Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gertrude had her dental today

5 posters

Go down

Gertrude had her dental today Empty Gertrude had her dental today

Post  Guest 11/5/2010, 4:17 pm

My foster went in this morning for her dental. They removed 8 teeth, they said they pretty much just fell out! She was already missing about 21 teeth now with the 8 it does not leave to many left.
She did really well, no pain meds as the vet said they were so easy to remove.
She came home, went out did her business, had an early dinner and is now struggling to keep her eyes open.
It makes me fell better knowing how well she did, now I might not be so scared when it comes time to do Vivian.

Back to top Go down

Gertrude had her dental today Empty Re: Gertrude had her dental today

Post  TxAllieGrl 11/5/2010, 5:03 pm

glad all went well for Gertrude!!

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 11/5/2010, 5:48 pm

I'm glad she came through. Remember, she can get cold easily from being put under. Keep her warm!
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/5/2010, 6:45 pm

Renee wrote:I'm glad she came through. Remember, she can get cold easily from being put under. Keep her warm!
I did not know that. The house is toasty warm, besides being a bit sleepy she is doing really well.

Back to top Go down

Post  thminis 11/5/2010, 6:51 pm

Reggie is always a little coughy and phlegmy after being put under (makes sense from the intubation). Glad to hear Gertrude is doing well! Dentals are usually pretty uneventful.
thminis
thminis

Number of posts : 1139

Back to top Go down

Post  papaspugs 11/5/2010, 6:51 pm

Hugs to Gertrude. Lola is only 6 and barely has any teeth left. My vet said that her teeth were just crammed on top of each other which caused a lot of root rot :(
papaspugs
papaspugs

Number of posts : 2297

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/5/2010, 6:57 pm

thminis wrote:Dentals are usually pretty uneventful.

and that is a good thing!

papaspugs wrote:Hugs to Gertrude. Lola is only 6 and barely has any teeth left. My vet said that her teeth were just crammed on top of each other which caused a lot of root rot :(

She now has 15 theeth, the vet did say she will have none by the time she is around 10, poor thing, but she chowed down her dinner just fine!

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Witch 11/6/2010, 5:10 am

Good to hear she was ready for dinner!
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/6/2010, 8:12 am

The best news of all is someone is very interested in her. She will be meeting her tomorrow, she sounds like a perfect new mom, fingers crossed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down