Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lola is becoming a little B word

2 posters

Go down

Lola is becoming a little B word Empty Lola is becoming a little B word

Post  DeeAnn 8/25/2009, 9:48 am

Oh I need a little advice on this one..Lola as you know I have had for over 6 months now and she just turned 2 on the 7th of this month..She is the perfect little girl (in my eyes).We live with my parents who had 4 pugs.My parents Rosie is an Alpha.Lola the past week has been gettting very bitchy with her and the others.Lola will go up to her and want to start a fight she will bite at her and growl and Rosie (wrong thing to do with Rosie).Well yesterday I thought they were going to get into it big time.My son picked up Rosie so they would not fight Lola was jumping on my son trying to attack Rosie.OMG I could not belive it.My mom got out the squirt bottle and was telling Lola no and squirting her she would not stop.Also sometimes if my son or even me go to pick up Lola and she doesnt want to be picked up she will growl and snap.Sunday I picked her up and she was growling and snapping at me I told her NO NO I am the boss not you I held her and kept telling her NO and would not put her down till she calmed down.She did calm down after a few minutes but gosh she is just being a little B-word.I keep telling her No and get on her when she acts up.The squirt bottle doesnt help she can be all wet and still does the same thing.My mom said just keep doing it and she will learn.I dont want her and Rosie to get into it because it will be a big vet bill and I dont want any of them hurt.So any other advice on how to stop my Lola from being so agressive?I am just shocked she is becoming this way.OH then I will get her nasty stink eye and she wont look at me LOL...
thanks
DeeAnn
DeeAnn

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Lola is becoming a little B word Empty Re: Lola is becoming a little B word

Post  Not Afraid 8/25/2009, 10:20 am

If the squirt bottle doesn't work, try making a loud noise to distract her. A can filled with a few pennies might o the trick.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  DeeAnn 8/25/2009, 10:36 am

Not Afraid wrote:If the squirt bottle doesn't work, try making a loud noise to distract her. A can filled with a few pennies might o the trick.
Good idea.I also was thinking when she tries to bite me or the kids I will put her in her crate she doesnt ever use it.So she will have a little time out..Not sure I just dont want her to be mean and try to break her of being an alpha.
DeeAnn
DeeAnn

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 8/25/2009, 12:11 pm

I'm not a fan of using the crate as a punishment device but if she doesn't use it as her home, then it might be different. I'm not sure you can "break" a dog from being an Alpha other than to extablish that YOU are in fact the Alpha. It took Kimchi and Thurston a while to work this out. Kimchi was always trying to dominate Thurston and one day Thurston just hauled off and bit her on the side. Not a hard bit, but definitely a warning bite. Dogs tend to work it out over time and Lola has had quite a few changes in her life lately. I know Thurston acts out when he has lots of changes going on. It should calm down in time with a bit of direction from you.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down