Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlotte/Mass cell cancer

+12
rachi
LisaIzzyAggy
Rebecca and the Pugs
Pugsaunt
GingerSnap
CSollers
pugmom
Brenda
donnag
Aussie Witch
Pugsavers
couchpugs
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Charlotte/Mass cell cancer - Page 2 Empty Re: Charlotte/Mass cell cancer

Post  akc0104 8/11/2013, 4:35 am

((hugs))  I am so sorry.
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom 8/11/2013, 5:36 pm

Wendi sending hugs and prayers for you.  I know you are missing Charlotte.  She is now happy and cancer free and know how much  she was loved by you.  You gave her your best when you let her go.........
pugmom
pugmom

Number of posts : 956

Back to top Go down

Post  puglover22 8/12/2013, 1:26 pm

I am so very sorry!  I sure wasn't expecting that, as I'm sure you weren't either......
hugs to you.....
puglover22
puglover22

Number of posts : 608

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 8/12/2013, 2:06 pm

I am so, so sorry. Know that you did everything for the sweet girl that you could. She was so loved and that is what every pug deserves. She is now healthy and waiting for you at the Bridge. Hugs to you.
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Charlotte/Mass cell cancer - Page 2 Empty mast cells

Post  wendy.delly.5 11/8/2013, 1:55 pm

Hi, just saw this now as I am new to the site. I lost PB to mast cell tumors, I think that vet was anti rescue dogs, especially old ones, .."why waste money, there are so many healthy dogs out there", and "you have other pugs, what's losing one?" PB was a ten year old rescue, blind, and one of the sweetest pugs I had! My current vet treats mast cell tumors (small ones) with diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and it completely stops the growth and no new ones appear. This is especially good for my elderly pugs that might not tolerate surgery.

wendy.delly.5

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  couchpugs 11/25/2013, 10:35 pm

wendy,

Yes our vet does the same mixed with low dose of pred. Charlotte's mass was huge on her ear. They couldn't get clear margins when they removed her ear. so it eventually went into her her lymph system. 

Weird thing just happened. After Charlotte passed, one of the families who had gotten one of Charlotte's puppies called and needed to to return her to me. SO of coarse i took her back.. I just had a grade 2 mass cell removed off her chest this past week. They got good clean margins with this so we will just watch her. if anything arises, we will probably do the benadryl and pred therapy. I know it has worked really well on a couple of our dogs in foster.
couchpugs
couchpugs

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2