Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Loss in Pugs

+10
Imon
northernwitch
TNPUGMOMOF3
dieselsmom
akc0104
Maryjo
GracieNEmma
Mel
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Saira
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Weight Loss in Pugs - Page 2 Empty Re: Weight Loss in Pugs

Post  northernwitch 11/3/2009, 5:29 pm

Mel wrote:I got a box of cheerios and Zoe LOVES them. I tried one and not sure I can say the same. Weight Loss in Pugs - Page 2 Suspect

anyway, I was concerned that they have whole grain oats in them. I know wheat isn't good for dogs, but what about oats?
In the Bad grains department, oats are often less allergy inducing than corn, wheat or soy, but I have found that most of my grain intolerant guys don't do well with any of them.

Here are the ingredients for Cheerios and it does contain wheat:
Ingredients: Whole grain oat, modified corn starch, corn starch,
sugar, salt, trisodium phosphate, calcium carbonate, monoglycerides,
tocopherols, wheat starch, annatto, vitamins & minerals: niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin b6), folate, iron.

Contains wheat ingredients.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 11/3/2009, 10:17 pm

ok, so I shouldn't give her cheerios? I need something to feed her when she's standing in the kitchen barking at me. lol doggie treats are so expensive! she gets green beans already in her dinner.
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 11/3/2009, 10:32 pm

Mel wrote:ok, so I shouldn't give her cheerios? I need something to feed her when she's standing in the kitchen barking at me. lol doggie treats are so expensive! she gets green beans already in her dinner.
I actually find the fact that sugar and salt are the third and fourth ingredients (or is it fourth and fifth) worrisome.
I wouldn't feed Cheerios, but I have big time allergy dogs. When I need to get the crew to pipe down, I feed slices of apple, carrots, cucumber, chick peas (I buy the canned ones and wash off the peas).
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss in Pugs - Page 2 Empty keepin pugs weight down

Post  Guest 11/4/2009, 3:44 pm

the way i keep honeys weight down is that i DONT NOT feed her people..only heathly people food like carrots, cut up apples, ect. and we also go on a 1 mile walk every night

i just dont do it for honey but i also do it for myself, to build my lungs up and to also stay in shape

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2