Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taste of the Wild Now Ethoxyquin-Free

+2
Renee
SacramentoPugs
6 posters

Go down

Taste of the Wild Now Ethoxyquin-Free Empty Taste of the Wild Now Ethoxyquin-Free

Post  SacramentoPugs 1/5/2011, 7:14 pm

For those who have been waiting for Taste of the Wild kibble and canned to be ethoxyquin-free, the wait is over. According to the company, ToW bags with an expiration date on or after May 15 2011 no longer use fish meal sourced from a company that uses ethoxyquin as a preservative.

I'm thrilled to hear this, as I fed ToW for several months before hearing about the ethoxyquin issue, and it really is terrific food. Grain-free, unique protein sources, plenty of varieties to rotate through, and Marlee did really well on it. I'll be picking up some ToW on my next dog food shopping trip! cheers
SacramentoPugs
SacramentoPugs

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Taste of the Wild Now Ethoxyquin-Free Empty Re: Taste of the Wild Now Ethoxyquin-Free

Post  Renee 1/5/2011, 7:19 pm

I'm glad to hear this as well. I occasionally put my fosters on kibble, so their potential adoptive homes have something to start with, and Taste of the Wild was always a kibble I wanted to use! They sell it at the same store where I buy The Honest Kitchen for my own pugs.
Renee
Renee

Number of posts : 5694

http://www.polarpug.org

Back to top Go down

Taste of the Wild Now Ethoxyquin-Free Empty Re: Taste of the Wild Now Ethoxyquin-Free

Post  sallyandtilly 1/5/2011, 7:37 pm

That's good news. Funny thing is that Tilly won't eat ToW. She will eat absolutely anything else in this world, but turned away from the samples I had.
sallyandtilly
sallyandtilly

Number of posts : 3150

Back to top Go down

Post  northernwitch 1/5/2011, 8:25 pm

SacramentoPugs wrote:For those who have been waiting for Taste of the Wild kibble and canned to be ethoxyquin-free, the wait is over. According to the company, ToW bags with an expiration date on or after May 15 2011 no longer use fish meal sourced from a company that uses ethoxyquin as a preservative.

I'm thrilled to hear this, as I fed ToW for several months before hearing about the ethoxyquin issue, and it really is terrific food. Grain-free, unique protein sources, plenty of varieties to rotate through, and Marlee did really well on it. I'll be picking up some ToW on my next dog food shopping trip! cheers
Ditto--I have always really liked their food and many of my fosters did best on TOTW. Glad the ethoxyquin issue is settled.
northernwitch
northernwitch

Number of posts : 11031

http://www.pugalug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  puglouie 1/5/2011, 9:20 pm

I fed it to Chamuco for awhile. I never liked the way it smelled. Guess I must be in the minority. Also, I really don't think the little Devil liked it THAT much anyway.
puglouie
puglouie

Number of posts : 618

Back to top Go down

Post  MandyPug 1/5/2011, 10:52 pm

We still can't carry it at my store. The franchise refuses to carry anything diamond. Period.

Too bad, it's a decent economy line grain free food.
MandyPug
MandyPug

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down