Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nail ripped off!

+8
Pugsaunt
smoochieface
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
papaspugs
monkeypigs4eva
Aussie Witch
Renee
LisaW
12 posters

Go down

nail ripped off! Empty nail ripped off!

Post  LisaW 7/19/2010, 10:44 pm

We were eating in SLO right next to the creek. I had the girls & they were getting a bit tangled, so Woody offered to take mochi. Well, for some reason he put her on the chair. It was slippery, so she was squirming. He then took her off. After that she was holding her back leg out weird. I then realized she ripped her nail off in one of the little holes in the seat of the chair. Ewwwwww. Poor baby. It was gross & she never yelped at all. A sweet waiter got on his smartphone, found the nearest 24 vet & off we went. We got there about 10 pm. The quick is still there, but the whole nail was just hanging by a thread. Woody felt so bad. She just shook w/ pain for so long. We are home & she is finally o.k. My heart breaks for her. She was in so much pain, shaking so much. They sedated her when they took the nail off, so she wouldn't be in as much pain. She shook off & on thru out the night until about 11 am this morning. They gave me 3 liquid syrings w/ anti imflamatory to give her orally 24 hr apart. She seems fine now. I took the bandage off just now. Poor baby. The quick is raw & red.
LisaW
LisaW

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

nail ripped off! Empty Re: nail ripped off!

Post  Renee 7/19/2010, 10:48 pm

Poor Mochi!! We've been through this too. Their capacity to suffer in silence amazes me.

I'm glad she's feeling better, and tell Woody not to beat himself up. When she is 100% better, he can make it up to her...with steak, or ribs, or some other delicacy. nail ripped off! 335895
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 7/19/2010, 11:13 pm

Poor baby! Glad you had a kind waiter ready to help. Healing thoughts for your girl. nail ripped off! 335895
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeypigs4eva 7/19/2010, 11:17 pm

OUCH! Poor Mochi-accidents happen and I feel bad for Woody too. Hope you are ALL doing ok nail ripped off! 335895
monkeypigs4eva
monkeypigs4eva

Number of posts : 1892

http://www.etsy.com/shop/monkeypigranch

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 7/20/2010, 9:01 am

Ouch! Tell Woody, it could have happened to anyone. Hopefully she will be feeling better soon.
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 7/20/2010, 9:38 am

Poor Mochi, I hope she's feeling better soon!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/20/2010, 1:24 pm

papaspugs wrote:Ouch! Tell Woody, it could have happened to anyone. Hopefully she will be feeling better soon.

Absolutely, Lisa! I posted this on your FB page, but it happened to us while where we both with the boys at lunch in exactly the same way. Chester was sitting on the chair and jumped off and his nail caught on a hole in the chair and tore clean off. He bled all over the restaurant and it was frightening. The vet patched him up, bound his foot tight for a week, and gave us a bunch of antibiotics and pain meds. It healed up very well and the nail grew back. No one is allowed to sit on holey chairs anymore.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 7/20/2010, 1:29 pm

Poor Mochi! Woody has to be feeling awful, and it wasn't his doing, it just happened. I'm with Renee. Some steak, prime rib, fresh salmon, and shrimp should make up for it with Mochi. Hugs to all.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  thminis 7/20/2010, 11:03 pm

Glad she is doing better and has a great mommy who took her right to the vet! Some people are really surprised that they have to be sedated and worked on to remove torn toe nails...but they are major ouchies!
thminis
thminis

Number of posts : 1139

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie & Stella 7/21/2010, 6:07 pm

Oh ouch! Poor girl. She deserves extra treats and hugs for sure.
Katie & Stella
Katie & Stella

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 7/22/2010, 12:11 pm

Poor Mochi, that has to hurt. I hope she's feeling much better. nail ripped off! 335895
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Puglove2 7/22/2010, 12:23 pm

poor mochi. this happened to violet not too long ago. it was partially torn off and she bled a lot, but i cleaned it and wrapped it. i called my vet and she said to leave it and let it fall off. violet was not in much pain, just limping a bit. i just kept it really clean and sometimes wrapped it, but it eventually fell off and now it has grown back. you'd never know that she had lost it before.
Puglove2
Puglove2

Number of posts : 1943

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down