Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic)

+25
dieselsmom
Milosmom
Lilos Mom
Miss Pugg
Aussie Witch
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
pugsandkids
Pugsaunt
lindarpugma
PugLady3
Maryjo
Saira
northernwitch
MommaJones
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Not Afraid
akc0104
MackandMattiesMom
smoochieface
Brenda
Javalita
TxAllieGrl
sallyandtilly
Amber
TNPUGMOMOF3
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) Empty New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic)

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 12/21/2009, 4:30 pm

I got an email from my rescue friend Linda who lives in Memphis on Friday morning. She rescues mostly weenie dogs, but she is active and helps with pugs too. She has a couple pugs of her own. She was notified of a pug at a shelter in Brighton, TN at the Tipton Co. Animal Shelter. She could not go and get her, but asked if I could. I told her if I did it would have to be right then as I was going to be out of town on Sat and Sun. There was this tiny little thumbprint pic of this litle girl in the email she sent. She had an injured eye that needed attention. She was brought in as a stray, but because he needed medical attention the shelter will wave the 3 day stray hold. I called to make sure she was still there and that I could get her if I drove out there (2 hr drive). They said she was there and that because of her eye she could go with me. They said they would release her to rescue for no cost if I could provide proof of the non-profit status. I told them I would see if I could get that fax'd to them, but if not I would just pay the whole $50 to bust her out. I asked if there was anything else about her I should know....no she seems healthy other than the eye. Seemed young and very sweet. Likes people...etc... So with a quick couple phone calls to my fabulous SEPRA powers that be....I was able to get that info faxed over to them.

When I got there they took me back to the kennels to see her and when they opened the gate to her pen and she walked out I could tell that eye REALLY needed to come out, but that wasn't the best part..... she is also VERY VERY pregnant!!!! I lost it and asked the stupid shelter people if they thought that maybe when I asked if there was ANYTHING else about her I should know that telling me she was PREGO was MAYBE something that they should have mentioned!!!! I got the "you mean THEY didn't tell you when you called" deal and I said THEY?!??! You mean you!!!! I called here and there are only 3 people working!!! Nevertheless, I was not about to leave this tiny little emaciated girl at the shelter, no matter how FREAKED OUT I was that she was prego... I have been doing rescue for awhile now, but please know I know NOTHING about havin no puppies!!! I asked the little pug to please, as a favor to me, to NOT give birth in my Jeep before we got back to my vet. She agreed, but was not able to keep from a big ole pee and poo on the way back. No problem, no babies, I was thrilled!!! She was in a crate too, so no real mess. So we loaded up and back to Lexington we went. That is the city I work in and where my vet is. He was already on the alert to her eye and was then updated to her additional condition!

Here is newly named foster....Holly.
New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) Holly

She is only 15 lbs and very prego, so I doubt she weighs more than 12-13 lbs. You can see her entire spine and hip bones. She is WAY too tiny to be as prego as she is. After the vet looked her over and he gave her a local and cleaned off that eye with some hydrotherapy, she looked WAY better.and can use the eye lid to open and close the eye. In this pic she was not able to move her eye lids at all. Her eye was literally crusted open. She was very guarded with it and it was so swollen. When the vet was looking at it we also realized it was very infected. It smelled horrible and green ooze came out from behind the eye at the inside corner. She was covered in fleas and had all kinds of intestinal worms.

We discussed her puppies too...we have no idea what kind of puppies they are. Could have been a larger dog since she is pretty big. He thinks she is at least a couple weeks from birth as she has no signs of the milk comming in and temp is normal. She is so thin he is really worried about her being able to have the puppies at all and if she did, would they be ok and could she even take care of them. Also we can't remove the eye if she is prego as she can't be put under for the eye surgery. After lengthy conversation with both the vet and the rescue we've decided that she will have an emergency c-section and we will not have her go through having to birth the puppies. For her safety the vet thinks that it is the best decision and I don't want anything more to happen to her. She will also have the eye removed tomorrow. He wanted to wait for a few days and get her on some antibiotics for the infection in her eye and it has really made a huge difference in the swelling. It has really gone down and no more green ooze! I will get a pic tonight of her eye so you can see the difference.

So please say a little Xmas prayer for Holly tomorrow that her surgeries go well and that she isn't too traumatized by loosing her puppies. I told her she can come home and mother Hanky if she wants too!! I have only had her since Friday, but she is the sweetest girl ever. She loves laying on your lap and wants to sleep in the big bed!!!

Here is another pic I took to show her tummy...
New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) Hollybody
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) Empty Re: New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic)

Post  Amber 12/21/2009, 4:35 pm

Oh Marci!!! That poor sweet girl. I have tears in my eyes from reading her story and seeing that poor eye. Thank you so much for taking her in. You are my hero!!
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) Empty Re: New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic)

Post  sallyandtilly 12/21/2009, 4:36 pm

What a sad story. I hope there is a really good outcome for the sweet little girl.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 12/21/2009, 4:41 pm

holy macaroni. that poor dear girl.

Sending many, many good thoughts that her surgeries go well, and she has a complete recovery.

Give her lots of love from me and my gang.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 12/21/2009, 4:42 pm

Her story and picture pains me. I'm sorry, but after seeing her eye, I'm glad she is going in tomorrow. That must be extremely painful. Saying a little prayer for her.
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 12/21/2009, 5:10 pm

WOW!! I hadn't seen her pictures and wasn't really prepared for that. Poor little mite!! I can't believe how big her belly is. I always feel guilty with the spay/abort issues, but we have to think of Holly's life first and foremost and she needs to be able to heal herself.

Thank you Marci. :)
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 12/21/2009, 5:19 pm

My heart is aching for Holly. I think you guys made absolutely the right decision about the puppies. This little girl has been through enough. Thank you so much for rescuing her from the shelter. Holly is the perfect name for her.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 12/21/2009, 5:22 pm

Poor little baby. I bet she is preggo by a much bigger dog and it would kill her. Thank you SEPRA and Marci for saving her. Sending prayers and love to her. Give her a gentle snuggle from me.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  akc0104 12/21/2009, 5:27 pm

Poor sweet baby. Give her a kiss from me Marci.
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 12/21/2009, 5:30 pm

OH! The poor little girl!!! Her eye looks terrible and she must be in so much pain. I feel bad about the puppies, but who knows what size dog knocked her up. A dog that small would have a really difficult time birthing large pups. I know she will be better in no time and have a much better life. Thank you.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 12/21/2009, 5:32 pm

smoochieface wrote:My heart is aching for Holly. I think you guys made absolutely the right decision about the puppies. This little girl has been through enough. Thank you so much for rescuing her from the shelter. Holly is the perfect name for her.

God I hope so....It goes against everything in my heart, but it's not worth risking her life. It just sucks that she had to get like this and that this decision ever has to be made. She is the sweetest little girl though. She LOVES to eat, big shock and she has figured out that we take potty treats outside with us for when we all go potty...the connection she hasn't quite made yet is that she needs to go potty first...then treat!! She just sits so cute and stares at me....
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 12/21/2009, 5:35 pm

Oh my gosh that poor sweet girl. I can't even imagine what she's been through. Thank you so much for taking her in. I hope with all my heart that her surgeries go well tomorrow, and that her recovery is quick. Please keep us posted on this little sweetheart.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 12/21/2009, 5:38 pm

Oh good grief. I hope someone is rotting in hell over this. Little Holly is adorable. I pray that the surgeries go well for her. I can imagine it was a difficult decision to make, but it sounds like the best thing for Holly. Who knows what kind of babies she has in there. It could very well kill her. Please give an update when you can tomorrow.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 12/21/2009, 5:44 pm

poor little muffin. Hopefully, everything goes well and she can start her new life.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 12/21/2009, 5:50 pm

aww..poor little lady. New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) Icon_cry
thank you for taking her in. my heart goes out to her...awww i just want to hug her bunches! <3

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 12/21/2009, 5:52 pm

That poor baby. I am so glad she is finally safe, you're a pug angel. hug dog
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  akc0104 12/21/2009, 5:54 pm

New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) 335895 Bob just sent a donation for Holly. New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) 335895 Apparently he likes to spend money too.

New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) Icon_wink
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 12/21/2009, 6:14 pm

I am crying at my desk at the sight of poor Holly. She looks like my foster, Kashi, who is also tiny and has been thru a few litters until she came into rescue. That eye must have been hurting like crazy. What is WRONG with people?? New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) 253213

She must have had a guardian angel watching over her to get her noticed by rescue before she popped. An emergency C sounds like the best way for her.

Bless you for picking her up, Marci. let us know if we can donate to her care, and how.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 12/21/2009, 6:24 pm

I am crying too. I was ok with the eye but then I saw how big that poor little thing is & I just lost it. Thank you for helping her, Marci! A tough decision but definitely the right one in this case. I'll be saying prayers for her. New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) 335895
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  lindarpugma 12/21/2009, 6:29 pm

Bless her little heart, how sad. I totally agree with the emergency c-section. She has way too much going on the have to be a mommy and risk losing her life at the same time. I know she will only have good things happen to her from now on.
lindarpugma
lindarpugma

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 12/21/2009, 6:30 pm

Maryjo wrote:I am crying at my desk at the sight of poor Holly. She looks like my foster, Kashi, who is also tiny and has been thru a few litters until she came into rescue. That eye must have been hurting like crazy. What is WRONG with people?? New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) 253213

She must have had a guardian angel watching over her to get her noticed by rescue before she popped. An emergency C sounds like the best way for her.

Bless you for picking her up, Marci. let us know if we can donate to her care, and how.

MJ she reminds me of Chloe, but fawn when we got her. So little. Same eye too....

You can always donate on SEPRA's website and just note it's for Holly since she's not listed yet.
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 12/21/2009, 7:01 pm

Poor little thing! How in the name of all the Buddhas would someone let her get to this state? I'm so glad that she is safe and will be cared for. Bless you, Marci.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  pugsandkids 12/21/2009, 7:36 pm

I feel bad for the puppies too. But poor Miss Holly! If she's that big and no milk yet...papa must have been a big dog. You are doing such a wonderful thing for her Marci. I'll be looking forward to hearing how she progresses after her surgeries. Hugs to you and Holly! New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) 335895
pugsandkids
pugsandkids

Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 12/21/2009, 7:45 pm

Wow, I'm hoping she will be the Christmas miracle baby and make a full recovery. I'm so grateful you got her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lu Ci and Ri Ki 12/21/2009, 8:10 pm

Oh my goodness, this breaks my heart. Thank you so much for rescuing this precious girl. Prayers that her surgeries go well and she makes a complete recovery and finds the perfect forever home she so deserves. Thank you, again. Christmas is a time for miracles.
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
Lu Ci and Ri Ki

Number of posts : 569

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next