Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picked up a pug last night...

+6
Pugsaunt
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Aussie Witch
Amber
Saira
Maryjo
10 posters

Go down

Picked up a pug last night... Empty Picked up a pug last night...

Post  Maryjo 12/18/2009, 2:34 pm

Background: I left my cell phone at home yesterday, and since there was a blizzard happening, I didn't want to go home at lunch to get it.

Of course, that is when I get a ton of messages. There was a message waiting for me when I got home from work from a gal who has been moving. She has a pug and rat terrier that she wanted picked up ASAP. The dogs were still at the old place, and she had just found out they couldn't come to the new place. Huh??

Her hubby was at the old place cleaning, and she said he was waiting for me. Huh?? (She couldn't call either of the other numbers on Polar Pug's 'contact' page?) I called Vickie and warned her, and asked her to call the hubby (the gal had given me his cell number) to be sure this was a true story. Sure enough...

So I had to lock everyone up, without dinner (horrors!) and run over there. The owners were not going to wait any longer. The RT (whose name is Killer) is a little bit of nothing . He's about 11-12 years old. Frank, the pug, must be 20 lbs overweight. The poor poor guy. I'll post pics tonight.

I had the guy sign the papers, then I took them down to Vickie's doggy daycare. While I was down there briefing Vickie, I took pics of both of them, and took pics of Butch, the pug from Dutch Harbor who had just gotten in yesterday, along with the beagle that came in with him. The Dutch Harbor dogs had been socked in by weather for the past two weeks.

Blanche, Frank will compete with Cooper. He's huge! And not in a good way...

Then I zoomed home, and fed our gang an hour late. (Linda had a function and couldn't get home). As they complained while I organized the bowls, I told them to be thankful they had a roof over their head, as some poor dogs were almost left outside an empty house. (in 5 degree F weather).

I just don't understand some people. They've had Frank for 5-6 years, ever since he was a puppy, and the RT even longer. How the heck can you do that? Frank especially looked very confused. I am thankful she called me, instead of the pound, but still... Happy Holidays, heh?? Picked up a pug last night... 253213
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Picked up a pug last night... Empty Re: Picked up a pug last night...

Post  Saira 12/18/2009, 2:37 pm

MJ you are awesome. Here is what I have realized-we are never going to get the people who don't consider their pets family. Moving is such a common excuse and just not one I'll ever understand. And if that's not bad enough, they leave it until the last second and then it's "OMG, the dog has to go RIGHT NOW." Picked up a pug last night... Icon_twisted

Anyways, I am glad you guys have them. Poor terrier, are you going to try to adopt them out together?
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 12/18/2009, 2:41 pm

Bless you MJ. I'm so happy you were able to get them.
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 12/18/2009, 2:48 pm

Those little guys have a red-haired guardian angel with an igloo that expands like the universe. Picked up a pug last night... 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 12/18/2009, 2:52 pm

Saira wrote:.....Anyways, I am glad you guys have them. Poor terrier, are you going to try to adopt them out together?

She said they were bonded. As far as Vickie and I could tell they could care less about each other.

A gal here at work has a rescue Lhaso mix and a rescue rat terrier. I told her the story and showed her pics off the camera, and she says she could foster the RT, which will probably be a hospice foster- his heart seems bad, for us if we would like. That helped my faith in humanity.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 12/18/2009, 2:54 pm

Aussie Witch wrote:Those little guys have a red-haired guardian angel with an igloo that expands like the universe. Picked up a pug last night... 335895

*LOL* They aren't at the igloo. It would burst! Luckily they were right down the road from my place, so it was easy to go pick them up.

They are at the daycare today because they get a physical tomorrow, and then they will go to foster homes. Until Kashi goes to her new home (undecided yet), we're full up.
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 12/18/2009, 2:59 pm

You are a lifesaver MJ.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 12/18/2009, 3:08 pm

Maryjo you are amazing.

But I think this:

Maryjo wrote: Until Kashi goes to her new home (undecided yet),

needs more explanation!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 12/18/2009, 3:23 pm

Tyson&LuLu'sMom wrote:Maryjo you are amazing.

But I think this:

needs more explanation!

*LOL* No No No!! I meant the applications have been coming in, but her new home isn't picked yet! Picked up a pug last night... Icon_biggrin
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 12/18/2009, 3:27 pm

Maryjo wrote:
Tyson&LuLu'sMom wrote:Maryjo you are amazing.

But I think this:

needs more explanation!

*LOL* No No No!! I meant the applications have been coming in, but her new home isn't picked yet! Picked up a pug last night... Icon_biggrin

OK, that's what I thought, but just wanted to be sure, LOL!!!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 12/18/2009, 3:38 pm

I do not understand people who can have a pet that long and still see it as replaceable. Poor little (well, little and fluffy) things! I can only imagine how confused they are. Bless you, Maryjo and Vicki and all rescuers.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 12/18/2009, 3:40 pm

You are wonderful Maryjo.

I assume they say they are bonded to get the pug rescue to take them both, sheesh. But thank you for doing so.
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 12/18/2009, 3:51 pm

Sara wrote:...I assume they say they are bonded to get the pug rescue to take them both, sheesh. But thank you for doing so.

That's what I figure. Vickie says it was better to get the little thing than have them turn it into the pound. The pound is user friendly, but they will put down a dog if they think it is too old or sick to adopt out.

Vickie works a LOT with the all-breed rescues up here, and knows lots of people. Networking is her forté. Also, she'll groom rescue dogs from other rescues for free so that they look their best for pictures. She is fantastic!
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 12/18/2009, 9:08 pm

thanks for springing these two Maryjo, and getting them to safety!!!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 12/19/2009, 12:32 am

Depressing. Those owners who dump their dogs without a backward glance just make me sad. I don't know how you don't just start hating people when you work with rescue everyday. I hate them and I only read about it here. Aaargh!

MJ - glad you got the pair of them. Hope that it all works out for them both - poor babies.
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  juneau hunter 12/19/2009, 11:53 pm

Wow Maryjo, you completely impress me!
juneau hunter
juneau hunter

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down