Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liver Shunt info

3 posters

Go down

Liver Shunt info Empty Liver Shunt info

Post  papaspugs 8/31/2009, 6:55 pm

http://www.yorkieangelpatrol.com/livershunt.htm

I wanted to share this link with everyone so that they can save it in their 'favorites' and have it handy. This is to the Yorkie Angel Patrol site that has some extensive information from the University of Tennessee Vet College on liver shunts.

I know someone whose pug was recently dignosed with a liver shunt. I believe that there are rescues in this group who have had pugs who have shunts and other members with pugs who have had them also.
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Liver Shunt info Empty Re: Liver Shunt info

Post  Aussie Witch 8/31/2009, 7:19 pm

Liver shunt pug here and very happy to say it was a complete success and my little Pearl went from an often-sick puppy to an over-the-top healthy and rambunctious adolescent. Luckily hers was an external shunt.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 8/31/2009, 7:35 pm

That's a great site--I used it alot when I had Leila here who had a single, external congenital shunt. Sadly, within 6 months of her surgery she developed multiple acquired shunts and is no longer surgical. However, although the prognosis is 6 months to 2 years, she is still healthy and stinking busy. We will hope that she is a miracle dog who defies the odds and lives long on meds and diet.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down