Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blossom's going to her new home... sigh....

+5
smoochieface
TNPUGMOMOF3
TxAllieGrl
lindarpugma
Brenda
9 posters

Go down

Blossom's going to her new home... sigh.... Empty Blossom's going to her new home... sigh....

Post  Brenda 4/21/2010, 12:29 pm

I always get such mixed emotions when fosters leave, but this girl is killing me! I have had her for 8 months now, the longest I've had a foster and she is so freaking attached to me I am worried about her. She really does panic if she can't find me when she knows I am home etc. She's going to a wonderful home of former adopters who are about the same age as Mike and I and their pugs are theirs kids, so I know she's going to be all right. But......

I just keep envisioning her when I leave her there. Like "where's she going and why did she leave me?" I know I am putting human emotions on her, but I swear she has them. My only consolation is that she was with another foster home before me and was as attached to them and then latched onto me. She'll rarely be alone as her new parents work different hours and she will have a pug brother and sister. But.....

Ugh!!! I hate this part!
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Blossom's going to her new home... sigh.... Empty Re: Blossom's going to her new home... sigh....

Post  lindarpugma 4/21/2010, 12:39 pm

I have so much admiration for those of you who foster. It must be so rewarding but so heartbreaking at the same time. I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time.
lindarpugma
lindarpugma

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Blossom's going to her new home... sigh.... Empty Re: Blossom's going to her new home... sigh....

Post  TxAllieGrl 4/21/2010, 12:43 pm

I can imagine how you feel Brenda - sending some comforting thoughts your way.

I'm so glad she's found a good home!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 4/21/2010, 12:56 pm

It really does suck. There is no nice way to say it. It is so hard. The good thing is that it is harder on us that it is on them. She needs someone to love her and she will have that. All the other stuff will fall into place. Holly was also really hard for me. Much like blossom she was a hot mess, although in different ways, but I think those pugs are harder on us cause we've gotten through so much with them.
Your babies will love the extra attention, I know mine did. Just do lots of this.. Blossom's going to her new home... sigh.... 977583 it seems to help me.
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 4/21/2010, 12:56 pm

You're fighting the good fight, Brenda. Just think, now you have room for the next needy pug who may not be as lucky as Blossom.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/21/2010, 2:52 pm

aw, im so sorry..hang in there. You did a wonderful thing for her and Im sure she loves you for it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 4/21/2010, 3:01 pm

I think the better you are as a foster parent they harder it is to let them go. Bless her little heart, I'm sure she'll be fine. Blossom's going to her new home... sigh.... 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  HK Pugs 4/21/2010, 9:16 pm

There have been a few that broke my heart when I said goodbye. They still hold a very special place in my heart, so hugs, I know how you feel!
HK Pugs
HK Pugs

Number of posts : 1550

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 4/21/2010, 10:22 pm

I hear you! The longer they stay, the harder it is to let them go. For what it's worth, some of the ones who were with me for ages did GREAT in their new homes and I fretted myself sick worrying that they would pine for me.

You are a good foster mom and I'm sure she'll carry the love and care she got with you in her heart to her new home.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 4/22/2010, 10:02 am

Brenda, I can't imagine having one that long. My longest was only a month and a half.
It kills me when they leave. You are an amazing person to do what you do.

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 4/22/2010, 10:09 am

Letting them go really is the hardest part of fostering. You've done a wonderful job with Blossom, Brenda. It will definitely be heartbreaking to see her leave, but there will be another pug that needs you just as much as she did (if not more). Good luck to Blossom & her new family.Blossom's going to her new home... sigh.... 335895
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down