Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A request for rescues

+2
papaspugs
dieselsmom
6 posters

Go down

A request for rescues Empty A request for rescues

Post  dieselsmom 1/9/2010, 6:15 pm

I have a request for those members who volunteer for pug rescue groups. Milwaukee Pugfest is scheduled for May 16, 2010. Debbie (one of the organizers) is looking to contact as many rescues as possible to send out invites to attend the event. If you're a volunteer with a rescue, could you PM me with your e-mail or possibly the e-mail for a board member of the rescue, so I can forward the info on to Debbie. This is a great opportunity for rescues to attend Pugfest and make money for their rescue, so I'd like to get her in contact with as many rescues as possible. It's open to rescues across the U.S. and I know most rescues are tight with money right now, but please, even if you don't think your rescue will attend, please still forward me contact info, so she can still make the invite to as many rescues as possible.

Thank you!!
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

A request for rescues Empty Re: A request for rescues

Post  papaspugs 1/9/2010, 11:18 pm

Rachel, I had posted on their wall about the scrapbook contest and David had responded that they'd consider it. Why don't they do the contest where each person donates $5 per entry?
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilos Mom 1/9/2010, 11:48 pm

I'm emailing you right now!! I know Jerry has been in contact with someone?? Because PRN would love to attend this year!!
Lilos Mom
Lilos Mom

Number of posts : 714

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 1/10/2010, 11:23 am

NIPRA's already on the list, I just wanted to say that I can't wait for this year's Pugfest! I didn't make it last year & really missed it. For anyone who has not gone, you've got to see it to believe it! This is one of the coolest pug gatherings ever & benefits pug rescues across the country. A request for rescues 609723
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 1/10/2010, 12:31 pm

PugLady3 wrote:NIPRA's already on the list, I just wanted to say that I can't wait for this year's Pugfest! I didn't make it last year & really missed it. For anyone who has not gone, you've got to see it to believe it! This is one of the coolest pug gatherings ever & benefits pug rescues across the country. A request for rescues 609723

We missed you last year, Brenda, so we're happy you'll be there this year.

We're attempting to put together some fun activities for the out of town rescues that are staying at the hotel Saturday night, so that everyone will have some fun together and get to know each other better before Pugfest. Mary and I have never spent the night before down there, but we will be this year. (Just something to keep in mind, Brenda, if NIPRA wants to come up the night before!)

Jana, I'll mention to Debbie and Rick the possibility of doing an entry charge for the scrapbook contest. I know she had said they weren't going to do it until a few people requested it and now they're thinking they will have it, but I think the money to award prizes may be the hang up to doing it, so an entry fee is a good idea.

Nancy, just wanted to let you know that I got your PM with your e-mail address. We'd love if Pugsavers made the trip out.

It's really a wonderful opportunity for rescues to make money. Every rescue that attends and has a booth receives a portion of the proceeds. Plus you can use your booth to raise money - silent auction, raffle, sales merchandise. Mary and I have a booth for HWB every year and we usually make a good dollar amount selling merchandise and having a raffle at our booth.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 1/10/2010, 1:15 pm

I'm wondering if you want me to send the Canadian rescues contacts? I only mention this because some folks may not feel okay about donating to a Canadian rescue as opposed to a US one. I wouldn't be offended if that is an issue, just wanted to clarify if that is likely to be an issue. I also don't want to divert funds from the US rescues who have a much harder time of it than we do.

In any case, I might try to come down, just as a Joe Blow person interested in Pugs.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 1/10/2010, 1:19 pm

northernwitch wrote:I'm wondering if you want me to send the Canadian rescues contacts? I only mention this because some folks may not feel okay about donating to a Canadian rescue as opposed to a US one. I wouldn't be offended if that is an issue, just wanted to clarify if that is likely to be an issue. I also don't want to divert funds from the US rescues who have a much harder time of it than we do.

In any case, I might try to come down, just as a Joe Blow person interested in Pugs.

Blanche, I will ask Debbie about this and see what the board's thoughts are. I don't know that they've ever had this issue come up so may not have even discussed it. But it's definitely worth asking about. I know they have had controversy on their board in the past about donating to rescues outside of Wisconsin (which there is no WI pug rescue) - because some (former) board members thought the proceeds should stay local. But their current board members are very adamant in helping rescues across the country, which I think is great! I'll ask Debbie and see what her thoughts are on the Canadian rescues.

We would LOVE to have you (and any other canadian rescue people!) attend, even if just as a spectator!
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 1/10/2010, 1:54 pm

Deanna and I have been talking about trying to get SEPRA there this year.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 1/10/2010, 2:11 pm

Brenda wrote:Deanna and I have been talking about trying to get SEPRA there this year.

Brenda, that would be great. I was just telling Josh yesterday that it's worth the travel expenses for a rescue to attend because the money they can make will cover their travel expenses and more.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down