Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Hannah (or Kimchi as Chris prefers to call her)

+19
Miss Pugg
Pugsaunt
papaspugs
MommaJones
monkeypigs4eva
smoochieface
Maryjo
TxAllieGrl
MackandMattiesMom
Amber
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Brenda
Pugs4me
ayleash
pugsandkids
Aussie Witch
Saira
sallyandtilly
Not Afraid
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Introducing Hannah (or Kimchi as Chris prefers to call her) Empty Introducing Hannah (or Kimchi as Chris prefers to call her)

Post  Not Afraid 7/28/2009, 11:43 pm

This is my temporary foster, Hannah. (Who Chris insists in calling Kimchi.)

Introducing Hannah (or Kimchi as Chris prefers to call her) 3768029032_d2c3dcfc7d

She flew in from South Korea today with another pug and a terrier mix. They all arrived in excellent shape after flying in a temperature-controlled cargo area of Asiana Air. The other two dogs went to their forever homes. Hannah is going to stay with me for a while until she find her forever home and while she recuperates from her LP Surgery. She is probably 3 years old and has had at least one litter of puppies (probably more). I suspect she was a puppy mill dog that raised dogs for meat.

The first thing she did (after going potty - ahhhhhhhh) was roll around in the ivy. FREEDOM!

Introducing Hannah (or Kimchi as Chris prefers to call her) 3768028544_4a00964bf8
Introducing Hannah (or Kimchi as Chris prefers to call her) 3768028280_8757d384cb

We then got in the car and drove to the vet for a check-up.
Introducing Hannah (or Kimchi as Chris prefers to call her) 3768029310_667021d120

She has a slight ear infection and I need to do some PT on her LP leg to help her heal better. Otherwise, she's in decent shape - all 14 pounds of her. Her fur is much more coarse than Thurston's and she is a bit on the thin side but a couple of weeks of Auntie Lisa's Raw Food Extravaganza should fix that!

The one thing I did notice about her tonight is that she doesn't seem to have a voice. She both makes barking and howling motions but very little sound comes out. I'm not sure what's going on there and I fear she has had her bark removed. (Although, instead of barking noises she was making "barking spider" noises which made me laugh so hard I almost choked).

The cats are all completely fine with her (weird) and Thurston thinks her butt smells good. Rolling Eyes

I'll take more pics tomorrow.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Introducing Hannah (or Kimchi as Chris prefers to call her) Empty Re: Introducing Hannah (or Kimchi as Chris prefers to call her)

Post  sallyandtilly 7/28/2009, 11:46 pm

She's cute, but I'm wondering if she understands English?
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Introducing Hannah (or Kimchi as Chris prefers to call her) Empty Re: Introducing Hannah (or Kimchi as Chris prefers to call her)

Post  Saira 7/28/2009, 11:53 pm

Man, she is the cutest thing. That is strange about her bark! I am so glad she is safe!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 7/28/2009, 11:54 pm

sallyandtilly wrote:She's cute, but I'm wondering if she understands English?
Chris is, at this very moment, trying to learn Korean dog commands from the internet. Laughing
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 7/29/2009, 12:49 am

I just received confirmation that she was de-barked in Korea. :(
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 7/29/2009, 12:57 am

Oh Lisa, she is ADORABLE!! Please tell me how she came to be sent to the U.S.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 7/29/2009, 1:01 am

Aussie Witch wrote:Oh Lisa, she is ADORABLE!! Please tell me how she came to be sent to the U.S.

The rescue I am fostering for works with South Korean Rescue where they rescue dogs from dog farms where they are raised for meat.

From their website:

Our partner rescue in South Korea works tirelessly to save dogs from dog farms where they are raised like cattle and slaughtered for their meat.
Amongst the South Korean population that does not eat dog meat a growing segment of proactive supporters has been fighting for animal rights; fighting to bring about the long overdue realization that eating dog meat, a Korean tradition born during times of life-or-death, is now unneccesary and its continued practice is inhumane.

I'm not sure of Hannah's back story other than the fact that she has had at least one litter and had recently undergone LP surgery in SK with the rescue there.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  pugsandkids 7/29/2009, 1:26 am

Awww, welcome to a better place Hannah!
If I had the option I'd adopt her, such a journey for a little thing.
Any info as to why they breed "purebred" dogs for meat? Or is it a dual, puppy/meat venture?
pugsandkids
pugsandkids

Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  ayleash 7/29/2009, 6:15 am

lucky kimchi. Thank you. And thurston tells us, "different" - I think her butt smells DIFFERENT.. and I have to keep checking it! (we suspect)...

Suspect
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugs4me 7/29/2009, 8:47 am

She's cute. I'm so glad she made her way to you and is safe now. How sad that she was debarked.
Pugs4me
Pugs4me

Number of posts : 405

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 7/29/2009, 9:05 am

She is adorable with a capital A!! Love how she rolled around in the ivy. I can't believe she was debarked! How sad. But that also makes me wonder if she was really raised for meat, why debark a dog you're going to kill? She was probably being bred so her puppies could be sold for meat. Gosh how horrible to even have to think that!
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 7/29/2009, 9:19 am

I'm so glad she is with you and in a better place now.
With some good food and TLC, she'll be in tip top shape in no time!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 7/29/2009, 10:04 am

Brenda wrote:She is adorable with a capital A!! Love how she rolled around in the ivy. I can't believe she was debarked! How sad. But that also makes me wonder if she was really raised for meat, why debark a dog you're going to kill? She was probably being bred so her puppies could be sold for meat. Gosh how horrible to even have to think that!

Who knows what her real story is. I know she was rescued first, then placed in a home in Korea where she stayed for about a year. That's where they de-barked her (a common practice, apparently). The new family decided they didn't want her anymore and that's how she ended up back in rescue and coming to the US. I wish she could talk. Poor thing can't even bark.

She's a little climber! I'm going to have to watch this one. She's been under my dresser, on top of my dresser, on top of some boxes from Chris' closet - and that's just being sequestered in the bedroom with a baby gate! At the moment, she wants my coffee. 🇳🇴 She got me up early (6 am). I guess she had jet lag. blah I'm going to have jet lag soon.

At the moment, she's "barking" and "howling" at the pug in the mirror. Last night on our walk, she decided the fire hydrant was evil. It is very interesting to have a dog that has a whole new set of oddities.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 7/29/2009, 10:11 am

That poor sweet girl, what a journey she has had. Thank you so much for fostering her and seeing that she lives the good life from now on!! Hug
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 7/29/2009, 10:27 am

She's beautiful. I'm so thankful that she's safe now and discovering a whole new loving world. hug dog
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 7/29/2009, 12:37 pm

Not Afraid wrote:
She's a little climber! I'm going to have to watch this one. She's been under my dresser, on top of my dresser, on top of some boxes from Chris' closet - and that's just being sequestered in the bedroom with a baby gate! At the moment, she wants my coffee. 🇳🇴 She got me up early (6 am). I guess she had jet lag. blah I'm going to have jet lag soon.

At the moment, she's "barking" and "howling" at the pug in the mirror. Last night on our walk, she decided the fire hydrant was evil. It is very interesting to have a dog that has a whole new set of oddities.

Ohhh she sounds freaking adorable. I have a weakness for those naughty little monkeys, bet her and Sophie would cause a national disaster together. Very Happy
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 7/29/2009, 12:59 pm

Lisa - I'm so glad she's in your care now. Bless her naughty little self!!

I can't wait to see how she thrives with you, and will hope that rescue can find the perfect home for her!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 7/29/2009, 1:06 pm

This picture says it all:
Introducing Hannah (or Kimchi as Chris prefers to call her) 3768028544_4a00964bf8

What a happy girl! Thank gawd they got her out of there!
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 7/29/2009, 1:13 pm

Saira wrote:
Not Afraid wrote:

Ohhh she sounds freaking adorable. I have a weakness for those naughty little monkeys, bet her and Sophie would cause a national disaster together. Very Happy

Oh, the thought of her and Sophie together makes my head spin!
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 7/29/2009, 1:32 pm

Sleeping angel (look at how pokey her fur is):

Introducing Hannah (or Kimchi as Chris prefers to call her) 3769717028_43d7303e0f

Pretty gray for a 3 year old, but nice head tilt:

Introducing Hannah (or Kimchi as Chris prefers to call her) 3768921239_ab7324f0a0
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/29/2009, 1:48 pm

Not Afraid wrote:
sallyandtilly wrote:She's cute, but I'm wondering if she understands English?
Chris is, at this very moment, trying to learn Korean dog commands from the internet. Laughing

That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard! Little Kimchi is just freakin adorable!!!!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 7/29/2009, 2:44 pm

She's a sweet thing! I think the name Kimchi is pretty darn funny, from a foodie point of view. And poor thing is debarked? Awful.
Many hugs for both of you; you're an angel! hug dog
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 7/29/2009, 3:45 pm

Oh Lisa! She's adorable!!! How lucky that she ended up with you! I hope she finds a wonderful, loving forever home soon. It breaks my heart to think of her being de-barked. Mr. Toby Love drives me insane with his barky-bark some days, but what a horrible thing to do. Please, please give us more pictures!! Also, my fave is where she's rolling in the ivy sticking her tongue out! ❤
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 7/29/2009, 7:46 pm

All I can say is thank God she is with you now!!!!
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 7/29/2009, 7:48 pm

She is adorable! She is in a safe place now, and I can only imagine how strange everything is to her. So sad that she was debarked. I agree, Penny can be Miss Barky-Bark and drive me nuts, nevertheless, I'd rather hear her barking than not. Hugs to you and to Kimchee.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next