Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pug Authority Forum
Welcome to the Pug Authority forum!

This is a fun, supportive community of pug owners who are dedicated to sharing our experiences regarding responsible pug ownership and learning from others.

You are currently viewing the forum as guest which does not give you the same access as members. Please click the Register button below to join our community! If you are already a member, please log-in!
Pug Authority Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pee Issues

4 posters

Go down

Pee Issues Empty Pee Issues

Post  Pugs4me 7/17/2009, 10:49 am

Laci started peeing in the house yesterday and Laci never pees in the house. She went twice in the kitchen on the tile floor and then she went upstairs and peed on a bed. This isn't like her so I immediately thought she had a UTI. I took urine in first thing this morning and they've already run it and called to let me know it looked great, no infection, no crystals and normal ph. The vet suggested I keep an eye on her and see if it's an ongoing issue where perhaps she's incontinent. I really don't think so since she sleeps in bed with us and stays dry all night but I'll keep an eye on her.

I was wondering if anyone else has had any issues like this where the urine has been normal.
Pugs4me
Pugs4me

Number of posts : 405

Back to top Go down

Pee Issues Empty Re: Pee Issues

Post  BDazzpugs 7/17/2009, 11:25 am

I have no advise for you, except my girls will pee on a bed in 15 seconds flat. Drives me nuts. Glad to read it is not a UTI. Has there been any changes in the hosue this week? New schedule, pet, visitor, etc?
BDazzpugs
BDazzpugs

Number of posts : 1286

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda 7/17/2009, 11:29 am

No real advice here either but we, for some reason, have random pee issues with Lucy. Every several months, just out of the blue she'll go through a day or two where she'll pee on the bed then maybe pee somewhere else in the house. We've never really been able to pinpoint a reason. She's high anxiety anyway so I just chalk it up to being extra worked up about something.
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 6990

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DeeAnn 7/17/2009, 11:46 am

I dont have any real help but My Lola has incontinent problems...She is on a natural med she takes once a day and it has really helped alot.good luck
DeeAnn
DeeAnn

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugs4me 7/17/2009, 7:19 pm

Thanks guys. Nothing really new going on in the house this week. My husband was gone a few days but Leo is the one who sulks around when he's gone. Laci is my anxious one so it could simply be that Peyton was a little more wired than usual this week and that bothered her. I'm going to keep an eye on her and see how it goes. If she continues wetting in the house we'll definitely be at the Vet next week. The only reason I didn't take her in today was she just had her annual a couple weeks ago and everything looked great plus I figured it was a UTI.

DeeAnn, I'd love to know what you're using. Lillie is starting to have a few issues because of her age. It's always when she's sleeping on her bed. I talked about medication with my vet but decided I'd hold off since it's easy enough to clean her bed. Something natural would be wonderful though.
Pugs4me
Pugs4me

Number of posts : 405

Back to top Go down

Post  DeeAnn 7/17/2009, 9:25 pm

Pugs4me wrote:Thanks guys. Nothing really new going on in the house this week. My husband was gone a few days but Leo is the one who sulks around when he's gone. Laci is my anxious one so it could simply be that Peyton was a little more wired than usual this week and that bothered her. I'm going to keep an eye on her and see how it goes. If she continues wetting in the house we'll definitely be at the Vet next week. The only reason I didn't take her in today was she just had her annual a couple weeks ago and everything looked great plus I figured it was a UTI.

DeeAnn, I'd love to know what you're using. Lillie is starting to have a few issues because of her age. It's always when she's sleeping on her bed. I talked about medication with my vet but decided I'd hold off since it's easy enough to clean her bed. Something natural would be wonderful though.

Lola started having problems first a UTI...then I took her in because she was sleeping and would just pee or be on my lap and pee.I took her in and No UTI so we ruled out anything else and the vet said she is so young not even 2 yet she didnt want to put her on meds to try a natural suplement.Lola has been on this about 3 months and sooooooo much better.She has had a few little dribbles but nothing like before.Here is the link of what she is on.
http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/product_detail.aspx?item_guid=1a5c796d-32b6-4d36-a7cb-46a27cf9c8bf
DeeAnn
DeeAnn

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down