Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nose folds -update

+4
pugpillow
Amanda
northernwitch
Saira
8 posters

Go down

nose folds -update Empty nose folds -update

Post  Saira 10/15/2010, 11:01 pm

Again. Ok, so I think Hooligan just likes embarrassing me when we go to the vet. We are off tomorrow to get his foot looked at and get his nails trimmed. Every other day I clean out his folds with this stuff the vet gave me-last night it looked fine. This evening it looks horrible, swollen and red and irritated. Grr!

Last edited by Saira on 10/16/2010, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

nose folds -update Empty Re: nose folds -update

Post  northernwitch 10/15/2010, 11:06 pm

Yep. It's all a plot to make you look bad. Tank pulls the "rotten nose fold just before going to the vet even though my mom has been very dedicated to keeping it clean". And he also does the "eat something really bad for me that I find on the road or in the park while mom is distracted with Hazel acting like a loon. Develop itchies and stink of yeast so vet will think mother is a careless owner".

Fortunately, my vet knows better.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 10/15/2010, 11:09 pm

northernwitch wrote:Yep. It's all a plot to make you look bad. Tank pulls the "rotten nose fold just before going to the vet even though my mom has been very dedicated to keeping it clean". And he also does the "eat something really bad for me that I find on the road or in the park while mom is distracted with Hazel acting like a loon. Develop itchies and stink of yeast so vet will think mother is a careless owner".

Fortunately, my vet knows better.

Well I'm glad it's not just mine! I feel like I'm always telling him "but I SWEAR I clean out his eyes/ears/folds" routinely! Rolling Eyes
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 10/15/2010, 11:12 pm

It's always the way! Luckily we don't have many face roll issues here but periodically Lucy's will flare up and they get nasty fast! I also find that any kind of product seems to just irritate her more. I just use a baby washcloth (since they're thin) and water then another one to dry and that seems to work better than anything. Hooli likely found some gunk laying around and just smeared it in there.
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pugpillow 10/15/2010, 11:17 pm

I was having trouble with Denver's nose fold for a while and told the vet about it. She recommended putting hydrogen peroxide on it. I did it for a few days with a Q-tip and it cleared up. Now I'm doing it every 3-4 days as a preventative.
pugpillow
pugpillow

Number of posts : 944

Back to top Go down

Post  pugfish 10/16/2010, 10:33 am

I had this issue last week, my vet said to use witch hazel pads, dry them and put a little of antibiotic ointment on it.
pugfish
pugfish

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindsey 10/16/2010, 10:36 am

pugpillow wrote:I was having trouble with Denver's nose fold for a while and told the vet about it. She recommended putting hydrogen peroxide on it. I did it for a few days with a Q-tip and it cleared up. Now I'm doing it every 3-4 days as a preventative.

Murphy has a problem with his wrinkle, but I never thought hydrogen peroxide on it. I will have to try that!
Lindsey
Lindsey

Number of posts : 2033

Back to top Go down

Post  Denika 10/16/2010, 1:12 pm

Justice is having a major problem with this too. The vet even did all kinds of tests, including a fungal test, which I have not gotten back yet. I took him in to get his "manly surgery" done, and ended up with the nose roll issue and 3 baby teeth that had to be pulled. So, I am definitley going to try to peroxide and see if that helps! Thank you!
Denika
Denika

Number of posts : 37

http://www.cleftadvocate.org/ff0404Jamie.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel 10/16/2010, 3:00 pm

maybe he's hoping the vet will feel so badly he'll adopt him and take him away from the wrath of Sophie. razz
Mel
Mel

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 10/16/2010, 3:10 pm

Man, they are so bad at the vet! Indy pooped as soon as we walked in and both screamed like girls during their nail trims. Of course after I get done telling the vet that Hooli had been limping, Hooli starts running around. Rolling Eyes The vet said he thinks Hooligan just really starts rubbing his wrinkles which makes them get inflamed so fast. So we are just going to continue to make sure we clean them well, and give him benedryl whenever I see him itchy. His paw looked better (of course)-he thinks the same thing with that as well, Hooli just bites at it and makes it more inflamed. We got a couple of days worth of pain pills to help him stop irritating it, he doesn't want to get him on steroids (one dog is enough, thank you very much) unless it's absolutely necessary but he thinks it's just a flare of up that we can control with antihistamines for now.

Good news is that both boys got an A plus on their weights. cheers Indy is down to 15.8-if he goes above 16 lbs, our vet gets crabby, lol. Hooli is down to a perfect weight for him too.

Oh and I had my hands full at the time but 2 of one of the vet tech's dogs were in the office today, a shih tzu and a pitbull and Hooligan and the pittie were in love with each other. I had her watch him while I loaded Indy in the car and when I came back in, they were cuddling together. Poor Hooligan, he wants a big dog buddy sooo bad. Very Happy
Saira
Saira

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down