Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senior Adoptions

+8
northernwitch
GracieNEmma
H the P
TxAllieGrl
Pugsaunt
papaspugs
MackandMattiesMom
Lilos Mom
12 posters

Go down

Senior Adoptions Empty Senior Adoptions

Post  Lilos Mom 11/10/2009, 10:15 pm

With all the rescues full right now I just wanted to share two happy endings. Saturday Jerry & I drove up North to Traverse City and did an adoption for one of our Senior boys "Scrappy Doo" he's 11 years old!! What an awesome family he now has such special people to adopt a Senior they've called me everyday to tell me how much they love him and how well he's doing. And tonight I just got home from doing another Senior adoption "Dexter" a 9 year old found his Foverever home tonight. Super nice single man beautiful home. Got there had a new crate and three dog beds ready for Dexter. Was so happy when I left gave me the biggest hug and thanked me for allowing him to be Dexters new Dad!!

It's so nice to see a couple of our old timers finding new "Forever Homes".
Lilos Mom
Lilos Mom

Number of posts : 714

Back to top Go down

Senior Adoptions Empty Re: Senior Adoptions

Post  MackandMattiesMom 11/10/2009, 10:28 pm

That is wonderful. I love hearing happy endings, especially when it's a senior pug or special needs.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 11/10/2009, 10:32 pm

Awww this brings tears to my eyes. I love my senior Baby Girl so much and am grateful to SEPRA that we are her hospice home. I know that lots of people love puppies and young dogs, but my heart is touched by the old ones.
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 11/10/2009, 11:42 pm

My senior pug is snoring on my feet as I type. It always warms my heart when a senior finds a forever home. They give so much, I wish everyone would see that.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 11/10/2009, 11:56 pm

Carol - that's great news! I'm glad these boys found homes to love them for the rest of their lives.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 11/11/2009, 8:46 am

Excellent. I have always thought that new fireside homes for the seniors are the best of all. Senior Adoptions 335895

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  GracieNEmma 11/11/2009, 10:37 am

I love hearing these stories!! I hope many more seniors find good forever homes soon as well. Senior Adoptions 609723
GracieNEmma
GracieNEmma

Number of posts : 1065

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 11/11/2009, 11:10 am

Let's hear it for adopting seniors. They truly are the best. Great job, Carol
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/11/2009, 7:05 pm

Always love a happy ending.

I agree with a lot of you that theres just something specially touching about a sweet senior.

I cant help love their older faces, I think my girls greys are just so cute and add to her overall look in a I just want to kiss and hug her all the time kind of way!

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 11/11/2009, 7:45 pm

I love happy endings like that, especially when it involves seniors. Senior Adoptions 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 11/11/2009, 7:52 pm

Wonderful 'happy endings'! Senior Adoptions 27965 Seniors so need their own home, even for the possibly short time they have left. It is good to read people understand this.

Senior Adoptions 335895
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilos Mom 11/11/2009, 8:11 pm

I'm tell you what to be able to move (2) within days of each other I've been floating (lol) I tell people all the time just how special it is to have a senior or many (lol) they need us so much more and are just so grateful.
Lilos Mom
Lilos Mom

Number of posts : 714

Back to top Go down

Post  We're Here 11/12/2009, 10:03 am

Having greedily consumed breakfast, two of the most senior (15.5) Princess and (15plus) Mishka are sound asleep on the blanket by my desk, hogging all the space and defending it with what teeth they have. Always glad when more seniors are adopted.

We're Here

Number of posts : 893

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 11/14/2009, 11:24 pm

I love, love, love the senior pug who I adopted. His papers said he was 13 and now he would be 14. There is just one problem...............I can no longer foster any more seniors.
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down