Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, this really sucks, Penny has pancreatitis.

+28
leslyeb
Lindsey
We're Here
pugmom
papaspugs
Katie & Stella
Ann&Miller
Soniebluvspugs
pugasaurus
Eph91
Milosmom
smoochieface
Not Afraid
Maryjo
juneau hunter
H the P
pugsandkids
TNPUGMOMOF3
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
PugLady3
TxAllieGrl
northernwitch
Puglove2
LisaIzzyAggy
Pugsavers
Renee
Aussie Witch
Pugsaunt
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Well, this really sucks, Penny has pancreatitis.   Empty Well, this really sucks, Penny has pancreatitis.

Post  Pugsaunt 8/27/2010, 12:01 am

We were at the dogtor for 2 and a half hours this morning. They were really great with Penny (everyone there loves her - but, then, what's not to love, unless you are another dog), and she was very good. She had diarrhea on the dogtor and the tech and the dental assistant, and they all laughed it off. Well, the laughter stopped when the blood test came back. Penny has pancreatitis. Which shouldn't surprise me, I know the smell of pancreatitis diarrhea from my ER days. It is a mild case, and the dogtor thinks she should be back to normal in about a week. She's on Flagyl and a HUGE pill to firm up her poo, and is off the Rimadyl until her pancreas calms down - I'm giving her 25 mg of tramadol 3-4 times a day. She's going to at work with me while I'm doing the full-time thing. The dogtor said to watch her closely, and I'm not leaving her at home all day alone with just a walker coming in once. She was just water until dinner tonight, and she got a wee tad bit of chicken and rice. Quite chuffed that there wasn't more, which makes me feel better. When she is not her diva self, I will really worry.

So yes, I'm freaked out, and am calming down. Work was ok, and people were asking about her all day. She charmed everyone who came into my office, and the head maintenance guy tracked down a spray bottle of Nature's Miracle for the floor. She's still leaking a bit when she barks, but no major runs after dinner.

Please, if you can spare a prayer and good thought that this passes quickly and there is no permanent damage to her pancreas (I really don't want to have to deal with diabetes down the road), Ms. Thang and I will appreciate it.

Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Well, this really sucks, Penny has pancreatitis.   Empty Re: Well, this really sucks, Penny has pancreatitis.

Post  Aussie Witch 8/27/2010, 12:10 am

OH MY!! Poor little poppet. From everything you posted earlier and now, it seems that your vigilance and experience stopped this from getting any worse - if she has to have it I'm glad it's a mild case. Is it an "idiopathic" case or can you pinpoint anything? Lots of love and good thoughts that she's over this super-quick. hug dog
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Well, this really sucks, Penny has pancreatitis.   Empty Re: Well, this really sucks, Penny has pancreatitis.

Post  Renee 8/27/2010, 12:56 am

Awe, Miss Penny Lane!! You poor girl!! Get better soon, so your momma doesn't have to worry so!

Glad you can take your girl to work with you. I really hope this stays mild and clears up soon. Good thing you look her to the vet.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 8/27/2010, 4:18 am

Oh Penny, you really didn't have to copy your Auntie Roxane. But like me, I know you are a tough old broad and will have the prayers of lots of people who love you for a quick and total recovery.

Sending you both big hugs and lots of prayers!!
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 8/27/2010, 4:22 am

I'm sorry Nancy. I'm praying that it passes quickly, that there is no permanent damage to her pancreas and for strength and comfort for you both. Hug hug dog
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 8/27/2010, 7:32 am

Oh poor penny, I hope the meds clear it up quickly and she is back to her diva self in no time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Puglove2 8/27/2010, 8:14 am

i hope penny has a quick and full recovery. poor girl.
Puglove2
Puglove2

Number of posts : 1943

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 8/27/2010, 8:40 am

Well, crap---literally. Some dogs just do seem to get it for no apparent reason. Glad you were on it so fast, Nancy. Glad you were on it so fast.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 8/27/2010, 9:39 am

oh my! Nancy, so glad you were able to get it addressed quickly. Here's hoping the meds do their job, and Penny has no last effects. Please give her gentle hugs from me!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  PugLady3 8/27/2010, 9:46 am

Poor Penny (and you)! I hope that she's feeling better soon! hug dog
PugLady3
PugLady3

Number of posts : 2562

http://www.northernillinoispugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 8/27/2010, 10:03 am

Sorry to hear this, I hope the flagyl works its magic and Penny is feeling better in no time. It's great that she can come to work with you in the meantime!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 8/27/2010, 10:08 am

My Bullmastiff had it once and never had any other issue with it. I hope the same is true with Penny too!
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  pugsandkids 8/27/2010, 10:55 am

Hugs to both of you! I hope Penny feels better soon...
pugsandkids
pugsandkids

Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 8/27/2010, 10:55 am

Poor Penny Lane, and poor you, Nancy. Everything crossed here for Penny's speedy recovery. hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  juneau hunter 8/27/2010, 1:04 pm

Oh Penny, please get well soon!

Juneau and Rosco are saying pug prayers!
juneau hunter
juneau hunter

Number of posts : 2896

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 8/27/2010, 1:25 pm

Poor Miss Penny! I hope she's feeling better today. My sweet Louisie went thru a couple bouts of pancreatitis. I know how worrying it is.

Please give her a gentle hug from me.

Well, this really sucks, Penny has pancreatitis.   335895
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 8/27/2010, 1:28 pm

Oh no! I'm glad it is a mild case and you got her on meds right away. I hope sure recovers quickly and is back to her normal Diva self in no time. Give her a hug from me, please.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 8/27/2010, 2:27 pm

Your mama instincts to take Penny to the vet ASAP yesterday were right on. Poor little Penny. Lots of good vibes going to you and Penny. I hope she feels much better very soon.
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Milosmom 8/27/2010, 5:14 pm

Oh no!
Speedie healing wishes to the darling Diva hug dog .
Milosmom
Milosmom

Number of posts : 1178

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 8/27/2010, 7:05 pm

I'm glad that it is a treatable case; Penny is lucky to have you!

Is it strange I'm a little jealous of your ability to detect different scents/types of diarrhea? Wink
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  pugasaurus 8/27/2010, 7:55 pm

Poor Penny Lane! I hope she makes a speedy recovery and that it doesn't come back!
pugasaurus
pugasaurus

Number of posts : 1117

Back to top Go down

Post  Soniebluvspugs 8/27/2010, 8:29 pm

Hope Penny gets better really soon, poor girl. Judge sends his love.
Soniebluvspugs
Soniebluvspugs

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post  Ann&Miller 8/27/2010, 8:33 pm

Prayers going out to sweet Penny. Hopes she's feeling better soon!
Ann&Miller
Ann&Miller

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 8/27/2010, 8:37 pm

Eph91 wrote:I'm glad that it is a treatable case; Penny is lucky to have you!

Is it strange I'm a little jealous of your ability to detect different scents/types of diarrhea? Wink
Um, well, yes, a bit. After working in the ER, I can tell a GI bleed from 20 feet.

Soniebluvspugs wrote:Hope Penny gets better really soon, poor girl. Judge sends his love.
Penny sends her love back to her Judge.

Thank you everyone. She has not pooped since late afternoon yesterday - a good thing. The dogtor called and said that there was no giardia or critters in her poop sample, and that the treatment seemed to be working. She has so enjoyed being at work with me and having everyone love all over her. Such a good girl! The encouraging thing is that her diva personality has remained through this entire experience. On the down side, her bottom is beet red and looks so uncomfortable. I'm dabbing a bit of lavender oil on it and it seems to help. Penny sends her woofs to all her aunties and says thanks for the good thoughts. Me too.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie & Stella 8/27/2010, 8:56 pm

Oh I'm so glad she's feeling better. I've been thinking good thoughts for her.
Katie & Stella
Katie & Stella

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next