Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heartwarming rescue story

+17
Brenda
Mel
Pugsaunt
northernwitch
Maryjo
Aussie Witch
Renee
Pugsavers
PugLady3
Rebecca and the Pugs
papaspugs
Saira
TxAllieGrl
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
MackandMattiesMom
akc0104
lola's mom
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Heartwarming rescue story Empty Heartwarming rescue story

Post  lola's mom 3/5/2010, 8:23 am

I want to share this story of an amazing little girl and how she helped Curly Tail.
I had tears in my eyes when I read the email.

Back in December, we were contacted by a woman in Weymouth MA who has a 7yr old daughter Gianna, "Gigi" who was in love with Curly Tail and the work we do. Gigi has a pug of her own and one day asked her mom if there were any homeless pugs. Her mom googled homeless pugs and found the Curly Tail site and Gigi has been hooked ever since.

Gigis birthday was in December and with her party invitations, she requested no birthday presents, instead, she asked people to make a donation to curly tail. She included our curly wish list form our site.

Her mom said its all she talked about for weeks, "I hope we raise alot and get alot of good toys for the pugs". Gigi's mom described her talking about all of our different pugs and gently reminding her friends of her party invitation request for curly tail items.

Chrissy, Gigis mom says she has always been a kind spirit with an open heart to all things helpless and hopeless. Gigi had been an only child up until a year ago when she insisted her parents adopt a child. Chrissy described Gigi as a six year old at the time, asking her with complete seriousness "if we have room in our house and things to share why don't we adopt a homeless baby?"

For months, Gigi continued the conversation and as Chrissy explained, "Gigi couldn't understand why it wasn't an option--she saw it as us having what we need to help a baby who doesn't and she didn't let it go...a year and later, here we are with Jack our 1 yr old who we adopted locally when he was six days old."

Curly co-founder, Kristin visited with Gigi yesterday. Gigis first words were "thank you for saving all the pugs, I made you a card..come inside."

Kristin walked in, and their own pug was going crazy---Gigi walked over and sat with her and whispered in her ear "its okay its just a visitor and a special visitor who saves pugs so lets stop barking now. Once she gently and privately calmed down her pug, she showed Kristin everything she had collected---you name it, it was there!!!

Everything on our wish list---food, beds, harnesses, toys, baby wipes, petsmart gift cards,cvs gift cards, checks--the list went on and on. Gigi collected over $500 in items we use daily and $500 in checks!

Gigi asked Kristin several questions about Curly Tail and our pugs and how she can continue to help--she knew every one of our pugs by name and when she got to the end, her eyes filled and she asked quietly "how is Sammy?". She proceeded to share that her mom is diabetic and she knows how hard it must be for him not to eat the things he likes. The sadness in her face was genuine and her hope for him was tangible.

Gigi studies our site with compassion and intent and couldn't be more grateful for what we all do. Kristin brought along what she and Drea felt was a not-so-exciting birthday gift for a seven year old---a curly tail t shirt. You would have thought Gigi was given lifetime gift card to toys r us--she couldn't have been happier feeling like she was officially part of our team.

This little girl is such an inspiration and truly exemplifies why we feel so passionately about education.

What Gigi is learning now is directly impacting the rescue person she will become. We feel proud to know we are offering her the educational resources she may not have found otherwise.

Thank you soo very much to Gigi and her mom.... we are sooo very grateful to both, whose hearts are sooo huge!!!
lola's mom
lola's mom

Number of posts : 785

Back to top Go down

Heartwarming rescue story Empty Re: Heartwarming rescue story

Post  akc0104 3/5/2010, 10:06 am

What an amazing little girl! Let us know if she stays in touch with Curly Tail. Maybe we could add her to the Christmas card list this year. Heartwarming rescue story Icon_biggrin
akc0104
akc0104

Number of posts : 1742

Back to top Go down

Post  MackandMattiesMom 3/5/2010, 10:14 am

akc0104 wrote:What an amazing little girl! Let us know if she stays in touch with Curly Tail. Maybe we could add her to the Christmas card list this year. Heartwarming rescue story Icon_biggrin

I was thinking the same thing. I'd love to send her a thank you card for all she did. What an amazing little girl.
MackandMattiesMom
MackandMattiesMom

Number of posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 3/5/2010, 10:22 am

Wow, Gigi sounds like an incredibly special girl. I agree with Sabra, I'd like to send her a thank you card for all she did for Curly Tail. Maybe we could get her mom's permission and send her thank you's with pictures of our pugs?
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 3/5/2010, 10:30 am

Tyson&LuLu'sMom wrote:Wow, Gigi sounds like an incredibly special girl. I agree with Sabra, I'd like to send her a thank you card for all she did for Curly Tail. Maybe we could get her mom's permission and send her thank you's with pictures of our pugs?

I echo these thoughts. WOW!!! What a special girl.

Perhaps, if her mom doesn't want to share her address with a bunch of crazy pug people, we can send them to Kerrie or Kristin to share with her?

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 3/5/2010, 10:39 am

What a special little girl, and what great parents she must have as well! I' dlove to send a card as well. Very Happy
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 3/5/2010, 10:45 am

Friday morning tears of happiness in my eyes!!! What a wonderful girl and a wonderful family. Her mom must be so proud of her.
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/5/2010, 10:52 am

I have a bit of a lump in my throat now. What an amazing young girl, there needs to be more people like her.
My friends daughter when she was around 10, asked that only gifts that our local humane society could use be given to her as her birthday present, what an unselfish gift.

Last edited by Donna on 3/5/2010, 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 3/5/2010, 10:56 am

Donna wrote:I have a bit of a lump in my throat now. What an amazing young girl, there needs to be more people like her.
My friends daughter when she was around 10, asked that only gifts that our local humane society could use be given to her as her birthday present, what and unselfish gift.
When my brother bought an auto shop in Truckee this past May, my nieces refilled the gumball machine with dog treats and they donate the money from the machine to their local SPCA.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  lola's mom 3/5/2010, 11:27 am

Thank you cards to Gigi would be awesome!!
CurlyTail (Kristin) has already started collecting thank you cards for Gigi.
She is going to put them all together and send them to her. I will tell her more are coming.
You guys rock!!!!

Here is the email we received from Curlytail. I think it's such a great idea to send them to her like fan mail.

Hi everyone,

Along with many of you, I was in tears this morning reading about Gigi's birthday wishes for our rescued pugs!!! I immediately had to grab my tissues, and just kept looking at her picture and the smile on her face, and all of the terrific items she received to help our rescue.

If anyone would like to thank Gigi personally (sending a card or note), please send it to:

Curly Tail Pug Rescue
PO Box 580
Hanover, MA 02339

We are sure that Gigi would love to receive our thoughts and thanks for all she has done for our rescued pugs, and this would truly mean the world to her to know that we all think she is sooooo very special!!

Once recieved, all of the cards/letters will be sent to Gigi in bulk (like fan mail)!
lola's mom
lola's mom

Number of posts : 785

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/5/2010, 11:35 am

Rebecca and the Pugs wrote:
Donna wrote:I have a bit of a lump in my throat now. What an amazing young girl, there needs to be more people like her.
My friends daughter when she was around 10, asked that only gifts that our local humane society could use be given to her as her birthday present, what and unselfish gift.
When my brother bought an auto shop in Truckee this past May, my nieces refilled the gumball machine with dog treats and they donate the money from the machine to their local SPCA.

That was a very sweet thing to do.

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 3/5/2010, 11:44 am

That's awesome! I'm going to send Gigi a thank you card too. What a special little girl! Heartwarming rescue story 335895
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 3/5/2010, 12:56 pm

That is truly an amazing child! An old soul I am sure...maybe that's who Mother Theresa came back as :-)

I'll send her a card personally and one from PugSavers too.
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 3/5/2010, 1:36 pm

This child has something right going on! How awesome! I'm sure her parents deserve some credit too....how they were able to instill such compassion in thier daughter.

I would love to send a card.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 3/5/2010, 1:54 pm

Please tell Kristin to wait for a card from Australia!

That brought happy tears to my eyes. Makes me have hope for the world when people like that are born into it. Heartwarming rescue story 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 3/5/2010, 2:30 pm

OK.. A tissue alert should have accompanied this story. I am crying tears of happiness over what Gigi has done, and learned for rescue. what an inspirational child!

Heartwarming rescue story 335895
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 3/5/2010, 2:31 pm

MackandMattiesMom wrote:
akc0104 wrote:What an amazing little girl! Let us know if she stays in touch with Curly Tail. Maybe we could add her to the Christmas card list this year. Heartwarming rescue story Icon_biggrin

I was thinking the same thing. I'd love to send her a thank you card for all she did. What an amazing little girl.

Tyson&LuLu'sMom wrote:Wow, Gigi sounds like an incredibly special girl. I agree with Sabra, I'd like to send her a thank you card for all she did for Curly Tail. Maybe we could get her mom's permission and send her thank you's with pictures of our pugs?

I think I'd like to send her a polar pug rescue t-shirt, along with the thank you card.. What if all of us rescues send her a t-shirt with the card??

Would that be cool or what?
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 3/5/2010, 2:43 pm

Count me in for a card, at least. If I can dig up a T-shirt, I can send one--but I suspect we only have adult sizes. Maybe a bumper sticker or a pin.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 3/5/2010, 2:54 pm

That definitely needed a tissue alert. I'm with Roxane - that child is so enlightened to be so young.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 3/5/2010, 5:05 pm

what a sweet kid!
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/5/2010, 5:58 pm

oh what a lovely story!! Heartwarming rescue story 335895 <3 <3 <3

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 3/5/2010, 8:20 pm

What an awesome kid!! And, to tell her parents to adopt a child, too. How wonderful. That is so cool what she did for Curly Tail. We need more kids like her in this world.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 3/6/2010, 6:10 am

Gigi sounds like a very special little girl, bless her.

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 3/6/2010, 2:07 pm

What an amazing little girl. I'm putting a card in the mail today.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 3/6/2010, 10:04 pm

What an absolutely terrific little girl - if only the world had more little girls like Gigi.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next