Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We started to organize our dog wash!

+5
rachi
MommaJones
Saira
Aussie Witch
Maryjo
9 posters

Go down

We started to organize our dog wash! Empty We started to organize our dog wash!

Post  Maryjo 6/14/2009, 12:47 pm

Here's the webpage: Let me know if anything looks weird. I am especially interested if you use a browser besides IE.
http://polarpug.org/events1.htm

We had a meeting of Polar Pug Rescue directors last Thursday and hashed things out. I've now made up flyers (That look similar to the webpage), and we're going to start putting them in stores and vets offices. We're going to put the event in the local paper's datebook and on Craigslist events. Word of mouth has already gotten tons of interest! We also might get on a couple radio shows. a local DJ actually adopted a pug from Vickie!

There used to be a bunch of do-it-yourself dog washes in town, but one by one, they've closed down. Vickie's is one of the few left. We've figured out the logistics of assembly-line dog washing, and I am going to line up some volunteers from our pug party group to help.

What a blast this will be! Thanks for giving me the idea, Saira! hug dog

Any suggestions to help put the word out, or to help things run smoothly that day, I'm all ears!

We started to organize our dog wash! Purpban We started to organize our dog wash! Banana
Maryjo
Maryjo

Number of posts : 4954

http://www.maryjoalaska.com/

Back to top Go down

We started to organize our dog wash! Empty Re: We started to organize our dog wash!

Post  Aussie Witch 6/14/2009, 4:47 pm

Web page looks great - best of luck with it MJ!
Aussie Witch
Aussie Witch

Number of posts : 8556

Back to top Go down

We started to organize our dog wash! Empty Re: We started to organize our dog wash!

Post  Saira 6/14/2009, 9:32 pm

Take lots of pictures! It sounds like you got a good plan going-I don't know how the store is laid out but it might be good to take a couple of x pens to block the doors or to let the pugs play in without getting into everything?

One of the board members put all the pictures together into a little slideshow which turned out cute!
Saira
Saira

Number of posts : 8302

http://www.rescuepugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaJones 6/14/2009, 9:47 pm

Saira wrote:Take lots of pictures!
What about taking pictures of the dogs being washed and selling them to their parents?
MommaJones
MommaJones

Number of posts : 3761

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryjo 6/15/2009, 1:02 am

MommaJones wrote:What about taking pictures of the dogs being washed and selling them to their parents?

Good idea! I'll ask Vickie (the head of the rescue and the owner of the daycare). She does prfessional photos at Christmas, she might want to do this!
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  rachi 6/15/2009, 11:37 am

I helped at a dog wash here in STL to benefit SEPRA. I only washed dogs on one of the two days, but it was a lot of fun. Actually, a lot of the people didn't come in specifically for SEPRA, they just happened to come in to wash their dogs. Since we did it for the same price, and most (all?, not sure) of the money went to charity they were very willing to let us do the dirty work. We even got some customers who had come in to buy dog food/treats/toys and for an extra $10 got a clean dog. I think the idea of pictures, maybe even a before and after or with their owners would be great. I know I don't have too many pictures of me with my dogs, I would definitely love it.
hug dog
rachi
rachi

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara 6/16/2009, 12:57 am

The website looks good and I use Safari. Have fun!
Sara
Sara

Number of posts : 4083

Back to top Go down

We started to organize our dog wash! Empty It Happens this Saturday!!

Post  Maryjo 7/16/2009, 11:38 am

The Soggy Doggy Wash happens this Saturday!! We've put the word out every way we can think of, and Vickie is going to be on a couple radio shows about it today and tomorrow! I am so excited, and nervous. We've planned our startegy, figured out whet we needed, and have volunteers to help.

I hope this is a success, and becomes an annual event!

What fun this is going to be!

We started to organize our dog wash! Happydance.................We started to organize our dog wash! Happydance................We started to organize our dog wash! Happydance
Maryjo
Maryjo

Back to top Go down

Post  TxAllieGrl 7/16/2009, 12:29 pm

Good luck!! I hope it's a really successful event.

TxAllieGrl

Number of posts : 5801

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 7/16/2009, 12:51 pm

Sounds like fun! I hope it goes well!!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  smoochieface 7/16/2009, 2:27 pm

What a great project, Maryjo! Good luck on Saturday!
smoochieface
smoochieface

Number of posts : 5123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down