Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoie Broke her nail

2 posters

Go down

Zoie Broke her nail Empty Zoie Broke her nail

Post  Guest 2/2/2010, 10:42 am

Zoie
broke her nail about half way down and cleanly off. What is weird her
quick is exposed and undamaged. She does not seem to be bothered by it
all all. She walks without a limp and goes in the snow with no problem.
I noticed it last night. I did find the nail on the couch.

I think when she was sitting with me she was trying to get my attention
and was scratching my arm. I do have an appointment today with the vet,
but I was wondering if anyone knew what they would do? I am nervous
they will have to anesthetize her. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Zoie Broke her nail Empty Re: Zoie Broke her nail

Post  Saira 2/2/2010, 10:57 am

Both Indy and Hooli had their nails break off-Hooli pulled it totally out (ouch), and Indy had it broken, for him, they tried to dremel it down a little more (they weren't very successful-he kept screaming). For both boys, they just bandaged it for a day or two, and then we got antibiotics for a few days.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 2/2/2010, 4:26 pm

Saira wrote:Both Indy and Hooli had their nails break off-Hooli pulled it totally out (ouch), and Indy had it broken, for him, they tried to dremel it down a little more (they weren't very successful-he kept screaming). For both boys, they just bandaged it for a day or two, and then we got antibiotics for a few days.

yep, Dre had that happen too. bandage it for a couple of days, and a bit of antibiotics. she was as good as new!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/2/2010, 4:36 pm

aw poor girl! no fun! :(
that happened to my parents dog as well..had to wrap it up so it wouldnt get any dirt in it and get infected. Antibiotics would be good too so it wont get infected.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/3/2010, 9:16 am

Zoie went to the Vet yesterday. They said it looked ok and they did not want to wrap it, because if it got wet it would just be worse. He just told me to keep her out of the mud and keep an eye on it.

She does have a lump on her eyelid that he gave us meds for. We are hoping it is just a cyst. Zoie Broke her nail 253213

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down