Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the middle of a food change

4 posters

Go down

In the middle of a food change Empty In the middle of a food change

Post  lola's mom 9/23/2010, 3:08 pm

I finally decided on Wellness Super 5 and for wet food I chose Wellness Simple Solutions Lamb and Rice formula. Blanche did I see something you posted about the sweet potato mix?

I am into 4 days of the change and I am so pleased about it.
Lola is my trouble child with the super sensitive belly and I can't even believe both of their poops have been great. Today we transitioned fully to the wellness canned and most of the kibble.

So do you think I made the right decision as far as the food I chose? I had a really hard time deciding and that's what took me so long. I almost got the small breed formula kibble but the protein was higher and Lola isn't great with high protein foods.

What do you kow about the wellness canned stew mix? Is it more beneficial to use that than the simple solutions?

I switched from Canidae to Wellness for those who didn't know.
lola's mom
lola's mom

Number of posts : 785

Back to top Go down

In the middle of a food change Empty Re: In the middle of a food change

Post  Renee 9/23/2010, 3:58 pm

I like Wellness. I use if for my fosters, and occasionally for my own puggies. I have used the super 5 mix, which I was happy with. I switched to the Wellness Core, because I wanted to go grain free, and not use any formula with chicken.

I bought some of the canned too. I like to use canned with kibble.

None of my pugs have allergies, so all the food restrictions I do are voluntary. As long as the ingredient is something I feel is good, I would use the Wellness Stew canned. In fact, I'm certain I have a can or two of it. I like variety for them.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  pugfish 9/23/2010, 7:46 pm

My only gripe with the small breed formula was Ollie had a hard time eating the kibble cause it was SO small. But she is now happily eating natural balance LID and its only been like 3 days. Where as it took me 2 weeks with the other food and she would rather dig in the trash then eat her food.
pugfish
pugfish

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 9/24/2010, 6:04 pm

Hey, if it works for you and Lola--then that's what's important. I've used the Wellness canned meat and sweet potato (comes with various proteins)--but don't use it for my allergy fosters as the sweet potato feeds the yeast. I like the Wellness Stew canned, but again, I only use it if I'm not worried about figuring out allergy issues.

I know several dogs with sensitive bellies that do really well on the Wellness simple solutions.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down