Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More surgery for Kimchi?

+7
Pugsaunt
Aussie Witch
papaspugs
dieselsmom
Eph91
MackandMattiesMom
Not Afraid
11 posters

Go down

More surgery for Kimchi? Empty More surgery for Kimchi?

Post  Not Afraid 8/20/2009, 7:05 pm

I was hoping we would be able to avoid this, and there's a chance we still may (but unlikely). Kimchi had LP surgery in Korea and has recovered from that pretty well, but she has another issue with the same leg that was probably caused by having LP for so long. It seems she has a torn cruciate ligament. I saw the xrays today and they don't look good. This is also effecting her hips in a big way. We're going to have a consult with a surgeon next week and see what he thinks.

Rescue is going to cover some of the cost, but, if we are going to adopt her (yes, I'm still saying IF) then I would really like to cover part of this expense. I also would LOVE to take her to the surgeon who did Thurston's LP surgery - but they are SUPER expensive and don't give discounts to rescue. Thurston's LP was about $2400 which is about $1000 more than the first estimate. But, the doctor was great and is a pug owner herself. It's always something with these poor little rescues, isn't it? It's a GOOD thing she's cute! Wink

So, this is how dumb I am at times.....the doctor talked on and on and about crucuate, etc. etc. I had never heard of that. When I got home I look it up. OOOOOHHHHHHHH! Anterior Cruciate Ligament is ACL. D'oh.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

More surgery for Kimchi? Empty Re: More surgery for Kimchi?

Post  MackandMattiesMom 8/20/2009, 7:12 pm

Poor girl. She's been through so much. These little guys sure have a lot of resiliency. Looks like she's going to be with you long term if she has the surgery, so you might as well just give in. Very Happy
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 8/20/2009, 7:14 pm

MackandMattiesMom wrote:Poor girl. She's been through so much. These little guys sure have a lot of resiliency. Looks like she's going to be with you long term if she has the surgery, so you might as well just give in. Very Happy

Fate is after me, isn't it? Very Happy
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 8/20/2009, 7:24 pm

I'm sorry to read that she's facing more surgery. She sure is a lucky girl, though, to be with you and getting such great care.
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 8/20/2009, 7:44 pm

I'm sorry that Kimchi may need more surgery. Recovery after ACL surgery, if I understand it correctly, is a lot longer than LP surgery recovery. I hope Kimchi is ok with kennels.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 8/20/2009, 8:36 pm

Are there any non-surgery options? Hopefully she won't have to go through another procedure, but I am sure you'll take good care of her if she does. When will you know something?
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 8/20/2009, 8:55 pm

Damn. Poor little mite. At least she's gonna be as good as new by the time you're through.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 8/20/2009, 9:19 pm

papaspugs wrote:Are there any non-surgery options? Hopefully she won't have to go through another procedure, but I am sure you'll take good care of her if she does. When will you know something?

The surgeon will look at the xrays and do an exam next week.

I have no idea how she'll be in a crate for a long period of time. Poor thing.

The good news about having surgery is that I'll have her dental done at the same time (and it needs to be done).
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 8/20/2009, 9:50 pm

Poor little Kimchi - nevertheless, she couldn't possibly be in a better place. Now admit it, the IF is for show. She's staying. hug dog
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  pugsandkids 8/20/2009, 9:51 pm

Darn these little money suckers!
I hope that the visit next week goes well. After all, this when you officially adopt her, she'll be almost like a brand new model Laughing
pugsandkids
pugsandkids

Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Imon 8/21/2009, 8:07 am

I'm sorry that Kimchi has this to look forward to, poor little thing.

Thank goodness you're there for her; and it does look like she's moving in to stay, doesn't it? Sometimes there's just no arguing with fate. Laughing

Fingers crossed that there might be some non-surgical things to try.
Imon
Imon

Number of posts : 1898

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 8/21/2009, 9:30 am

Poor girl. Hopefully the surgeon will have more info next week, but as you said, at least she'll get her dental done too!
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 8/21/2009, 9:36 am

I hope you hear better news next week. But Kimchi is lucky to have landed in such wonderful "foster" home.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down