Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dental cleaning

+2
Pugsavers
acullins1
6 posters

Go down

dental cleaning Empty dental cleaning

Post  acullins1 2/24/2011, 9:09 am

I have made a dental cleaning appointment for Garth.The cost is $600. I was wondering if this is normal? Brooke's teeth are bad but do to her age the vet and I are hesitant to put her through it. I'm worried about her. I use Maxi Guard ( an oral cleansing gel) but it dosen't seem to do much. Any advice,thoughts?

acullins1

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

dental cleaning Empty Re: dental cleaning

Post  Guest 2/24/2011, 10:38 am

That does seem steep, I think my dental for Viv was around $250-300.
I'm going today to have my guys teeth checked out I can find out what I did pay.

Edited to say, Viv did not have any bloodwork done prior and only had one minor extraction.
I'm sure Ruperts bill will be more w/ bloodwork and pulled teeth.

Last edited by Donna on 2/24/2011, 12:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugsavers 2/24/2011, 10:45 am

It depends where you are located and what that includes. Does it include pre-dental bloodwork? If not, this is something I would suggest you do just to be certain that everything is good before doing the surgery. And is that "worst case scenario" ie if many teeth need to be extracted or is that just basic. Some places in the US consider Feb. "Doggie Dental Month" and give a discount this month as well.
Pugsavers
Pugsavers

Number of posts : 1541

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca and the Pugs 2/24/2011, 10:48 am

I just paid about that for Bubba's and he didn't need extractions (which increases the price). I had his senior blood panel done a few weeks ago (that was maybe around $150?) The cost of his dental without extractions (not including the panel) was $350. I did get a discount because it was dental health month. His last dental was more because he did have to have at least one extraction. If the cost is an issue, you can see if your vet takes Care Credit.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Rebecca and the Pugs

Number of posts : 2936

Back to top Go down

Post  acullins1 2/24/2011, 11:56 am

Thanks, I was just wondering. The receptionist didn't specify blood work so I will call right now.

acullins1

Back to top Go down

Post  SacramentoPugs 2/24/2011, 1:31 pm

My last dental for Rhoda was $770. She had four really large teeth extracted.
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee 2/24/2011, 1:36 pm

My dental for Ichiro ran about $400. That included the blood work and only one extraction.

When I had Skeeter and Tobey done at the same time during dental health month, the total was around $600. They each had 3 extractions, and we got the discount for dental health month.

Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Saira 2/24/2011, 2:17 pm

I think Hooli holds the record, his was almost 1,000 but he had 8 extractions and we did the full senior blood work up. The basic price wasn't so bad, it just went up for extractions and how hard those extractions were.
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  acullins1 2/24/2011, 3:00 pm

I just came back from having Garths' blood work done. I brought Brooke and he was able to remove some tartar from a couple of her teeth. She is such a good,good girl.

acullins1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down