Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic)

+25
dieselsmom
Milosmom
Lilos Mom
Miss Pugg
Aussie Witch
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
pugsandkids
Pugsaunt
lindarpugma
PugLady3
Maryjo
Saira
northernwitch
MommaJones
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Not Afraid
akc0104
MackandMattiesMom
smoochieface
Brenda
Javalita
TxAllieGrl
sallyandtilly
Amber
TNPUGMOMOF3
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 Empty Re: New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic)

Post  Aussie Witch 12/21/2009, 9:22 pm

With all the sadness of rescues at the moment (especially this poor little possum) there is one thing that lifts the spirits - they are all going to get another chance at life.

Thanks so much for taking her in Marci. It is absolutely the right decision to end the pregnancy. New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 Empty Holly

Post  Miss Pugg 12/21/2009, 9:27 pm

I hope all good things for Holly and you. Holly is one of my favorite names for dogs. I had a Christmas litter of Min. Schnauzers many, many years ago and the one we kept until her death was HOLLY, a precious pooch. I do hope this Holly lands in a forever home without the burden of those huge pups. I am completely for a c section to help this little mite. So tiny herself but so terribly huge with pups.
Miss Pugg
Miss Pugg

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 Empty Re: New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic)

Post  Lilos Mom 12/21/2009, 10:00 pm

Bless you Marci for going and getting her. What a fitting name for this sweet girl.
I just don't understand people, I really don't
Lilos Mom
Lilos Mom

Number of posts : 714

Back to top Go down

Post  Milosmom 12/21/2009, 10:05 pm

Oh heavens! That poor little muffin. New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 Icon_cry
The whole thing breaks my heart but the right decisions have been made and may she be as good as new in no time.
Bless you Marci.
Milosmom
Milosmom

Number of posts : 1178

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 12/21/2009, 10:20 pm

I know that ending the pregnancy is not an easy decision to make. But given that eye of hers, it seems to be the best decision in this case. That eye must really bother her. And if it is infected, carrying on the pregnancy would only give the infection time to spread and god knows how much pain she'd be in. She's a precious little girl. We will keep her in our thoughts and prayers that all goes well.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 12/22/2009, 5:33 am

Aussie Witch wrote:With all the sadness of rescues at the moment (especially this poor little possum) there is one thing that lifts the spirits - they are all going to get another chance at life.

Thanks so much for taking her in Marci. It is absolutely the right decision to end the pregnancy. New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 335895

What Rona said. Poor little mite. Bless her, and thank you, Marci.

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 12/22/2009, 12:11 pm

Thanks everyone. It is nice to get responses back from all of you that you understand the choice was not an easy one.

It was really hard to drop her off this morning, but even the vet tech said how much better the eye looked. The swelling was almost gone and it was obvious that the antibiotics had done their job. You can tell the eye still bothers her and is sensitive and she is markedly bigger today than she was on Friday when I picked her up. I truely believe she could not have survived these puppies. She was miserable.

Think good thoughts and lots of prayers and I will let you all know when she is awake..
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 12/22/2009, 12:34 pm

TNPUGMOMOF3 wrote:.....Think good thoughts and lots of prayers and I will let you all know when she is awake..

I'll be crossing my fingers all day until we hear how she's doing, Marci. (Have you ever tried to keyboard all day with crossed fingers??) *LOL*
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 12/22/2009, 12:45 pm

Holly is in my thoughts and prayers today. I woke up thinking about her and praying she comes through this with flying colors. Looking forward to hearing how surgery went.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 12/22/2009, 2:57 pm

Lots of good thoughts out to Holly and to you, Marci. You are absolutely doing the right thing for her. God knows what would happen to her otherwise.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 12/22/2009, 4:24 pm

GOOD NEWS!!! Holly is awake and recovering. She would have had to give birth to 6 long nosed puppies who were large and likely getting too large for her little body. The weight that was removed from her was almost 4 lbs, she was only 15.... Poor little thing. I just know she is going to feel better.

One thing that concerns me is that the vet tech said that they did not take the eye out. I am quite sure that although it looks SO much better, that she cannot see out of it. I will post some pics of her I took this morning. I will be able to get the low down from the vet when I pick her up, but I trust him and if he thinks the eye should stay, then I am sure it should.

I am just so relieved she is awake and recovering. I can't wait to go get her!
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 12/22/2009, 4:47 pm

Sad for the puppies but I'm gald her life was saved.

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 12/22/2009, 4:53 pm

So glad she is awake. I feel so bad for her and the puppies. I will light a candle for them, they didn't ask for this either. I know it was necessary to save her and they most likely would not have lived either. Sad situation all around.

Thank you so much for the update. Continued prayers for her healing.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 12/22/2009, 4:57 pm

Here are some pics I took of her this morning so you can see how much better the eye looked with just being cleaned and the infection treated!! There are some of the rest of th brood too...

You can see the bad eye is on the left side, or her right eye...
New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 IMG_0654

Not thrilled with the camera... See her little bony spine sticking up!
New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 IMG_0646

Trying to get a pic of her...
New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 IMG_0622

She said she is tired of the limelight...
New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 IMG_0623

Nap time....it's too early...
New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 IMG_0640

Odin was also not impressed with the photo session this am....
New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 IMG_0653

Hank on the other hand is always happy to pose for mommy!!!
New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 IMG_0628

Lola is also happy to cheese for the camera!
New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 IMG_0632

Bella will do ANYTHING for a cookie, but was not happy when she realized I had none....
New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 IMG_0635

Fran says I've had lots of puppies...what's the big freakin deal!?!?!?
New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 IMG_0637
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Back to top Go down

Post  pugsandkids 12/22/2009, 4:59 pm

I'm so happy to hear that she made it out of surgery. If the pups were already that big...you did the best thing for Holly! When you get her from the vets, please give her loves and kisses from me and my crew.
pugsandkids
pugsandkids

Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 12/22/2009, 5:14 pm

Wow Marci! I cannot believe the difference in the eye. You can really see that she is just skin and bones. She looks like she will just blossom with your care.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 12/22/2009, 5:15 pm

New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 IMG_0623

I LOVE LOVE this pic! Bring her up to me, Marci! *LOL* She looks a little like Chloe (when Chloe yawns) in this pic! New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 335895

Glad to hear she's out of surgery, and I look forward to hearing why they didn't remove the eye.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 12/22/2009, 6:11 pm

I was trying so hard to get a good pic of her eye and she would look away every single time I tried...do I look frustrated!!! LOL!

Oh MJ she does remind me a bit of Chloe. Chloe was so little and tattered at the begining. I can only hope this little angel does just as well as Chloe.
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 12/22/2009, 6:43 pm

TNPUGMOMOF3 wrote:.....Oh MJ she does remind me a bit of Chloe. Chloe was so little and tattered at the beginning. I can only hope this little angel does just as well as Chloe.

Under your care, Marci, she'll blossom. Holly is a wonderful name for her! Kisses and (gentle) hugs from me...

New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 335895
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 12/22/2009, 7:11 pm

Holly actually reminds me of Tilly. Her eye looks so much better thank goodness.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Milosmom 12/22/2009, 8:32 pm

Happy to hear little Holly came through with flying colors.
That many puppies would have been far to much for her in any instance I'm afraid :(. I can't believe how much better her little eye looks just from what they have done so far but I to wonder why they left it.

slightly off topic: but , I just had to giggle at your pic of Odin. At that angle he resembles a ginourmous pug with a slightly larger muzzle with his coloring and the velvet-ey ears. New foster girl...(slightly graphic pic) - Page 2 Icon_lol
What a handsome boy as well as a beautiful crew joining him.
Milosmom
Milosmom

Number of posts : 1178

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 12/22/2009, 8:35 pm

I'm so glad she is recovering. She is so adorable. hug dog
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 12/22/2009, 8:44 pm

She is a very pretty girl and I'm glad she came through surgery well. I know this was a difficult decision but it was the right one for her. Now to get some meat on those bones and give her the life she deserves.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 12/22/2009, 8:51 pm

I thought that I'd posted, but I just wanted to say that Holly is another case where rescue has to pick up the piece of irresponsible people. The poor thing should never have been pregnant and it is sad that SEPRA has to make the decisions like this, but I am glad that Holly came through surgery alright. I will be interested to hear more about her eye. Thanks for getting her Marci!
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 12/22/2009, 9:43 pm

OMG the poor thing is so emaciated when she is not prego!!! Poor skinny thing, you can see every rib, her spine and hips!!! She is resting comfortably and she at a little chicken and rice. The vet said she has gestational diabetes from being prego and her body not really being able to handle it. He said it should resolve now that she is no longer prego, but that is the reason he didn't want to leave her under long enough to do both procedures. Since the eye had improved so much it was no longer an emergency and can wait for when she is at a much healthier weight. I was happy with that explanation considering what her blood work told him. Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts...the power of the pug worked again!! You guys are the best!
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next