Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Powder Ear Treatment

3 posters

Go down

Blue Powder Ear Treatment  Empty Blue Powder Ear Treatment

Post  Dboardman 8/17/2010, 4:10 pm

Okay, I have had the stuff to make the solution for a week or so but could not find a suitible bottle to put it in. Finally I just stole one of my wifes Wilton cake decorating bottles because it would be perfect. The problem is that the bottle is only 6 oz. So I figured that if I just cut the recipe into 1/4 that it would be fine. So 4 oz of Witch Hazel, 1 Tbsp Boric Acid, 4 drops Gentian. After shaking it up it is no where close to a blue color to me. Is it more of a purple for anyone else?

http://www.itsfortheanimals.com/Adobe/Blue%20Power%20Ear%20Treatment.pdf

Thats the recipe I used, just subed the Witch hazel for Alcohol.
Dboardman
Dboardman

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Blue Powder Ear Treatment  Empty Re: Blue Powder Ear Treatment

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 8/17/2010, 4:21 pm

To me it is more of a violet than blue.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Dboardman 8/17/2010, 4:28 pm

Yea, thats about it for me. How in the world do you not dye your pugs head with this? I am not looking forward to using this on here lol.

Dboardman
Dboardman

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 8/17/2010, 4:56 pm

I suck it up in a syringe and squirt it into his ears. I have a tissue in my other hand and as soon as I'm done squirting I pull the flappy part of his ear over down and rub. I try to keep him from shaking his head and getting it all over.
I would wear an old shirt and do it outside or in the bathtub until you get the hang of it.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 8/17/2010, 4:57 pm

Dboardman wrote:Yea, thats about it for me. How in the world do you not dye your pugs head with this? I am not looking forward to using this on here lol.

Yeah--it's a bad name as mine is always purple. I soak a cotton ball with it and then squeeze the solution into the ear. I do it where the staining won't matter to me--either out on the deck or in the basement. And it does stain like a SOB. So far, none of my pugs have purple heads.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down