Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They say bad things happen in 3's....

+9
Not Afraid
H the P
Eph91
LisaIzzyAggy
Snifter&Toddy
Pugsaunt
Puggered
Renee
Stazz
13 posters

Go down

They say bad things happen in 3's.... Empty They say bad things happen in 3's....

Post  Stazz 9/2/2010, 1:53 am

Well, as you all know, this week has been the most difficult of my life !!!

Let me tell you how it started though !!!!!
This past Monday morning, we got to the car to it not working, at all. I had driven it the night before, and there was nothing wrong. So, had the car picked up by Jeep and waited for their quote.

Then we both caught cabs to work. A couple hours of me being at work, I got a call from our building management stating that the guy below us ceiling has collapsed in his kitchen, and they worked out that it was a huge leak coming from our master bathroom. So off I go, borrowed a car from a colleague, and went home to find the hugest water flood in our bathroom and bedroom. I couldn't find where the leak was coming from. Eventually i did find it, and it was coming out form underneath our bath !!!
So I called them, and they arranged for their technicians to come and have a look. So they came, looked, and said the leak is coming from the shower pipe, INside the wall. So they have to switch off the master bathroom water valves. Right. So that means I can't bath or shower or brush my teeth in there !!!! Blah blah blah, they still haven't fixed it, and it's now Thursday morning. We are bathing ourslves with a bucket of hot water and a sponge....takes us back to our backpacking in India HAHAHA.

Anyhoo, so then....this disaster strikes with Yoda after we come back from dinner on Monday night. That me and my emotions finished !!!
Had to deal with the scare and worry and freaking out of Yoda, could not get hold of emergency vet after our first call.
Then had to wait and hear from vert about Yoda etc etc...found out yesterday that he could come home, so that was the happiest day of my life. After I visited Yoda at lunch...I got back to my office, with my boss saying "I need to see you in 20mins"....I was like, Yikes, sounds like Im in trouble for something....

Well...after those THREE bad things that happened to me/us....I thought that was done and dusted ! WRONG !!!
I was made redundant yesterday....wonderful. I cried my freakin eyes out. Was the last straw !!

Looking at it now, its a blessing in disguise, as it gives me a kick in the butt to persevere and find a job thats better and better paying too !!!
But still....what a FREAKIN week !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have all been AMAZING...Im so happy to be part of the PA family !
Stazz
Stazz

Number of posts : 348

Back to top Go down

They say bad things happen in 3's.... Empty Re: They say bad things happen in 3's....

Post  Renee 9/2/2010, 2:08 am

I'll guess redundant means laid off??

Damn, this has been a bad week for you! I wish I had words of wisdom....

Just don't get down. Time to get in gear and move onward and upward!

Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

They say bad things happen in 3's.... Empty Re: They say bad things happen in 3's....

Post  Puggered 9/2/2010, 2:21 am

I suppose Karma must have ruled the price for saving Yoda was this. So glad you can see the positive side of it.
Don't let the turkeys get you down...

Hug Hug Hug Hug
Puggered
Puggered

Number of posts : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 9/2/2010, 2:27 am

Aw, damn, Stace, I am sorry. Things do tend to happen for a reason, and there is the perfect job out there waiting for you.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Stazz 9/2/2010, 2:34 am

Abso-freakin-lutely !!! I was so happy and up and down yesterday, and then this happened. BUT, I'm really excited !!!!!!
There is a plan laid out for all of us, and this is my time to move on up :)

Renee - Yup, laid off ! Our company isn't doing too well. The laid off guys last year, and now I'm the first one for this year !
I say this with a smile on my face, as I know there is something greater, and more wonderful out there!!!
Stazz
Stazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Snifter&Toddy 9/2/2010, 3:44 am

Stace - I am sorry you got made redundant. But I can say that all of the people I know who have been made redundant have gone on to better things. So I am sure you will, too.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaIzzyAggy 9/2/2010, 7:25 am

I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time Stace. I hope things get better soon and that you find your dream job. Hang in there.
LisaIzzyAggy
LisaIzzyAggy

Number of posts : 3001

Back to top Go down

Post  Eph91 9/2/2010, 8:37 am

Wow...you have had a horrible week! And I think being called "redundant" is pretty harsh! But I'm glad your boy is o.k. and you have such a great attitude about it! Wishing much better things around the corner!
Eph91
Eph91

Number of posts : 2839

Back to top Go down

Post  H the P 9/2/2010, 9:05 am

What a hideous week for you. Things have just got to get better soon. But Yoda is OK and that's what really matters. hug dog

H the P

Number of posts : 1241

Back to top Go down

Post  Stazz 9/2/2010, 9:06 am

THANKS so much everyone !!!

All is good in the hood ! All that REALLY counts is baby Yoda is okay, and the rest can be sorted !!!
Stazz
Stazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Afraid 9/2/2010, 10:53 am

WOW! That's a lot of things to happen in a very short period of time. Hang in there, it will all get better soon.
Not Afraid
Not Afraid

Number of posts : 5095

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 9/2/2010, 10:58 am

Stace - all of that really, really sucks. You are going to be one strong lady when you get through this rough spot (the whole that-which-does-not-kill-us-only-makes-us-stronger thing).

Hang in there!

Sending many good thoughts your way that things look brighter for you.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyandtilly 9/2/2010, 11:02 am

Oh you poor thing. I hope things start to look up for you. Hope you find the bestest job ever.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  pugsandkids 9/2/2010, 11:05 am

Oh my goodness, at least you have Yoda by your side to watch you move on to the next step. What a week you've had...
pugsandkids
pugsandkids

Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Denise M 9/16/2010, 8:12 pm

You know....I have worked for PepsiCo for the last 27 years. I have seen quite a few restructurings and great people that gave so much to the company laid off. Companies no longer are loyal to employees and they do not value employee loyalty. The one thing I do want to say is that when I meet up with these people 90% look so much more relaxed, happy and YOUNGER. They all have said that in hindsight it was a good thing that it happened.

I wish that you too will soon be able to post that you are in a much better place.

And yes I must also say that as long as you, Yoda and the rest of your gang are healthy and well. You are at peace.

God does not always give us eveything we want, but I do believe e provides us with what we need. (PS I am not religious but through a few life altering crises, I have a strong sense of spirituality)

Denise M
Denise M

Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post  Stazz 9/18/2010, 8:00 am

Denise, I can't thank you enough for your kind words.
Actually just what I needed to hear !!!! Its tough to try and stay positive, I haven't found anything as of yet, have gone to a couple interviews, but nothing concrete is happening. I can't help but worry, but I know everything will be fine :) I'm lucky to have my rock of a fiance, and Yoda to keep me sane and smiling !!

I too hope to report good news soon soon...the right job will find me !
Stazz
Stazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsaunt 9/18/2010, 10:20 pm

Stace, I have a pretty good idea how you are feeling. Things can only get better, though. Honest.
Pugsaunt
Pugsaunt

Number of posts : 6877

Back to top Go down

Post  Stazz 9/19/2010, 1:02 am

Thanks Nancy & Penny :)

You know, its funny how the world works....I'm always the seriously positive, smiling friend.....but now I have so many of those, and I can't seem to smile like I used to !!
I know I'll find my smile again, its a part of me....think being so extremely homesick doesn't help matters either. Ai Ai, listen to me...sound like a depressed old lady !
Thank you all for being so wonderful

Stazz
Stazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down