Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I picked up a rescue 'pug' tonight... sort of...

+12
TNPUGMOMOF3
LisaIzzyAggy
PugLady3
Saira
Deanna
pugmom32003
sallyandtilly
Brenda
H the P
pugsandkids
Aussie Witch
Maryjo
16 posters

Go down

I picked up a rescue 'pug' tonight... sort of... Empty I picked up a rescue 'pug' tonight... sort of...

Post  Maryjo 1/27/2011, 1:36 am

A friend of mine called and said her boyfriend was up in the Valley by the Knik River (wild country & 30 or 40 miles outside Anchorage) and he found a black pug girl on a bridge over the river... She wanted me to come get it so we could either find her owner or find her a home. We pick up stray dogs from people and let the Anchorage pound know. If, after 6 days, no one calls looking for the dog, we're allowed to find a home for it.

I went over to her house, and the pug had morphed into a beautiful black French Bulldog. *LOL* They were slightly confused on the breed, but I know if they hadn't picked that poor girl up, she could be dead by now. She is completely blind. And on BRIDGE over a HUGE river! hair pull

Nothing listed on Craigslist yet. I took her to Vickie's Doggy Daycare and she's going to call the pound tomorrow to list her. Luckily we get to keep her in comfort.

While I was talking to Vickie, The Frenchy slowly explored the office. You can see she might have been blind for a long time. She mapped out the office and within 15-20 minutes wasn't bumping into anything.

We're calling her 'Onyx' in honor of Terri Lynn's blind pug, Onyx. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of her. I might go down there tomorrow and get one. She's black with a large white patch on her chest. She seemed very tired and thirsty. The poor girl.

Thank gawd for good Samaritans in the world.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

I picked up a rescue 'pug' tonight... sort of... Empty Re: I picked up a rescue 'pug' tonight... sort of...

Post  Aussie Witch 1/27/2011, 1:54 am

Yes indeed, thank Dog for the good Samaritans. She had a guardian dog angel looking after her.
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

I picked up a rescue 'pug' tonight... sort of... Empty Re: I picked up a rescue 'pug' tonight... sort of...

Post  pugsandkids 1/27/2011, 1:55 am

Thank goodness she was found and taken in. Thank you Maryjo!
pugsandkids
pugsandkids

Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 1/27/2011, 6:38 am

Well done, Maryjo. Poor girl - how lucky she was. hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 1/27/2011, 9:17 am

Wow! So glad you got her. Can't wait to see pics.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 1/27/2011, 9:53 am

I'm glad she was rescued and ticked that her people didn't take care of her. She must've been very frightened being on the bridge without being able to see.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  pugmom32003 1/27/2011, 10:09 am

Poor baby! I'm glad she's safe now and in excellent hands!
pugmom32003
pugmom32003

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna 1/27/2011, 11:22 am

Well I called and told my mom and she giggled. I told her she needs to get over here and join us. Hopefully she will and she can see pics of Onyx and share pics of her Onyx.

I am so glad there are still good people out there willing to step up and help out.
Deanna
Deanna

Number of posts : 349

http://www.pugrescueofmo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 1/27/2011, 11:23 am

Poor girl, it makes me sad to think she was out there alone and is blind. I'm glad she is safe!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 1/27/2011, 11:38 am

Yes, pictures are definitely needed. I'm so glad that you were able to help her & she is safe now. Poor baby.
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 1/27/2011, 11:50 am

Poor little thing. I'm so glad she's safe now.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 1/27/2011, 12:20 pm

Pug...Frenchie....same thing... LOL! I am glad they got her, whatever she was! Poor girl. That must have been scarey! I know that Gus, my very blind foster, would not last long on any bridge.
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 1/27/2011, 1:00 pm

Poor little thing. I'm so glad he stopped to get her and now she's safe and sound. Can't wait to see some pics!!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 1/27/2011, 1:32 pm

Oh, I can't wait to meet her MaryJo! Maybe I need to run over and get pictures?

You aren't going to foster her? lol!

By the way, I love the name.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 1/27/2011, 2:00 pm

Renee wrote:Oh, I can't wait to meet her MaryJo! Maybe I need to run over and get pictures?
You aren't going to foster her? lol!
By the way, I love the name.

I was going to run over at lunchtime today (around 11 AM) and get pics. :)

I also want to see how she's doing.

I would love to foster her, but what work to get her used to the ramp (without falling off) that goes into the backyard, plus, would she get too defensive with 7 other dogs around? We'll see how she does. Maybe I'll take on fostering her once she is ours if the owner isn't found.

hug dog
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 1/27/2011, 2:01 pm

Deanna wrote:Well I called and told my mom and she giggled. I told her she needs to get over here and join us. Hopefully she will and she can see pics of Onyx and share pics of her Onyx.

I see Terri Lynn on FB all the time, I wish she'd get her bum over here and show us how beautiful Onyx (at 5 years young) is these days! hug dog

Last edited by Maryjo on 1/27/2011, 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 1/27/2011, 2:10 pm

I'm so glad you got her somewhere safe. How scared she must have been! I can't wait to see pics of the new "pug"!
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  juneau hunter 1/28/2011, 10:21 am

Wow, I'm just thinking about the Knik River and how nasty it can be! Before I got my butt over to Talkeetna I was "squatting" in a cabin in the Butte area! The kids called the river "Cappuccino River" because of the colour.

So glad you have her MJ. I would love to have a Frenchie!
juneau hunter
juneau hunter

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down