Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vivian stomach is it indigestion?

2 posters

Go down

Vivian stomach is it indigestion? Empty Vivian stomach is it indigestion?

Post  Guest 3/12/2011, 11:19 am

Every once and a while Vivian has what I call a squeaky stomach, mostly around 4am her stomach starts squeaking, it sounds as though her stomach acids are churning. In the summer she insists on going
outside to lick the grass, she never throws up though and within a few hours it goes away.
This happens maybe once every 2-3 months. I've talked with the vet about it and the only suggestions they had were Tums, since she never gets sick and it does not change anything like her food intake or poops they weren't to concerned.
It happened again this morning, but there is no grass for her to lick so she did not know what to do.
I'm at a loss of how I should deal with this, just keep giving her Tums or what else, any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Vivian stomach is it indigestion? Empty Re: Vivian stomach is it indigestion?

Post  ayleash 3/12/2011, 3:47 pm

captain has this too.. and he likes to lick the grass too... never have figured out the cause.. or his frequency... it's also a SPECIAL grass that is licked... I cannot hurry him along on our walk once he finds a patch of it!
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/12/2011, 6:13 pm

ayleash wrote:captain has this too.. and he likes to lick the grass too... never have figured out the cause.. or his frequency... it's also a SPECIAL grass that is licked... I cannot hurry him along on our walk once he finds a patch of it!

So does it sounds like it is squeaking? its not growling or sounding like its hunger its more of an acid thing. She is totally fine within an hour or less, I just find it odd and am hoping it's nothing more than just an upset stomach.

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 3/12/2011, 11:00 pm

This happens to Buster sometimes too. Definitely a squeaky noise.
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  ayleash 3/13/2011, 12:15 am

I don't think I noticed the sound... but there is a sort of squeak now that you mention it... but I thought it was more "voice" than stomach... i.e. not back in the belly...
ayleash
ayleash

Number of posts : 1496

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down