Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MaryJo & others - DO NOT ADOPT alert (also Calif, Florida)

3 posters

Go down

MaryJo & others - DO NOT ADOPT alert (also Calif, Florida) Empty MaryJo & others - DO NOT ADOPT alert (also Calif, Florida)

Post  pugpillow 1/21/2010, 12:00 pm

I've deleted this and added a link to the info instead. There are many such posts with the same info about the same individual and I chose this one at random:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pet/1563523756.html

Last edited by pugpillow on 1/21/2010, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
pugpillow
pugpillow

Number of posts : 944

Back to top Go down

MaryJo & others - DO NOT ADOPT alert (also Calif, Florida) Empty Re: MaryJo & others - DO NOT ADOPT alert (also Calif, Florida)

Post  Maryjo 1/21/2010, 12:29 pm

There's been someone posting on our craigslist looking for a dog to adopt. Wanting a 'family pet'. I never trust those ads anyway, and I wonder if it is this person.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

MaryJo & others - DO NOT ADOPT alert (also Calif, Florida) Empty Re: MaryJo & others - DO NOT ADOPT alert (also Calif, Florida)

Post  Maryjo 1/21/2010, 12:34 pm

I don't agree with this statement:
Rescues and shelters are often impressed that he is willing to adopt at
such a long distance and assume that someone willing to spend so much money
to get a dog must be a good home.

Unless they know the person, normally rescues are very wary about someone who wants to adopt long-distance.

I'll check and see if he exists, ir if this is another urban legend.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/21/2010, 6:04 pm

oh yikes! I will keep an eye out for him online and CL ads as well...poor dogs. I hope they catch him!

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 1/21/2010, 6:28 pm

What is he doing with them????????? MaryJo & others - DO NOT ADOPT alert (also Calif, Florida) Icon_cry
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  pugpillow 1/21/2010, 8:14 pm

Aussie Witch wrote:What is he doing with them????????? MaryJo & others - DO NOT ADOPT alert (also Calif, Florida) Icon_cry

I don't know and am afraid to ask. I'm just the messenger.
pugpillow
pugpillow

Number of posts : 944

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 1/21/2010, 10:42 pm

Yes, best we don't get told what's happening - I don't even really want to go there. I hope he never gets another dog.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

MaryJo & others - DO NOT ADOPT alert (also Calif, Florida) Empty Update on DO NOT ADOPT ALERT

Post  Guest 1/23/2010, 4:33 pm

I've been doing some research on a man whose name has been circulating throughout a national DNA list.

If what has been found on a man by that name in Florida is him, then it is truly appalling and shocking.

What has been found on the state of Florida Law Enforcement website is that a man by that name is a registered sex offender. What I've heard is that the man on the DNA list is seeking out mostly large spayed female dogs and that these dogs all die or "disappear" in one way or another. It's not difficult to put two and two together, if in fact this person is in any way connected, which at this point has not been proven. More research needs to be done to confirm any connection though everyone should most definitely be on high alert and should report any suspicious activity to the Do Not Adopt registry which can be accessed here http://www.dnapets.org/about.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down