Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story)

+21
H the P
Javalita
Not Afraid
Puglove2
LisaIzzyAggy
Sara
pugpillow
Saira
Aussie Witch
HK Pugs
Brenda
sallyandtilly
leslyeb
MommaJones
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Amanda
Imon
Odie and Lady Di's Mom
SacramentoPugs
pugsandkids
Maryjo
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Empty Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story)

Post  Maryjo 8/24/2009, 2:19 pm

Background: Both Linda's and my phone numbers are listed on the Polar Pug Rescue (along with Vickie's) as contacts for any questions or problems. We frequently get phone calls checking on pugs, or asking questions.

Linda got a phone call on Saturday from a gal who is going back to school, and working, and she didn't feel it was right to leave her pug alone for 14-16 hours a day... After trying to find her a home herself, she was insistent that the pug come into rescue.

We went over to their house Saturday evening and talked to the gal's mom (the gal was out). It turns out they only had the pug a week (bought for $100 off craigslist). It hadn't sounded like that in the phone call.

These wonderful (seriously) people got her from craigslist for $100, spent another $100 taking her to the vet for shots and medicine for an ear infection, bought her tons of toys, a crate, beds, etc. (probably another $100), then figured out it didn't work with either of their schedules.

Rather than contacting the shady people on craigslist that they got her from, they didn't believe a word of those people's story, they called rescue. Lily (the pug's name) is about 5 years old, NOT spayed, but she really doesn't look like she's ever had puppies. Thank gawd they got her. Since she's unspayed, and on craigslist, she could have ended up anywhere! Poor girl.

She is a very happy, playful pug, large for a female- very stocky & muscular. She and Chloe played and played and played! She loved meeting the entire gang! She is transitioning well. I think she wasn't at that gal's house long enough to miss anyone.

The gal said the cragislist people said they had only fed her people food, but she put her on a higher-quality food. She was very itchy when they got her, and the vet recommended no wheat or corn in her diet.

Vickie (the gal in charge of Polar Pug Rescue) will set up an appointment for a check-up and spaying. Linda would like for us to foster her. She sleeps on Linda's bed with Odie Mo & Diamond and Moose. I have no idea where Linda sleeps. *LOL*

Lily doesn't look like she will be coming into heat anytime soon, I believe I am supposed to watch for the vulva to start to swell? Any thoughts? I have never had an unspayed female in the house except when Thelma & Louisie were puppies all those years ago.

I took pictures of her, but was too tired from this weekend to post download them, so I'll post pictures on this thread tonight.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Empty Re: Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story)

Post  pugsandkids 8/24/2009, 2:22 pm

Wow, what a lucky girl! I'm so glad they called you, I can't wait to see pictures of her Very Happy
pugsandkids
pugsandkids

Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Empty Re: Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story)

Post  SacramentoPugs 8/24/2009, 2:24 pm

Hooray to you and Linda for getting Lily into rescue! I, too, shudder to think what could have happened to an unspayed female sold cheaply on Craigslist. And hooray to the folks who bought her and turned her life around!
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Odie and Lady Di's Mom 8/24/2009, 2:24 pm

Where the heck are the pics? I have nothing to add...other than she is just a doll!
Odie and Lady Di's Mom
Odie and Lady Di's Mom

Number of posts : 89

Back to top Go down

Post  Imon 8/24/2009, 2:26 pm

Lucky Lily! She's really lucked out big-time.

I had my female spayed after her first heat (which caught me by surprise), so I can't help you with that question, but I'm so glad that none of the "might have" possibilities happened for Lily!
Imon
Imon

Number of posts : 1898

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 8/24/2009, 2:26 pm

Odie and Lady Di's Mom wrote:Where the heck are the pics? I have nothing to add...other than she is just a doll!

I know, I know.. I am slacking on the job! I'll post pics tonight.

Very Happy
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 8/24/2009, 2:26 pm

Maryjo wrote:
I took pictures of her, but was too tired from this weekend to post download them, so I'll post pictures on this thread tonight.
I suggest you leave and come back and try again to do this properly, with pictures! razz

Seriously, glad to hear she made it into the right hands and hopefully will find a great forever family.
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 8/24/2009, 2:26 pm

Thank goodness she made it off Craigslist and into rescue.
Can't wait to see pictures of her!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 8/24/2009, 2:28 pm

Amanda wrote:
Maryjo wrote:
I suggest you leave and come back and try again to do this properly, with pictures! razz

Seriously, glad to hear she made it into the right hands and hopefully will find a great forever family.

*LOL* Actually, a lot of the pics I took show a blur, she doesn't stop moving! She's a busy busy girl... Laughing I promise to post some sort of pics tonight after work!
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 8/24/2009, 3:44 pm

I'm glad she found her way into rescue. I hope she'll find a wonderful forever home.

Or maybe she already has.
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  leslyeb 8/24/2009, 5:15 pm

Glad the people who got her off craigslist were decent people. I'm sure she is adorable
leslyeb
leslyeb

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 8/24/2009, 5:50 pm

I'm glad you got her and I hope she isn't already pregnant.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 8/24/2009, 5:55 pm

sallyandtilly wrote:I'm glad you got her and I hope she isn't already pregnant.

I am pretty sure she isn't. I'll be posting pics as soon as I get home and edit some.

hug dog
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 8/24/2009, 6:11 pm

Good for you guys!! Can't wait to see pics.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  HK Pugs 8/24/2009, 6:22 pm

Yay, for the Good Guys! excited It is scary to think what could have become of
her if she'd gotten into the wrong hands from Craigslist! Crying or Very sad

I'm sure Linda has space on her bed for one more little puggie! Who needs room
to turn over anyway! Laughing
HK Pugs
HK Pugs

Number of posts : 1550

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 8/24/2009, 7:00 pm

Oh WOW MJ!! That poor little pug obviously has a guardian angel looking after her.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 8/24/2009, 10:16 pm

Poor little puggy! I am glad she made her way to rescue, and you guys!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pugpillow 8/24/2009, 10:22 pm

Aussie Witch wrote:Oh WOW MJ!! That poor little pug obviously has a guardian angel looking after her.

A few of them, and 2 of their names are MaryJo and Linda.
pugpillow
pugpillow

Number of posts : 944

Back to top Go down

Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Empty Pics!!

Post  Maryjo 8/25/2009, 2:05 am

We've found out that Lily loves to play, and play and play. Fetch is her favorie game.. Over and over and over... *LOL* She must be part retriever. She even wore Moose out!

Here is her pretty face:
Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Lily9177

She first played fetch with the tiger:
Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Lily9187

Lily says this toy is pretty fun!
Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Lily9183

She is a happy girl! Notice Diamond (left) and Odie Gus Gus (back) are absolutely zonked. *LOL*
Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Lily9180

Her tongue is bigger than she is:
Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Lily9157

This was her serious look when she first arrived:
Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Lily9154

Bozlee loves playing tug-o-war with Lily:
Beau is referee-ing.
Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Lily9201

Now she decided to play fetch with the pink pig:
Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Lily9233

Then the bear:
(She also played with the black and white cow, but I didn't get an un-blurry picture of that)
Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Lily9218

Lily in sunlight, how pretty she is!
Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Lily9203

...more in next message...
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 8/25/2009, 2:09 am

The gang is wore out from Lily's playtime antics...

Rocky crashed in his bed:
Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Lily9232

Moose even got tired of playing fetch:
Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Lily9219

On couch: Odie Mo (left), Chloe, Diamond & Odie Gus Gus watching Lily play while they are all wore out!
Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Lily9182

Chloe was so sleepy that I had to force her outside to take care of business before bed:
Linda & I picked up a rescue pug on Saturday... (long story) Lily9210

That's all for now...
hug dog
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 8/25/2009, 2:24 am

Oh my goodness, that little girl certainly ended up in the right hands! I love her name, Lily, and I LOVE that she could wear Moose out, that is hysterical. She sure seems energetic! The picture of her on the couch with Diamond and Odie Gus Gus, is pretty funny too, they look WORN OUT!

Thanks for helping her along her way.
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 8/25/2009, 7:00 am

Oh she's so sweet. I love that little tongue hanging out. hug dog I'm so glad she's in your capable hands.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Puglove2 8/25/2009, 9:08 am

she's gorgeous! glad you rescued her!
Puglove2
Puglove2

Number of posts : 1943

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 8/25/2009, 10:07 am

She's beautiful!! I love how she wears everyone out and loved the pic of Moose with the toy in his mouth. Laughing
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 8/25/2009, 10:14 am

Lilly is so pretty! What great wrinkles. She looks so happy playing chase and being with other puggies. Such a different expression compared to her face upon arrival. I think she's a keeper!
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next