Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do the issues all come at the same time?

4 posters

Go down

Why do the issues all come at the same time? Empty Why do the issues all come at the same time?

Post  Amanda 6/25/2009, 12:51 am

Nell suddenly started limping tonight. I have no idea what the issue is. I did accidentally step on her foot last night so I'm hoping it's just some residual soreness from that. I felt all up and down her leg earlier and she didn't seem bothered until I got to her foot then she pulled it away but didn't cry or anything. She hates her feet touched anyway though so who knows. I gave her a baby aspirin and I guess I'll just see how she is tomorrow. I do worry that she jumps off of our bed alot, which is high. We always make an effort to lift her off but sometimes she'll just jump down when you don't expect it, etc and it's hard to avoid. I guess it's time to get steps then try to convince her to use them! I have a hard time remembering that she is getting older! Anybody have an extra high bed and a set of steps you'd recommend?

Now Lucy. I put both girls in bed last night before bed then went into the bathroom to take a quick bath. When I came out, I noticed that someone had peed on the bed (of course the day the bed had all clean bedding on it!). I assumed it was Lucy because she won't jump off the bed and if Nell had to go, she's more likely to jump down and go pee in the closet or somewhere she thinks I won't find. The girls rarely do things like that so I didn't give it too much thought. We spent alot of time outside last night so I just figured she was thirstier than usual and drank alot before bed. Tonight though, she peed when Kyle went to pick her up and put her on the bed. I took her back outside then put her back in the bedroom with Kyle. He said when he went to pick her up again, she peed again!! I guess I'll need to call the vet and get her checked for a UTI. She hasn't had any other accidents in the house though. It's kind of odd.
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Why do the issues all come at the same time? Empty Re: Why do the issues all come at the same time?

Post  Snifter&Toddy 6/25/2009, 4:09 am

Frustrating.

Hope Lucy doesn't have a UTI and that Nell's foot is now back to normal.
Snifter&Toddy
Snifter&Toddy

Number of posts : 2071

Back to top Go down

Why do the issues all come at the same time? Empty Re: Why do the issues all come at the same time?

Post  leslyeb 6/25/2009, 8:02 am

Poor Lucy probably does have a bladder infection if she kept peeing like that. As far as Nell, who knows why she is limping. Could be her foot or her knee. As far as steps go, Tim made some back when our pug boys were 3. He used the old heavy duty milk crates. He stacked two of them and placed one in the front on the bottom. He tied them together then wrapped them in carpet. So many of the steps they have for dogs aren't really that tall plus they have very narrow steps which my guys were afraid to use. I have seen some nice ramps that I was thinking of getting since Chyna isn't supposed to use any steps, but she would jump if I didn't have anything. I try lifting her up and down but once in a while she surprises me in the middle of the night and gets down to get a drink

Sorry about both girls having issues. Tell Ava not to come up with any sympathy illnesses!!!
leslyeb
leslyeb

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 6/25/2009, 10:57 am

Leslye, I was looking around at stairs online last night and was starting to think that a ramp may be more practical. I"ll have to see what I can find.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyson&LuLu'sMom 6/25/2009, 11:15 am

I guess you could call what we use a ramp. It's actually a foot stool that matches a chair from IKEA.
Here's a link:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99825050

When it rains it pours, I hope you can get both their ailments figured out!!
Tyson&LuLu'sMom
Tyson&LuLu'sMom

Number of posts : 3776

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 6/25/2009, 11:22 am

TysonLuLuMom wrote:I guess you could call what we use a ramp. It's actually a foot stool that matches a chair from IKEA.
Here's a link:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99825050

When it rains it pours, I hope you can get both their ailments figured out!!

We have a chair in our room that Nell will jump up onto then up on the bed but she won't use it to get down. Lucy won't use it at all. Maybe she'd use a step stool. I'm not sure. Will have to try it. We do have an ottoman in our room that I considered using but it's leather and I didn't really want it to get all scratched up and if I put something over it, they'll obviously slip.
Amanda
Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down