Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My newest SEPRA foster

+8
Newsie96
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
Amber
Maryjo
Brenda
Javalita
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
rachi
12 posters

Go down

My newest SEPRA foster Empty My newest SEPRA foster

Post  rachi 6/9/2009, 11:20 am

Please welcome Honey, my newest SEPRA foster. She is a puggle, very sweet and obviously has been someone's pet at one time. She is housebroken, kennel trained and gets along with my dogs just fine. Don't know what happened to her eye, she was found that way. Although she was covered in ticks and has tapeworm, she is heartworm negative and very spunky. She has a little white muzzle, but her teeth are in great shape so the vet estimated her age at 3-4years. She does the pug head tilt but also the beagle constant tail wagging and when she is excited she does this high pitched howl/whine. Man does she love her kennel, this is the first foster I have ever had who voluntarily chooses to sleep in a kennel. Last night I put a different blanket in the kennel and she went in and layed down. I decided she needed something softer, so I went and got a blanket to put under her. I couldn't get her OUT of the kennel. I had to pull the blanket with her on it out-but she hopped up and went back in. I picked her up and put her back on the floor (she is small, around 18lbs) and she tried to get back in again. I finally had to hold her back with one hand, place the soft blanket in and then quickly grab the other blanket and lay it back on top of the other. She went in, sunk down into the soft nest I had made, curled up into a ball and slept all night. I even leave the kennel door open, just because I am not used to having a dog closed up in a kennel. hug dog

My newest SEPRA foster DSC_1333

My newest SEPRA foster DSC_1344

My newest SEPRA foster DSC_1339
rachi
rachi

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

My newest SEPRA foster Empty Re: My newest SEPRA foster

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 6/9/2009, 11:26 am

She's adorable, I love the color of her coat.
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Javalita 6/9/2009, 11:31 am

SHe is beautiful! Nice about her crate training too. I wonder what her history is...
Javalita
Javalita

Number of posts : 964

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda 6/9/2009, 11:40 am

Oh, she is just adorable!!! I can't believe she loves the kennel that much.
Brenda
Brenda

Number of posts : 2221

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 6/9/2009, 12:36 pm

She is absolutely beautiful! She's the same color as Bozlee! hug dog
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber 6/9/2009, 7:54 pm

Awww she is adorable!! Thanks for sharing!!
Amber
Amber

Number of posts : 2080

http://www.lotusblossomphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lu Ci and Ri Ki 6/10/2009, 1:42 am

Very pretty girl.
Lu Ci and Ri Ki
Lu Ci and Ri Ki

Number of posts : 569

Back to top Go down

Post  Newsie96 6/10/2009, 8:42 am

She's a pretty little thing! I hope she finds a great home!
Newsie96
Newsie96

Number of posts : 996

Back to top Go down

Post  lola's mom 6/10/2009, 9:05 am

She is gorgeous! You take great photo's! I can't wait to hear more and see more of this baby!

Yesterday on my drive to Boston I transported a female puggle. My friend was fostering her and she was the sweetest. She loved toys and would go back and forth to Lola and Logan's toy box taking every toy out and playing with it. She was very well behaved during our 4 hour drive with 3 pugs. They all slept the whole way.
lola's mom
lola's mom

Number of posts : 785

Back to top Go down

Post  Deanna 6/14/2009, 11:47 am

Honey is one of the prettiest puggles I have seen. You can tell she had to be someones dog at some point as she looks good. Also I would love to know what happened to her eye. Maybe its better I don't know what happened to it.
Deanna
Deanna

Number of posts : 349

http://www.pugrescueofmo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rachi 6/15/2009, 11:50 am

Well, Honey is all ready for her new home. She was spayed on Friday, that went just fine, she had her shots/microchip... last Monday and she should be up on the SEPRA website today or tomorrow. I sent in her write up last night. I have only had her eight days, so she has just now started settling in to our routine. No more fights so far, my boys are giving her the respect and wide berth she needs. Apparently they needed to be taught a lesson, she is the first foster to stand up to them in any real way.

However, I have started using a squirt bottle recently-why I haven't done it before I don't know. You can mark the bad behavior IMMEDIATELY, even from across the room. Honey has only gotten it twice, once for her high pitched whine/howl/bark that goes on for over a minute anytime I let her in the house (she hasn't done it since) and once she had found a bully stick and was growling, showing her teeth and giving one of my dogs the stink eye as they walked by (giving her a wide berth). She jumped up and took it to her kennel, much better than starting a fight. Whew! She has even cut down on the barking/whining/howling.

She is going to make someone a wonderful pet, I hope she doesn't have a hard time finding a family because she is a puggle and not a "real" pug.
rachi
rachi

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post  TNPUGMOMOF3 6/15/2009, 2:10 pm

She is cute, so she shouldn't have a problem at all.
TNPUGMOMOF3
TNPUGMOMOF3

Number of posts : 1982

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 6/15/2009, 3:28 pm

she really is adorable! Crossing my fingers that she finds the perfect forever home.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down