Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk about stupid.

+9
Snifter&Toddy
Aussie Witch
Brenda
smoochieface
Pugs4me
Saira
MommaJones
MackandMattiesMom
northernwitch
13 posters

Go down

Talk about stupid. Empty Talk about stupid.

Post  northernwitch 8/1/2009, 1:20 pm

Honestly, how can my husband
have lived with me and dogs for 22 years and not have learned a single
thing? The shih tzu nailed him a good one in the face. Guess
why--the dumb bunny put his face right up to Theo's face for a
"snuggle". How dumb can you be? The dog is deaf, mostly
blind and every time someone has come near his face in the last couple of weeks,
it's been to do something painful, unpleasant or restrain him. AND he was
hot and panting a bit and it was night and he's tired. AND Gordon has a beard
which I'm sure felt like maybe it was an animal getting in his face or his
beard was poking Theo. Or maybe Theo is just a cranky old man who really
isn't interested in having humans smush their faces into his. Frankly, I
think most dogs would prefer if we kept our faces out of their faces.
It's a testament to their tolerance that we don't get bitten multiple times a
day.

Some days I just shake my head......
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Talk about stupid. Empty Re: Talk about stupid.

Post  northernwitch 8/1/2009, 1:31 pm

Hmmm. My font seems to have gotten smaller for some reason.....

Nope--now it's fixed itself.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 8/1/2009, 1:39 pm

Wow. I have no explanation. Shocked
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 8/1/2009, 1:46 pm

MackandMattiesMom wrote:Wow. I have no explanation. Shocked
Testosterone poisoning......Advanced stage
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 8/1/2009, 1:46 pm

Oh dear. Hope the bite wasn't too bad.

Alex got a taste of that from Toby last week. He came up on him from behind and plopped right down next to him. Toby whipped around and snapped at him. He left two long scratches from his teeth on Alex's ribs and tore the t-shirt he was wearing. I've been telling Alex over and over to move slowly and make plenty of noise when approaching Toby. His sight continues to get worse and his arthritis was really bothering him last week. Toby could have easily bitten his face and done some damage. I made Alex understand what could happen. He's been a lot more careful since then.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 8/1/2009, 3:08 pm

Uhoh, I hope it's not too bad. Err maybe now he's learned his lesson? Shocked
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugs4me 8/1/2009, 4:43 pm

I sympathize with you Blanche. It doesn't matter how many times I tell my husband not to give Peyton anything to eat without crating Leo, he still does it. Leo wouldn't go after Peyton or her food but if one of the other pugs got near her while he was guarding, we'd have a pug fight. I hope your husbands bite wasn't too bad.
Pugs4me
Pugs4me

Number of posts : 405

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 8/1/2009, 4:43 pm

I've got nothing for you, Blanche. I'm married to the guy who stuck his fingers in Leo's mouth while he was chewing a bone and then complained when Leo bit him. And when I asked him why he would do something like that, his answer was, "I dunno."
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 8/1/2009, 6:11 pm

Ouch! I hope his bite isn't too bad.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 8/1/2009, 6:16 pm

As to the severity of the bite, let's just say he's lucky it was a shin tzu and not a mastiff. He has four punctures on his cheek.

I NEVER put my face into the face of any dog I don't know really, really well and even then I'm cautious. And a blind/deaf dog--it's just asking for a bite.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 8/1/2009, 7:22 pm

With men's brains statistically larger than ours, it just goes to show that use a MUCH smaller percentage of grey matter than we do. As you say Blanche, glad it wasn't a mastiff...
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 8/2/2009, 4:13 am

Oh Lordy. What can I say?
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 8/2/2009, 2:25 pm

I had almost stopped laughing at this and then I read it again...oh Saira, thanks for the giggle! Men, learning their lessons cookoo ??? Ahh-ha, funny stuff!

Saira wrote:Err maybe now he's learned his lesson? Shocked
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 8/3/2009, 1:07 pm

Poor Gordon.. Ya think he'd learn by now, heh? I'm just finding this, so I hope he's feeling better... give both of them a hug (and Gordon an extra spank) from me.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 8/3/2009, 2:19 pm

He's fine--we cleaned the bites thoroughly and put antibiotic ointment on them. they were fine within a couple of hours. He's still madly in love with the shih tzu, thankfully--since he's likely here for a long time if not forever.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 8/4/2009, 9:24 am

Tell him he can come over anytime and stick his face in Odins face, he loves it. It's attention, any attention is good for Odin. He may only sustain a big wet sloppy kiss!
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 8/4/2009, 11:52 am

TNPUGMOMOF3 wrote:Tell him he can come over anytime and stick his face in Odins face, he loves it. It's attention, any attention is good for Odin. He may only sustain a big wet sloppy kiss!
LOL--I should have used another breed! In my experience, most mastiffs are pretty happy to have the chance to wash your face. There's a mastiff in the local dog park who makes it a point to share his drool with me at every opportunity.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 8/4/2009, 12:58 pm

northernwitch wrote:
TNPUGMOMOF3 wrote:Tell him he can come over anytime and stick his face in Odins face, he loves it. It's attention, any attention is good for Odin. He may only sustain a big wet sloppy kiss!
LOL--I should have used another breed! In my experience, most mastiffs are pretty happy to have the chance to wash your face. There's a mastiff in the local dog park who makes it a point to share his drool with me at every opportunity.

Yes, Odin loves to share in the drool!!! I always wonder if there is another use for it for which I could make some money!!! I doubt it.
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 8/4/2009, 2:24 pm

TNPUGMOMOF3 wrote:
northernwitch wrote:

Yes, Odin loves to share in the drool!!! I always wonder if there is another use for it for which I could make some money!!! I doubt it.
One of the very few things that will make me gag is watching my pugs eat the drool that drops off of Guinness's face. Just makes me ill--I can't even watch it.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  We're Here 8/4/2009, 11:01 pm

Years ago there was a Shih Tzu on the place. It came from a shelter who did its best. But the small animal was vicious, filthy and unplaceable. It was so mean, and so focused on blood letting that to capture it the pound master dropped a noose on its neck and lifted the maddened dog from the concrete run like a perch on a pole. I said I would take it if he could get it in my truck. The dog hated its life, the pound, the noose, me and the truck. Fifty dollars later we were on our way, the dirty Shih Tzu lunging and snapping at every opportunity. Nothing slowed it down. It drew blood once, twice, three times or more that night. It's owner wanted it returned to the pound, but couldn't catch it long enough to cage it. By morning, having made its point, the Shih Tzu joined the breakfast line, balancing its tray in its forepaws and passing the time of day at the table. It lived a long and productive life, but only on its own terms. When it passed, we dug a deep hole not far from the hybrid irises--Hammer, who would enrich the prairie sod in later years, was so fascinated by what we were doing, that he fell into the open grave and had to be lifted out.

We're Here

Number of posts : 893

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down