Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My mom's pug Manny

4 posters

Go down

My mom's pug Manny Empty My mom's pug Manny

Post  Newsie96 5/6/2009, 9:25 am

Let me preface this by telling you that he's a brat. He goes on hunger strikes because he knows my parents will break down and serve him rice and chicken.

This week he's been having runny poops. My mom's been giving him rice and chicken and he's still got a tummy ache. I suspect my dad has been adding the kibble back in too quick. (You know my dad, he does what he wants and part of it is his TBI.)

I suggested to my mom that they keep him on the rice and chicken and then slowly add a simple protein food back in. He is on Wellness and they do make the one-protein food. But I told her it needs to be done very slowly, like an 8th of a cup at a time.

Any one else experience this? I also suggested that she call the vet, to touch base.
Newsie96
Newsie96

Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

My mom's pug Manny Empty Re: My mom's pug Manny

Post  Amanda 5/6/2009, 10:31 am

Every once in a while Lucy gets runny poops for no apparent reason. I know not everyone agrees with this but I give her a dose of Pepto Bismol (ok'd with our vet) and it clears her right up. I usually only have to give it to her once. It seems to just be enough to calm down what's going on in her tummy. I'm sure Manny will be fine with just one dose unless he has some kind of bleeding disorder or something as it has aspirin in it.
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverHopper 5/6/2009, 11:54 am

When my babies have runny stool, I give my babies Pepto Bismol too and ok'd by my vet. Now if there's blood in it then it warrants a call to the vet. Do they give any probiotics to him to help with his digestive system? I give mine Forti Flora made by Purina. You can also add yogurt with the active cultures in to help.
ForeverHopper
ForeverHopper

Number of posts : 301

http://www.centralfloridapugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 5/6/2009, 4:21 pm

We've had enough runny poops to have a constant supply of prescription Flagil on hand. If it's more than a couple runny poops, we go straight to rice and Flagil, sometime we also feed the Science Diet I/D for a couple of days if it's really bad. But yes, I agree with mixing the kibble back in slowly, especially if they are not yet back to 100%.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down