Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlotte/Mass cell cancer

+12
rachi
LisaIzzyAggy
Rebecca and the Pugs
Pugsaunt
GingerSnap
CSollers
pugmom
Brenda
donnag
Aussie Witch
Pugsavers
couchpugs
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Charlotte/Mass cell cancer Empty Charlotte/Mass cell cancer

Post  couchpugs 3/6/2013, 6:42 pm

Hi all,

It has been an eternity since I have stopped by here. Sorry the CFPR rescue pugs have been keeping me extremely busy these last few years. I miss stopping in to see how everyone is doing.

Anyway I am shamelessly posting here to ask for some help for MY Charlotte. She has a mass cell tumor on her ear which has grown wild. We are holding an auction on the B4 -Barktasitc Four auction site on Facebook. Please visit their site and like them.

If you haven't heard of this site before, these ladies put together auctions for mainly pugs in need. from surgeries, illness or just general rescue fundraising.
please help Charlotte get her treatment by visiting their site and bid on something. (It's more than just pug stuff too.)
Here are the links to Charlotte's auction. If you don't want bid on anything there is a donation tab as well.

THANKS SO MUCH PUG FRIENDS!!
♥ Charlotte Auction OPEN! Mast Cell Tumor ♥ 3/5-3/12 PAY 3/15
How our auctions work: go to this link here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.331942353572036.58918.267314416701497&type=3***
click thru the pictures
TOPICS - how to DOANTE, BID, PAY, SHIP, HELP....so on
Charlotte's cancer fund below:
http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/10473
couchpugs
couchpugs

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Charlotte/Mass cell cancer Empty Re: Charlotte/Mass cell cancer

Post  Pugsavers 3/6/2013, 7:15 pm

I am sorry to hear about the MCT. Are you planning on doing chemo or just surgery?
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  couchpugs 3/6/2013, 8:57 pm

it grew so fast!! we are doing chemo right now. 1 pill a day (KINAVET) for 7 days then we will recheck Mon. What I really want to do is the I THERM treatment but this is $3,000!! LESS invasive then the chemo and surgery. We may do some of that after the chemo treatment. So far she is tolerating it very well. Of coarse I have her on WEI QI and Stasis Breakers which build up her immune system. I also am applying THIEVES OIL on her ear as well.

If you want to see a pic (BE WARE IT IS UGLY!)go to the FB auction page.
couchpugs
couchpugs

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 3/6/2013, 9:15 pm

Sadly I have seen a lot of MCT in pugs, but the "good" news is that it is usually not as life threatening as it is in other breeds like Boxers and BT's. We had a good outcome with a pug that went from 3 to 30 in less than a month...did it through UCD...it was a once a month in-clinic and then an at home thing where you had to bag up the radioactive poop. He did great and had another 4 years of great life ahead of him. One of the vets here was doing research on pugs with MCT...Iain Grant, but he is now back in the UK. There was a woman vet at the Vet School in Ohio that was doing a lot of work on it too. I wish you lots of luck!
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 3/6/2013, 11:30 pm

I'm so sorry Wendi! The very best of luck with the auction. I hope you make enough to cover everything.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  donnag 3/9/2013, 10:40 am

I saw the pics on FB, I've got my eye on a few things for the auction. Hope you are able to raise the money.
donnag
donnag

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 3/9/2013, 11:10 am

I am curious, why is she going thru chemo etc? Is this her first one? All the rescues we've had that have had MCT we just get them removed. Just wondering.....
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  couchpugs 3/9/2013, 7:24 pm

Brenda,

because I AM STUPID!! I guess I have been paying more attention to the fosters than my own guys ......she had this little bump on her ear for ever and ever.... never thought about .. seriously .... EVEN with all the rescue pugs and others that had MCT it NEVER crossed my mind that that bump would be MCT.. not until the first of the year when her ear became swollen did I think anything of it... we started her on the prednisone and benadryl but it really wasn't working .. it was very fast growing even more so after we took the biopsy it became REALLY ANGRY so we stated the KINAVET. She is doing very well on it so far. today (Sat.)is day 6 I think I am seeing a slight change in the color and it hasn't grown any more so this is encouraging. I really want to do the I therm therapy as it is not so invasive as the chemo. But I need to raise money.
couchpugs
couchpugs

Back to top Go down

Post  couchpugs 3/9/2013, 7:28 pm

hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know we have added lots more items to the auction if you care to look... thanks so much with helping me get Charlotte back to good health again.
couchpugs
couchpugs

Back to top Go down

Post  couchpugs 3/17/2013, 9:23 pm

Just a short up date on Charlotte.
The auction raised enough money to begin her therapy this TUES!!! yeah.. thanks to those that participated it in. I will let you know how she is doing from time to time...
thanks for all your support and prayers for her.
couchpugs
couchpugs

Back to top Go down

Post  couchpugs 4/24/2013, 9:50 pm

Hi all,

It's been about a month since I have had the time to post. Well Charlotte has finished her Therapy. The tumor has "walled" it's self off and probably next week she will have surgery to remove the remainder of it. She still is going to loose most if not all of her ear, but the cancer has been contained and shouldn't spread. YEAH!! Keep her in your puggy prayers .

thanks,

Wendi
couchpugs
couchpugs

Back to top Go down

Post  donnag 4/24/2013, 10:21 pm

I'm sorry to hear she will be losing her ear, hopefully that will be the end of it and she will continue onto better days.
donnag
donnag

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 4/25/2013, 9:30 pm

I am happy that Charlotte will be getting her surgery. Wishing her a successful surgery and uneventful recovery.
My grand pug Pepper had a tiny lump just a bit below her ear and all of a sudden it grew very fast. The vet put her on something, I forget what, for 10 days and then she had surgery. They were surprised at how huge the lump was and it got very close to her ear. It did turn out to be cancerous but her vet was quite sure that he got it all. That was about six months ago and so far so good. My son has to keep ckecking her over for any type of lump.

The funny thing is that Pepper is black and starting to turn gray. Where the fur was shaved off has all grown back but is light gray. Pepper is a rescue pug. My son has had her for five years and she is now eleven.
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  couchpugs 4/30/2013, 5:00 pm

Thanks all, Charlotte will be going in on Thurs. PLEASE keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

I will try to remember to post an update.
couchpugs
couchpugs

Back to top Go down

Post  CSollers 5/1/2013, 7:30 pm

Positive thoughts of healing coming for Charlotte.
CSollers
CSollers

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post  couchpugs 5/9/2013, 9:25 pm

Charlotte/Mass cell cancer 253388_4427694704463_913092251_n

here is Charlotte post op 1 week now. She is back to her old self of woo hoo ing and licking my entire bed before I get in it. Biopsy still had some suspicious cells in one site bbut Doc and I have decided NOT to do anymore with her. She will continue with a monthly I THERM treatment ( which boosts the immune system) and stay on the Chinese herbs for strength. She has her stitches out on Monday.
couchpugs
couchpugs

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerSnap 5/9/2013, 10:15 pm

Thanks for the update. She's so beautiful!
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 5/10/2013, 3:52 pm

She is lovely. Good thoughts and pug hugs to both of you.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  couchpugs 8/7/2013, 8:55 pm

Hey all, I tearfully write this message to you all. I let Charlotte walk over the rainbow bridge last Wed. It has been very hard for me. She deteriorated almost over night last Tues. We knew we didn't get good clean margins from the one in her ear. The vet really didn't think it would attack again with such a vengeance. She had 2 tumors under her neck that eventually grew to be as large or larger than the original one. she also had little ones popping up around her body. I believe it was in her lymph nodes so there was no stopping it. I just couldn't put her through any more surgeries. She put up a good fight.I could tell she was in pain and she began to hide again. Here is one of the last pictures I took of her just before we went for the car ride to the vet. She is now happy and cancer free running with Chino and all the other puggy friends we have up there.

Thank you all for the prayers and hugs through the last 6+ months.

Charlotte/Mass cell cancer 1097951_387999074633030_476925215_n
couchpugs
couchpugs

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 8/7/2013, 11:22 pm

For Charlotte-LoveRock
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 8/8/2013, 3:22 pm

LoveRock I'll say a prayer for Charlotte tonight.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 8/8/2013, 3:36 pm

I'm so sorry Wendi. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
RIP Charlotte. candle
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  rachi 8/9/2013, 11:24 am

I'm so sorry Wendi, even when it is the right decision, it is still hard.  Bless you for loving and taking care of her right to the end, how lucky you both were to share your lives together.  Charlotte knew how much you loved her. 

Run free sweet Charlotte.

Last edited by rachi on 8/20/2013, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
rachi
rachi

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 8/9/2013, 11:35 am

I'm very sorry to hear about Charlotte.  She is OK now, but I will say a prayer for you.  I'm sure your heart is hurting.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 8/9/2013, 6:48 pm

I'm so sorry, Wendi.  I will say prayers for Charlotte.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next