Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser

+8
MommaJones
Amanda
dieselsmom
Two Crazy Pugs
TxAllieGrl
PugLady3
Eph91
Rebecca and the Pugs
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser Empty Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 7/9/2010, 10:45 pm

Pugsavers has had many special needs pugs come though our doors in the last few months and our bank account is showing it. We are doing a Tastefully Simple fundraiser to pay for some of our large vet expenses. Orders will be accepted until July 31st. Please make sure your order is listed under Pugsavers Pugsavers. Thank you for your support.

http://www.tastefullysimple.com/secure/pomm/GuestResponseCatalogParty.aspx?pxid=6530492&key=9f8fdb6a-f707-40b4-8b30-ae9bd0f3dc6a
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser Empty Re: Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser

Post  Eph91 7/10/2010, 9:15 am

I found how to get Pugsavers Pugsavers as host, but Rachel is still showing up as my consultant--is that because I searched for things under her party (but then procrastinated and was too late ordering)?

Or, is it o.k. that she is showing up as my consultant?

Last edited by Eph91 on 7/10/2010, 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser Empty Re: Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser

Post  PugLady3 7/10/2010, 9:42 am

Eph91 wrote:Or, is it o.k. that she is showing up as my consultant?

Yep, she should be listed as the consultant. Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser Icon_biggrin
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 7/10/2010, 9:43 am

Oh, good! Thanks! Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser Icon_biggrin
Eph91
Eph91

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 7/10/2010, 10:18 am

YAY!!!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Two Crazy Pugs 7/10/2010, 11:08 am

What is good from them? I have heard of them before. I would love to support, but would love some help on what is good.
Two Crazy Pugs
Two Crazy Pugs

Number of posts : 1295

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 7/10/2010, 11:11 am

Cindi--check the other thread in this forum from the previous fundraiser--several people chimed in in answer to this question--that's what I did!

http://www.pugauthority.com/fundraisers-f13/tastefully-simple-fundraiser-nipra-t4519.htm

Oh, and this (quoted from Rachel) should probably be here, too (from the above thread):

"Also, if you ladies want drink buckets, I am offering a special through
the end of July that if you spend more than $50 (before shipping), you
can get a drink bucket (Samba Sangria Slush, Lovin' Lemon Slush, or
Juicy Watermelon Margarita) for only $5.00. If you do want to take
advantage of that special, though, you need to e-mail me your order
directly, since it's only available if I enter the order myself, rather
than you entering it on the website.
"
Eph91
Eph91

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 7/10/2010, 11:22 am

I can tell you what I have had that I have liked: (I haven't sampled very many things yet, but everything has been good)
Lemon Slush and Sangria Drink Buckets
Blueberry Bars
Beer Bread
Pound Cake (I don't usually like the taste of almond extract, but it was good, especially when topped with the strawberry rhubarb preserves). I bet the chocolate one will be REALLY good.
onion onion (I had it in a dip)- In fact I liked it so much, I ordered the other seasonings
The blue corn chips were surprisingly good with the sesame seeds.
The pesto mix and spinach artichoke dip were good. The spinach artichoke dip was more like a fondue than the traditional spinach artichoke dip.
I have the toasted garlic cheese ball mix that I haven't tried yet. Rachel suggested to serve it warm instead of cold. I do want to try the "Warm the Oven" dip.
My friend LOVED the Bold and Bossy Mustard and Merlot sauce.
I also have the watermelon margarita mix, and haven't tried it yet.

I just ordered the "Returning Favorites" collection. It is a good deal at $39.25, plus you get a free honey mustard or champagne jelly.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 7/10/2010, 4:09 pm

Let's see, I can probably give you a review of most all of the items!! Since you all don't get to sample the products like we would at a typical Tastefully Simple party, I'll give you a quick rundown of the products! It may get long, so I will try to break into a couple posts.

The Bountiful Beer Bread (BBB) is a staple and a must have (in my opinion!). It doesn't have to be made with beer - you can use any 12 oz carbonated beverage (beer, soda, juice). You can also get it in a wheat version (the Savory Beer Bread).

Blue Aztec Chips - not one of my personal favorites because I expect them to taste like a regular tortilla chip, but they have sesame seeds which give them a slightly different flavor. But I know a lot of people who LOVE them.

Cinnamon Muffin Melt - DELISH!!

Perfect Parmesan Biscuits - taste just like Red Lobster's cheddar biscuits. Yummy.

Perfectly Potato Cheddar Soup mix - really good soup mix, nice and handy to have around for a last minute meal with BBB.

Artichoke and Spinach Warm Dip Mix - very good. I don't like artichokes or spinach but really enjoyed this dip.

Lots of really yummy dips this summer:
Backyard BBQ Dip
Bacon Ranch Dip
Fiesta Party Dip
Go Go Asiago Dip
Spinach and Herb Dip
Sun Dried Tomato Veggie Dip
Warm the Oven Savory Cheese Dip
Toasted Garlic and Parmesan Cheese Ball

Standard dip mixes - Garlic Garlic, Onion Onion and Bacon Bacon. So good, they named them twice!! All of them can be used as seasonings as well as to make dips. And they last quite a long time. Garlic Garlic can be used in place of fresh minced garlic. Onion Onion can be used in place of chopped onions. I use them more for cooking than making dips because I never have fresh garlic or onions on hand.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Number of posts : 2235

http://www.cloudk9.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 7/10/2010, 4:19 pm

Salsas:
Simply Salsa mix - use fresh or canned tomatos and the mix to make your own salsa.
Corn, Black Bean Salsa
Sweet Pineapple Chipotle Salsa

Lots of new seasonings:
Seasoned Salt - even better than our regular household standby of Lawrys
Everyday Grillin' Seasoning
Garlic Pepper Seasoning - a very popular seller this summer

Oh, I've done a couple Tastefully Simple grilling parties this summer to highlight our great sauces and glazes that are perfect for grilling:
Bayou Bourbon Glaze
Honey Teriyaki Sauce
Merlot Sauce
Pomegrante Chipotle Sauce
Smoky Bacon Grill Sauce
Zesty Cracked Peppercorn Sauce - my personal favorite

Roasted Garlic Infused Oil - awesome for sauteeing or try coating cubed potatoes with the oil, sprinkling them with Garlic Pepper Seasoning, wrapping them in foil and grilling. Also good to use as a dipping sauce with the Dried Tomato and Garlic Pesto Mix or Garlic Pepper Seasoning.

Balsamic and Basil Dipping Oil is really good for dipping with french bread or BBB.

The drink buckets are a gigantic hit this summer. And they can be made with or without alcohol:
Lovin Lemon Slush
Samba Sangria Slush
Juicy Watermelon Margarita

The party pals gives you two smaller drink buckets:
Juicy Watermelon Margarita
Mmmm. . . Mojitos

Prickly Pear Drink Mix is one of our returning favorites that's available only through July 31 and a really good drink.

The Cake Batter Chiller Drink Mix is so-so as a drink, but I've found more people enjoy it when it's used as a fruit dip - mix 2 scoops of the drink mix, 1/2 cup sour cream and 1 cup cool whip. Really good fruit dip.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 7/10/2010, 4:32 pm

Rebecca and the Pugs wrote:
What's wrong with you?? Very Happy

The Merlot sauce is good! I haven't used it in a while but remember really liking it. I bought some last time I ordered. I got the chipotle pasta salad last time and flavor-wise it's really good. My only issue was that it's a lot of dressing for the amount of pasta that comes with it but that would be easily fixed next time by just adding some more of my own pasta.

Can you make the sangria just chilled instead of frozen? You can with the watermelon margarita and I prefer it that way. I'm not big on frozen drinks.

Last edited by Amanda on 7/10/2010, 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 7/10/2010, 4:33 pm

And my favorite - DESSERTS!!!

Absolutely Almond Pound Cake is a staple in our home and I think I have a panic attack if I start to run low!! It's great plain, yummy with the Rhubarb Strawberry Fruit Spread. I've also used Smucker's raspberry syrup on it - or just used cake frosting on it. It's a very versatile dessert - can be made in a loaf pan, pie pan, square man, or cupcakes.

There's a Chocolate Pound Cake Mix available until July 31 which is delicious.

Blue Ribbon Blueberry Bars are great.

For the Love of Cookies - yummy, plus for every one purchased, we donate $1 to fight childhood hunger.

I'm not a big key lime fan but the Key Lime Cheese Ball is really good without being overwhelming.

Nana's Apple Cake Mix is great and easy and can be made with various fruits, not just apples.

Sweet Strawberry Cheese Ball Mix is really yummy. Perfect as a spread for bagels or the base of a fruit pizza.

Truffle Fudge Brownies - they're brownies, enough said!!!
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 7/10/2010, 5:44 pm

Amanda wrote:

Can you make the sangria just chilled instead of frozen? You can with the watermelon margarita and I prefer it that way. I'm not big on frozen drinks.

That's a good question--I'm not a frozen drink person, either.

Did you just put the watermelon one in the 'frig instead of the freezer, Amanda?
Eph91
Eph91

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 7/10/2010, 6:20 pm

Eph91 wrote:
Amanda wrote:

That's a good question--I'm not a frozen drink person, either.

Did you just put the watermelon one in the 'frig instead of the freezer, Amanda?
Yes. I prepare it as directed but just put it in the fridge.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 7/10/2010, 8:54 pm

Amanda wrote:
Rebecca and the Pugs wrote:
What's wrong with you?? Very Happy

The Merlot sauce is good! I haven't used it in a while but remember really liking it. I bought some last time I ordered. I got the chipotle pasta salad last time and flavor-wise it's really good. My only issue was that it's a lot of dressing for the amount of pasta that comes with it but that would be easily fixed next time by just adding some more of my own pasta.

My friends wanted to try the other two drinks and my little freezer is full. As soon as I finish up the lemon lush bucket, the margarita bucket will be all mine. Actually, when I served the first two buckets, they weren't frozen yet, so we added ice. Both of the drinks were really good that way too.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 7/12/2010, 9:15 am

I posted this on another thread - but I made the perfectly parmesean biscuits last night. OMG YUM!!!!!

Will be getting more.

With the sangria - what kind of wine do you use? I did a merlot, and it was a bit heavy. I still need to cut it with more water...

TxAllieGrl

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 7/12/2010, 9:17 am

Allie, I haven't had any of the stuff (but trying to decide about my order), but what about a red zin? That may still be a little heavy, but if I drink red wine in the summer (rare), that's usually what a drink...
Eph91
Eph91

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 7/12/2010, 9:25 am

I used a cab, because that is what I had two bottles of. I think it says on the package you can make it with a white zin, if you want it lighter. I have been drinking the Lemon Slush, so let me try the sangria again tonight, and I will get back to you. Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser 977583
I can't wait to try the biscuits. Those do sound yummy.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 7/14/2010, 3:27 pm

thought I'd share this with you guys: after I RSVP'd "yes" to the event on Facebook, Steve saw it on FB and gave me the interrogation. Now WHAT is this thing? WHEN is it? WHERE is it? California??

It took me a while to stop laughing so I could explain it to him.

TxAllieGrl

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 7/14/2010, 4:52 pm

Rebecca and the Pugs wrote: I have been drinking the Lemon Slush, so let me try the sangria again .
What do you mix with the Lemon Slush? I haven't been able to use either of my buckets (sangria and watermelon margarita), because my freezer broke down. My new one should be in this week, so I'm going to fix them up then!

I'm definitely going to have to try those Parm Biscuits. I bet my family will love them! When do the orders have to be in?

The interrogation by Steve is FUNNY!
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 7/14/2010, 6:02 pm

Christy-
I mixed vodka with the Lemon Slush. The orders don't have to be in until July 31st.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 7/14/2010, 8:10 pm

TxAllieGrl wrote:thought I'd share this with you guys: after I RSVP'd "yes" to the event on Facebook, Steve saw it on FB and gave me the interrogation. Now WHAT is this thing? WHEN is it? WHERE is it? California??

It took me a while to stop laughing so I could explain it to him.

Oh, Allie, that's funny!!! I bet Steve was relieved to hear you weren't going to CA!!

MommaJones wrote:
Rebecca and the Pugs wrote: I have been drinking the Lemon Slush, so let me try the sangria again .
What do you mix with the Lemon Slush? I haven't been able to use either of my buckets (sangria and watermelon margarita), because my freezer broke down. My new one should be in this week, so I'm going to fix them up then!

I'm definitely going to have to try those Parm Biscuits. I bet my family will love them! When do the orders have to be in?

The interrogation by Steve is FUNNY!

Christy, you can mix vodka with the lemon slush. I've used Blue UV (blue raspberry vodka). A client said she mixes it with cherry rum.

Orders are due by July 31.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 7/15/2010, 2:47 pm

Rachel, I don't want to miss out this time! I may email you and then ask for a good time to call to give you my cc#. Is that o.k.? (Lazy with the checks and mail, can you tell!) Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser Icon_lol

I do have a question for all of the watermelon margarita lovers--is it a fresh watermelon taste, or more like watermelon candy, etc.? I'm actually not a huge watermelon person (although I've started to like it more in the past few years--I do like fake watermelon, too, though!) Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser Icon_lol
Eph91
Eph91

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 7/15/2010, 3:51 pm

Eph91 wrote:
I do have a question for all of the watermelon margarita lovers--is it a fresh watermelon taste, or more like watermelon candy, etc.? I'm actually not a huge watermelon person (although I've started to like it more in the past few years--I do like fake watermelon, too, though!) Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser Icon_lol
I'd say it's in between. It's not syrupy sweet or too fake tasting though. What I actually really like about the watermelon margarita is drinking it with a salt rimmed glass. If you like the salty/sweet combo, it's great! I think it would still be good with a sugar rimmer (or no rimmer) but I particularly like the combo. I will sometimes add a little bit of sugar to the salt and it's perfect that way.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  dieselsmom 7/15/2010, 5:56 pm

Eph91 wrote:Rachel, I don't want to miss out this time! I may email you and then ask for a good time to call to give you my cc#. Is that o.k.? (Lazy with the checks and mail, can you tell!) Pugsavers Tastefully Simple Fundraiser Icon_lol

Lex, that's not a problem at all. You can really call me anytime in the evenings - after usually 6:30 central time, I'm around. I'll PM you my phone number.
dieselsmom
dieselsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next