Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poop Eating Video

5 posters

Go down

Poop Eating Video Empty Poop Eating Video

Post  MandyPug 10/31/2010, 1:13 am

Regarding five Pugs, go figure lol! This is from It's Me or the Dog.

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/its-me-or-the-dog-the-five-pugs.html
MandyPug
MandyPug

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Poop Eating Video Empty Re: Poop Eating Video

Post  GingerSnap 10/31/2010, 8:45 am

I remember seeing that episode. Although I normally like Victoria Stilwell, I thought that was a weird episode. The flags seemed weird to me. If you can get to it fast enough to flag it, why can't you get to it fast enough to pick it up?
GingerSnap
GingerSnap

Number of posts : 3547

Back to top Go down

Post  pugasaurus 10/31/2010, 1:13 pm

GingerSnap wrote:I remember seeing that episode. Although I normally like Victoria Stilwell, I thought that was a weird episode. The flags seemed weird to me. If you can get to it fast enough to flag it, why can't you get to it fast enough to pick it up?

When I had 10 dogs, 6 of them poop eaters, believe it or not, I couldn't get there fast enough! The poop eaters are all watching each other to see who's getting ready to poop. I went on this kick of cleaning up after them when Lacey started getting poop skid marks on her head.

I'd stand out there, pooper scooper at the ready, and it would be a race to see who got to the poop first, I'd be screaming "leave it" with the pooper scooper flailing in my arms and the dogs would try to get there before me. I was never fast enough to get it all, because after I scooped it, I had to take it back to the poop bucket and the dogs would race over to the next pile before I had a chance.

I admitted defeat after several months of this and hey, on the bright side, there's less poop to scoop up.
pugasaurus
pugasaurus

Number of posts : 1117

Back to top Go down

Post  MandyPug 10/31/2010, 2:07 pm

GingerSnap wrote:I remember seeing that episode. Although I normally like Victoria Stilwell, I thought that was a weird episode. The flags seemed weird to me. If you can get to it fast enough to flag it, why can't you get to it fast enough to pick it up?

Well first they teach the dogs to not go near the flags, then I think the point was to eventually get the dogs to associate the poop with the flags which would ultimately associate poop with "do not go near this".

MandyPug
MandyPug

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverHopper 10/31/2010, 6:24 pm

I remember seeing this episodes and boy did I want to pumch the husband. How could you not feed the fosters and only their own. He was an ass and really showed it. Anyways.....I thought the flag thing was weird too. If you're there, just pick it up. I have 8 pugs in the house and two are poop eaters. My only way to win the battle is to pick up everyone's poop on every walk even if that means I have to run across the yard saying no! Not onyl does that cuts down ont he poop eating, it also cuts done on the landmines too. Very Happy I have trained myself (yes myself) to pick it up on every walk even at 2am with a flashlight. Mind you I live in FL so do not have to deal with the snow, just the cold once in a blue moon.

The only one I am battling and it's a 50/50 is my oldest pug, Boley. He eats poop and sometimes cant control where he goes. So if I'm not home, he will make sure he cleans up his mess as much as I prefer him to leave it. hair pull
ForeverHopper
ForeverHopper

Number of posts : 301

http://www.centralfloridapugrescue.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 11/1/2010, 5:27 pm

I also saw the original episode and wanted to kill that husband. How dare he feed his own and not the fosters. rant He would have been kicked to the curb ages ago! her method was very disappointing. I specifically watched the show to get ideas, and hers were off the wall.

We have 3 poop eaters out of 7 dogs, and I think my Rocky learned from the other two. The only thing that works for me is getting to it before they do. They are picky and only like Odie Gus Gus, Diamond, and Chloe's poop. *LOL*

Oh, and it has to be fresh, if it's gotten cold, forget it. I'll be glad when the snow is on the ground, the poop freezes faster.

ashamed
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down