Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAP update

5 posters

Go down

DAP update Empty DAP update

Post  Amanda 5/29/2009, 11:23 pm

Well, it hasn't been enough time to give a true update on the pheromones but I'm encouraged. I bought the plug-in which arrived yesterday and I plugged it in last night. I honestly forgot all about it today but tonight I was flipping through TiVo and saw that Dogtown was recording and it dawned on me to give it a try. I usually can't watch it at all with Lucy around because she'll spin uncontrollably the whole time. Well, I'm about halfway through the show and she hasn't left the couch! Although I know one instance isn't enough to say it "works" it's pretty major for Lucy!

Nell, on the other hand, is still being a bitch! Laughing
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

DAP update Empty Re: DAP update

Post  Saira 6/2/2009, 3:30 pm

Since it's been a few days now, how is it going??
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 6/2/2009, 9:20 pm

Ha ha ha to the Nell comment. That would be AMAZING if it worked!
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 6/2/2009, 9:26 pm

Saira wrote:Since it's been a few days now, how is it going??
Unfortunately, no huge changes. Will give it more time but I'm not holding out much hope.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 6/2/2009, 9:58 pm

What is this thing you bought? Wally's barking at people outside is putting me over the edge, esp. since he takes it out on Emmet, too.
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  lindarpugma 6/3/2009, 9:58 am

Have you tried Reconcile for Lucy? It is prozac for dogs. I am not really one to rush to give my dogs drugs but Buddy (rescue) was so messed up when I got him. I don't know how much he was abused but I think he was hit a lot and was left in the crate almost constantly. He was very thin and the only thing they told me that he liked to eat was bologna.

He was/is very bad to resource guard (food aggressive). I started him on the Reconcile and also have done some positive re-enforcement training and it has made a world of difference. He would attack the others over food and treats and just seemed aggitated a lot of the time. The bottle of pills actually says for separation anxiety but it has just made him a much happier and different dog. It is pretty expensive (but the vet here sells me that larger dosage bottle so I can get 2 doses out of each pill) and I hope to get him off of it in a little while but it has been worth every penny. If that wouldn't have helped I would have to find him a new home, he would have really hurt my girls.
lindarpugma
lindarpugma

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 6/3/2009, 11:07 am

lindarpugma wrote:Have you tried Reconcile for Lucy? It is prozac for dogs.
I have not tried it. Our vet did give us Prozac to try but I think it was just regular Prozac, not a dog "version." I'm actually getting ready to switch vets because I'm not pleased with our current one. I will definitely ask the new vet about it. How long did it take for you to see a difference?

Lucy is food aggressive with Nell but is fine with people. Ava likes to reach in her dish while she's eating and pull out pieces of kibble and feed them to her. I about had a heart attack the first time I saw her doing it. I had my back turned for a second and turned around to see her hand in the dish. Lucy is perfectly fine though. She'll even back off sometimes and get this look on her face like "come on kid, finish your playing so I can finish my dinner." If it was Nell, she would have taken her face off. It's funny though because Lucy is SUPER sweet in general but definitely won't take any crap from Nell. Nell always ends up being the one getting the bad rap because she's rough and pushy but deep down, I really don't think she's the "fighter." She just likes to instigate. If she gets Lucy worked up enough and you really watch the dynamics between them, Lucy is the aggressor.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  lindarpugma 6/3/2009, 1:35 pm

I could see a difference with Buddy within a week or so. I'm not sure though if there is something other than prozac in the pills or if they are just "doggy" prozac because they are chewable (although I have to hide his in something). You could ask your vet about that before you buy them.
lindarpugma
lindarpugma

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 6/3/2009, 8:41 pm

What is it?
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 6/3/2009, 8:45 pm

Eph91 wrote:What is it?
Sorry, meant to come back earlier and post this but forgot.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O5HUEA/ref=ox_ya_oh_product
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down