Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Safe!Very senior pug at high kill AC in Cali.

+2
smoochieface
Miss Pit
6 posters

Go down

Safe!Very senior pug at high kill AC in Cali. Empty Safe!Very senior pug at high kill AC in Cali.

Post  Miss Pit 10/8/2010, 6:06 pm

This poor boy is in Bakersfield,CA at Kern County AC. A friend and I had contacted Lisa with San Diego pug rescue because she normally pulls from this shelter. Neither of us had heard a peep from her and this was a couple of days ago. Here's the little man
http://www.petharbor.com/detail.asp?searchtype=ALL&friends=1&samaritans=1&nosuccess=0&rows=10&imght=120&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_animal_short&fontface=arial&fontsize=10&miles=200&shelterlist='KERN','KERN1','KERN2'&atype=&where=type_DOG&ID=A828036&LOCATION=KERN

Which other pug rescues are in the area that could help?

Thanks,
Trish

Last edited by Miss Pit on 10/9/2010, 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Miss Pit

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Safe!Very senior pug at high kill AC in Cali. Empty Re: Safe!Very senior pug at high kill AC in Cali.

Post  smoochieface 10/8/2010, 6:21 pm

There are no rescues in that area that I know of. However, I know that Pugs N Pals is on the rescue coordinator's contact list of the Kern County shelters. I'll copy this to PNP and see if they have been contacted and plan on doing anything. All the pounds in that county are high kill.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Safe!Very senior pug at high kill AC in Cali. Empty Re: Safe!Very senior pug at high kill AC in Cali.

Post  smoochieface 10/8/2010, 6:26 pm

Trish, could it be possible that the pug has been pulled? I couldn't find him through Pet Harbor or on the Kern County Animal Control website.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 10/8/2010, 8:14 pm

Dear Dog I hope it IS option "A" rather than option "B" on what has happened to the poor guy if he's no longer online....Crying or Very sad
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 10/8/2010, 9:25 pm

Fingers, toes, and paws crossed and a huge prayer that someone sprung him off death row!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit 10/8/2010, 10:09 pm

He was still on the site when I posted earlier. I'm hoping Lisa pulled him and just hasn't had time to email. He looked so fragile Crying or Very sad

Thanks Kendie for letting me know about the rescue that's listed there.

Trish

Miss Pit

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 10/8/2010, 10:24 pm

Miss Pit wrote:He was still on the site when I posted earlier. I'm hoping Lisa pulled him and just hasn't had time to email. He looked so fragile Crying or Very sad

Thanks Kendie for letting me know about the rescue that's listed there.

Trish

We are trying to figure out what happened to him too, if I find anything out, I will let you know!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit 10/9/2010, 1:52 pm

He is still there. I don't know why the link wouldn't show the pug. It was probably me posting it wrong. Anyhow if you go to
http://www.petharbour.com/ and type in Bakersfield,CA then click on Kern County Animal Control Bakersfield. Type in his number which is A828036 he will show up then.

Thanks,
Trish

I did email Pugs and Pals

Last edited by Miss Pit on 10/9/2010, 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out something)

Miss Pit

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 10/9/2010, 3:14 pm

We were told SD was going to try and get him. The problem is, Kern sucks but no one is near it and they don't give dogs much time. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Saira on 10/9/2010, 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit 10/9/2010, 4:00 pm

Lisa just emailed me(her daughter got married)and said that she has been trying to call the shelter and it keeps disconnecting her.

Miss Pit

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 10/9/2010, 4:02 pm

Miss Pit wrote:Lisa just emailed me(her daughter got married)and said that she has been trying to call the shelter and it keeps disconnecting her.

Yeah, it's nearly impossible to get through to them! hair pull
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Pit 10/9/2010, 5:48 pm

I just received word that the pug is safe. He was pulled by an all breed rescue. This was from Angela at the shelter.

Thanks all!

Trish

Miss Pit

Back to top Go down

Post  Lu Ci and Ri Ki 10/9/2010, 5:50 pm

Wonderful news!! Thank you to everyone involved!!
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
Lu Ci and Ri Ki

Number of posts : 569

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 10/9/2010, 5:50 pm

Thank dog that he is ok. My heart lives in my throat during these nail-biters.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 10/9/2010, 6:46 pm

Oh, THANK DOG!! I have been thinking about that little guy. Thanks for following up Trish!
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down