Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice couple looking to adopt an elderly Yorkie in SoCal

5 posters

Go down

Nice couple looking to adopt an elderly Yorkie in SoCal Empty Nice couple looking to adopt an elderly Yorkie in SoCal

Post  smoochieface 7/10/2009, 12:05 am

If anyone in So Cal knows of a shelter or owner surrender of an elderly Yorkie, can you contact me? There is a lovely couple in their 70's whose beloved Yorkie recently passed away from a heart condition. They are looking to adopt an ELDERLY Yorkie to live out his or her last years with them. They know about rescue but I said I'd put some feelers out in case we can arrange a direct adoption. Thanks!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Nice couple looking to adopt an elderly Yorkie in SoCal Empty Re: Nice couple looking to adopt an elderly Yorkie in SoCal

Post  Not Afraid 7/10/2009, 12:31 am

I don't know of any available Yorkies but there is a Yorkies and friends Rescue located in Orange.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Nice couple looking to adopt an elderly Yorkie in SoCal Empty Re: Nice couple looking to adopt an elderly Yorkie in SoCal

Post  smoochieface 7/10/2009, 12:53 am

Thanks Lisa. They are following up with rescue, also. For some reason all the dogs available through Yorkies and Friends are young, the oldest is 4 years old and they are looking for a senior Yorkie.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 7/12/2009, 8:13 pm

How do they feel about senior poms? I know a lovely one. Really special. Has all her teeth except one. Just a delightful girl. Name of Lola.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 7/15/2009, 11:45 am

I will keep an ear out! Everytime I look at this title though I read it as "nice looking couple..." and it makes me giggle.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 7/15/2009, 12:06 pm

I hope they can find a little yorkie in need to give it a good home!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 7/15/2009, 8:55 pm

Is six too young?

GIZMO - ID#A230046

Neutered male, typical Yorkshire Terrier.

About 6 years old.

At the shelter since Jul 13, 2009.

This information is less than 1 hour old.
Back
For more information about this animal, call:
Pasadena Humane Society and SPCA at 626-792-7151
Ask for information about animal ID number A230046
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/16/2009, 2:27 am

Thanks Lisa! I'll ask. I think they were thinking more along the lines of 10 or older. They are both in their late 70's and they really had a super senior dog in mind considering their own ages.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Nice couple looking to adopt an elderly Yorkie in SoCal Empty Did they find a Yorkie yet?

Post  Guest 9/19/2009, 6:26 am

I have a ten year old full bred girl who has been very sad ever since baby arrived.

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 9/22/2009, 1:12 am

ErikaSol wrote:I have a ten year old full bred girl who has been very sad ever since baby arrived.

Erika, if you are still checking this forum, I responded to your PM. Let me know if you have any ideas.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down