Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lola's Vet Visit

4 posters

Go down

Lola's Vet Visit Empty Lola's Vet Visit

Post  lola's mom 3/6/2010, 2:39 pm

Hello. I am so relieved. The Vet said there must have been something wrong with that tooth and it must have been like that for a long time because the gums were healed when she lost it. So weird right? He said all her other teeth look great and there is no plaque on them and he even showed me. Well one tooth had a tiny bit but he said he can't see doing a dental for that and if she could sit still he could pull it right off. He said to keep up whatever I am doing. I can't even believe this and I am so happy about it.

This was a new Vet and I loved him. This is the Vet Curly Tail uses in MA and he is 100% experienced with pugs. There were 3 other pugs and a puggle in there too. He put some cheese whiz on Lola's mouth to distract her when he gave her vaccines. That worked like a charm. Lol.

Now he talked to me about the Lepto shot and I told him I am not a fan and don't plan on getting it. He told me he had the same thoughts as me for years and how he always hated Fort Dodge and felt that not getting it out weighed the danger of getting it. Up until now. He is a fan of Pfizer and they came out with a safer Lepto vaccine and he also said he has seen many Lepto cases in our area and it's pretty much fatal. He also said he just wanted to give me the facts and no pressure at all to get it.

That said, I still don't think I am going to go with it. What are your thoughts? I have to go back and read the Lepto thread.
lola's mom
lola's mom

Number of posts : 785

Back to top Go down

Lola's Vet Visit Empty Re: Lola's Vet Visit

Post  northernwitch 3/6/2010, 2:54 pm

Well, YAY for Lola and you on the tooth end of things.

I'm still very leery of the lepto vaccine and I've never had a vet ever tell me that lepto WASN'T epidemic. I've been hearing that it's rampant for at least 15 years. Still don't get the vaccine and my dogs still don't have it.

My understanding is that lepto is treatable. I suspect that maybe folks don't take the early signs seriously and so their dogs get very ill. I don't know for sure.

Anyway, it's a personal decision. I'm still not going to do it and if my dogs get lepto, then I'll have to live with my mistake.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lola's mom 3/6/2010, 3:40 pm

Yay for Mommy's check book - no dental for now. Lol.

Blanche I am with you and can't see myself giving them lepto. I don't like it one bit.
I guess I have to think about the Lyme vaccine though. This one scares me too. What do you think??
lola's mom
lola's mom

Number of posts : 785

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 3/6/2010, 10:18 pm

that's a huge relief Kerrie!!! I'm glad it was an isolated incident, and not yuck mouth requiring a dental.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 3/7/2010, 3:45 am

I can't help with the Lepto, I am with you 100%, but you like to TRY to give the vet the benefit of the doubt. I would ask what the signs are to watch for and ask about what treatment would be like if she got it.

Yay for no dental, so do you brush her teeth? I was just saying my sweet pea needs her teeth cleaned.
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down