Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear Frustrated Applicant to Adopt A Dog

5 posters

Go down

Dear Frustrated Applicant to Adopt A Dog Empty Dear Frustrated Applicant to Adopt A Dog

Post  northernwitch 3/13/2012, 12:51 pm

I'm putting this here since it fits here better than any other place. A very well written explanation regarding rescue and adoption applicants.

http://bostonrescue.blogspot.com/2012/03/dear-frustrated-applicant.html?m=1
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Dear Frustrated Applicant to Adopt A Dog Empty Re: Dear Frustrated Applicant to Adopt A Dog

Post  Maryjo 3/13/2012, 2:18 pm

Wow... just wow... What a well-written article.

I am going to share it on my FB page.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Dear Frustrated Applicant to Adopt A Dog Empty Re: Dear Frustrated Applicant to Adopt A Dog

Post  Maryjo 3/13/2012, 2:22 pm

This line is one of my fav's:
...If an applicant is not willing to go through our process, we’re sorry, there are plenty of other families out there willing to endure our scrutiny in order to save a life so we will move on....
So true!
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 3/13/2012, 7:47 pm

I like it!!!! And so true!
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  ocnside 3/14/2012, 6:21 am

This was an informative and to the point stance on rescue.

I used to go to Petsmart and when I switched to Taste of the Wild food, Petsmart did not carry that brand so I now go to my local hardware store...Of course I compared the two stores...commercial vs country (LOL, I am in NC)...anyways...people at the hardware store love their animals in a different way; even though they may not know the neurotic personality that I have (LOL), they think that their animals are part of their family and talk about them like they are relatives. (I am not saying that there are no negative practices but I am trying to focus on another point at the moment)

At Petsmart, there are so many cats in the window and there are so many weekend adoptions, kids are growing up thinking that getting a pet is like getting a pair of shoes...sad...whatever is cute at the moment and if it (the animal) doesn't fit, just return it :(

I cannot tell you how much time I spent researching dogs before deciding on the pug breed, we planned for almost a year because the differences from a lab to a pug were/are drastic. Of course Julian is a spoiled brat and I love him like he was my son and when my breeder said to bring him back for another because he had such problems breathing, I wanted to literally slap her but I could not because A She lives in a different state and B Tears were already rolling down my face!!! (Not to trash my breeder, I do love her as a person but she must have thought I was the general public until she got to know me)

I guess what I am saying is that the letter really hit some points about the value of animals and the morals people should have before being allowed to adopt one. Frankly cost wasn't the issue, it is not a merchandise purchase for Christ sake, it is a life and the saddest part is that some people will never comprehend that!
ocnside
ocnside

Number of posts : 718

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 3/14/2012, 1:28 pm

Very well written. I'm always a little leery about pages like that, because many of them really talk down to applicants and have sort of a holier-than-thou vibe. But this one doesn't. It's straightforward and answers some legit questions. I like it.
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 3/14/2012, 2:48 pm

SacramentoPugs wrote:Very well written. I'm always a little leery about pages like that, because many of them really talk down to applicants and have sort of a holier-than-thou vibe. But this one doesn't. It's straightforward and answers some legit questions. I like it.
That's what I liked about it, too. It was polite and to the point without being condescending. And for many of us on the front lines it's just hard not to get into the "snarky place". I've saved it as it's a very useful article.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down