter - he is showing as Adopted on the website! Thanks for everyone coming to this seniors rescue!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 7/18/2009, 4:38 pm

Yep I was about 1/2 way there when we found out another (non-pug) rescue sprung him. I'm a little sad I didn't get to meet him but I'm glad he's not in the shelter anymore. Plus my mom and I had a great time visiting antique malls we normally wouldn't have found!
Amber
Amber

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 7/18/2009, 5:14 pm

Thank god a rescue has him!! hug dog
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 7/20/2009, 9:57 am

Amber thank you so much for offering to take him for the weekend. The 8 at my house over the weekend was enough to commit my DH, so I would have been able to cover after Monday when the two I was babysitting went home! I am kinda sad we didn't get to meet him too, he had such a great face and what a smile. I am just glad he was out of the shellter! I am sure there will be more than need our help!
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 7/20/2009, 10:01 am

TNPUGMOMOF3 wrote:Amber thank you so much for offering to take him for the weekend. The 8 at my house over the weekend was enough to commit my DH, so I would have been able to cover after Monday when the two I was babysitting went home! I am kinda sad we didn't get to meet him too, he had such a great face and what a smile. I am just glad he was out of the shellter! I am sure there will be more than need our help!

Yes, I'm sure there will be too!
Amber
Amber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down