Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turns out it's a stomach bug--now E is not eating

3 posters

Go down

Turns out it's a stomach bug--now E is not eating Empty Turns out it's a stomach bug--now E is not eating

Post  Eph91 9/12/2009, 3:11 pm

Well, after 3 vet visits (to the vet's office that is 1 hour away, since this started Sunday--actually, it was Wally's eye Sunday, but then something new happened)...

it turns out that both boys have an overgrowth of stomach bacteria. Wally's started Wed. night, so I was up most of the night (before the first day of school!), and we went up to the vet Thursday eve. He was given antibiotics and Friday had a formed poop when I got home from school (although the kitchen was a mess when my mom came to let them out mid-a.m., but that could have been Emmet, as he started to have diarrhea yesterday).
Ugh.

But then, in addition to Emmet, Wally's rear looked like something I've never seen (it looked like a red bubble was coming out of the top of his rear), and he started dropping little turds all over the house. So after some frustrated calls to the vet (receptionists not helpful), I just put them both in the car and went up there again. Got home at 10 p.m.

Emmet got me up several times during the night and is not eating today (maybe due to the antibiotic?) Wally just sort of resolved on his own. Vet said it's likely just from irritation.

I did learn that you can give 1 mg Immodium for 22 lbs. of dog. Both of my boys are 23 lbs., so that's 1/2 of a human Immodium each.

Ugh. Emmet is drinking and peeing today. (I gave him Immodium when we got home last nigth, and again in the middle of the night, when he was having a little diarrhea--not much was coming out, maybe due to the drug.) But he is VERY puny. If he doesn't eat by tomorrow, I'll call the vet. I sure hope he turns the corner, too!

A messy, exhausting start to the school year!
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Turns out it's a stomach bug--now E is not eating Empty Re: Turns out it's a stomach bug--now E is not eating

Post  Pugsaunt 9/12/2009, 3:35 pm

Poor babies, and poor you! Sending positive thoughts that they both get back into the valley of the well, and soon! Turns out it's a stomach bug--now E is not eating 575352
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Turns out it's a stomach bug--now E is not eating Empty Re: Turns out it's a stomach bug--now E is not eating

Post  Eph91 9/12/2009, 4:22 pm

Thanks! E seems to be eating right now (I left the room so I wouldn't distract him), so I think that's a good sign!
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 9/12/2009, 5:23 pm

I'm sorry you are having all that trouble with your kids. I hope they bounce back fast.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down