Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hate seizures and just so frustrated

+7
papaspugs
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Not Afraid
Aussie Witch
sallyandtilly
northernwitch
Norton's Mom
11 posters

Go down

I hate seizures and just so frustrated Empty I hate seizures and just so frustrated

Post  Norton's Mom 6/7/2010, 11:35 pm

So Norton has been a period of having seizures every 14 days or so. He then will have 2-3 in a 48 hour period and then nothing and he is a normal little pug. We are trying a new medicine that is supposed to be a good addition to his pheno with the goal of getting him off of Pheno. We went years without a seizure and now it is becoming a regular thing. I just don't know what to do anymore and it is wearing me down. My sleep is limited because I worry that the slightest movement is the start of a seizure. I just needed to vent and try not to be so frustrated. My vet is working with us and trying to find the best solution. I cannot believe we have been dealing with this going on 6 years and yet the breeder continues to become more popular with each damn litter she sells. I just want to put up a buyer beware on her site. It's my own fault. I should have known better- and now I do...
Norton's Mom
Norton's Mom

Number of posts : 510

http://www.snaphappygirl.com

Back to top Go down

I hate seizures and just so frustrated Empty Re: I hate seizures and just so frustrated

Post  northernwitch 6/7/2010, 11:39 pm

Crap, Gretchen. I'm so sorry to hear this. It IS frustrating. Hugs to you and Norton.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

I hate seizures and just so frustrated Empty Re: I hate seizures and just so frustrated

Post  sallyandtilly 6/7/2010, 11:43 pm

I have never had to deal with seizures, but I think it must be one of the most frustrating problems that plague our little pugs. I hope you can get it figured out soon so you can get back to normal life.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 6/7/2010, 11:56 pm

I'm so sorry Gretchen, vent away. Having had an epileptic Pug I know and understand your frustration. I hope the new meds help.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 6/8/2010, 1:45 am

Gretchen, please vent away! It must be completely frustrating. I hate to see Norton go through this too. You know how much I adore that boy! I hope you and your vet can find a solution.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 6/8/2010, 9:09 am

I'm sorry Norton, and you, have to deal with this. I hope the new meds help.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 6/8/2010, 9:17 am

Vent away. It is so hard to sit and watch our babies and not be able to do anything for them. Hopefully he'll get adjusted to the new meds soon.
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 6/8/2010, 9:23 am

I'm so sorry that you guys have to go through this. I hope that the seizures are under control again soon. I hate seizures and just so frustrated 335895
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 6/8/2010, 9:57 am

Gretchen - I can't imagine how frustrating this is. sending many, many good thoughts for Norton, and you. I hope the new med can help him!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 6/8/2010, 8:20 pm

I am so sorry, I can only imagine how frustrating it is. Sending hugs to you and Norton and YES how annoying that the dang breeder keeps breeding :(
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugnutty 7/3/2010, 11:37 pm

Wow Gretchen, Im so sorry Norton starting having seizures again. I hope you can once again get them under control.
Pugnutty
Pugnutty

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down